Profile for Leviathan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Leviathan RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
ASUS Direct CU II Thermal Design with Direct-GPU Contact 10mm Copper Heat Pipe Graphics Card GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5
Price: $439.99
55 used & new from $409.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but not always good enough., July 29, 2014
I got mine for $336 dollars in Like-New Condition sold by Amazon Warehouse deals. That's an amazing price considering this card usually retails for $520. I overclocked it nicely: (at + 38mV Max voltage) 110% power target, +215 GPU Offset +295 memory Offset (crappy memory overclock because my card has Elpida memory instead of Samsung). However, despite all that it's still not enough for games like "Crysis 3" and "Metro Last Light" even though my resolution is only 1920x1200. If I max out "Metro Last Light", with SSAO X4 it becomes unplayable in levels like "Undercity" by running at around 40 FPS but dropping into the 30's and even the 20's when many enemies are on screen. SSAO X3 is alright but honestly even SSAO X2 can be too much for this card at times. However, I don't really mind since I got this card for dirt cheap and I only plan to keep it until the GTX 880ti gets released. If this card is already struggling in current games it won't be able to handle upcoming heavy titles such as "The Witcher 3" or "Star Citizen". Nevertheless, I don't want to be too negative. Don't get me wrong, the card is good , just not good enough in some instances. Coming from a GTX 580 3GB SLI setup I can still say that I saw improvements with this card in temps, noise levels and performance but , like I said, the performance level is still not that great. Doing an SLI with this card would be perfect but a single 780 can struggle at times. The lesson to take from this review is that, if you plan to buy this card and money is not an issue, you should buy 2 or get a GTX 780ti instead. Buy the GPU used like I did and save some money. I regret not having bought 2 for $336 each. Too late now, Amazon has increased the price by $100. I'm glad I snatched that deal on time. Thank you Amazon for that ridiculous deal and thank you Asus. The card looks great, has good performance and is very cool, quiet and the backplate was a very nice touch.

-CORSAIR HX 1050 WATTS GOLD PSU

GM16 Metallic Red Gundam Marker
Offered by HYPERIONZ
Price: $5.97
18 used & new from $3.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete Junk. First of all, it's more pink ..., July 18, 2014
Length:: 0:41 Mins

Complete Junk. First of all, it's more pink than red. Second, of all if you try to paint a red metal surface with this it will actually come out silver.
Long story short, the paint in the marker is not "metallic red", it's metallic pink and to be honest, I'd even go as far as saying it's metallic grey. DO NOT BUY, PRODUCT NOT AS ADVERTISED.

Metro Last Light [Online Game Code]
Metro Last Light [Online Game Code]

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, September 8, 2013
The game was not bad. The only thing that I felt was lacking compared to the first Metro was beautiful music. Metro Last light didn't really have any good soundtracks. Metro 2033 had cool ones like "Don't forget" and "Metro 2033 good ending OST". Other than that, the voice acting was a little off but that's to be expected from the Metro franchise and honestly, the graphics were not that great. Only after installing SweetFx the graphics became amazing with "Lumasharpen" on, AA on and everything else off. Metro last light was better than 2033 because the player had access to the surface which was pretty sweet. The storyline was good and it started right whenre 2033 had left off. I won't go into details to not spoil anything. When it's all said and done I recommend this game.

CORSAIR HX 1050 WATTS GOLD PSU
ASROCK Z77 EXTREME 6
INTEL I5 3570K
MSI NGTX 580 LIGHTNING XTREME
EVGA GTX 580 3072MB
G SKILL 8GB SNIPER LOW VOLTAGE SERIES
MISHKIN DELUXE 240 GB SSD
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1TB 7200 RPM DRIVE

CM Storm Sentinel Advance 5600 DPI Twin Laser Engine Pro Gaming Mouse ( SGM-6000-KLLW1-GP )

4.0 out of 5 stars A little surprising, January 3, 2013
Everything about this gaming mouse is perfect except for one thing.
There is a design flaw. The top is made of metal and that's a terrible idea. Obviously your hand is going to sweat, and humidity from my hand made the top rust.That's right, it actually rusts.
Also "CM STORM" that is written on the side of the mouse will fade over time. However, I will fix the rusting problem easily by applying black antirust paint on it. Despite the design flaw,the DPI level adjustments are great and this gaming mouse is the best out there. My K/D ratio in BF3 is 3.23 and counting. This is all thanks to this mouse. People don't believe me when I say that I don't use a joystick in jets. That's how smooth this mouse is. It performs as well when on foot or driving around in a tank. Just make sure you have a Dpi level for each situation.

Far Cry 3 - PC
Far Cry 3 - PC
Offered by Digitalville
Price: $8.07
41 used & new from $4.08

5.0 out of 5 stars FarCry 3, December 20, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 3 - PC (DVD-ROM)
WOW! I was surprised by the quality of this game. I was expecting much less. All of the ingredients to an awesome game were there: Great story line ,great graphics ,great music:AMAZING OUTRO!(Far Cry 3 - Main Theme by Brian Tyler) and an open world sandbox. I enjoyed it right from the first scene. The characters were so life-like which made it a truly immersive experience.I loved the freedom the game gave you in regards to the different modes of transportation. You could approach your objective from land, sea or air. If you're still reading this, you've probably noticed that my review sucks. That's because this game is so awesome that I don't really know where to begin, I'm struggling to put it into words. I'll stop here and let you find out.

Other thoughts: go to your gamerprofile and set postprocess to "false" this will remove the blur from the distant mountains and add some anisotropic filtering to remove blur from the ground. Also, if you want, also add "sweetfx"

Alright, I don't want to spoil it so go ahead and enjoy what truly deserves to be the Game of the Year.

Minor cons:
-Maybe go easier on the whole "duuuudeee" attitude in certain characters but hey they're young and rich teenagers you can't blame them ;)
-Visual glitch of DOOM! The biggest glitch that i've ever experienced in a game. I checked online and I'm not the only one. It will make the game unplayable because your screen will be covered in glitches and you wont even be able to see what's in front of you. However, you fix it by restarting the game and then you can play for hours and hours and hours and never see it again.
-What's up with the Far cry series ? The Alpha version of the game always looks much better than the finished product...
-CORSAIR HX 1050 WATT GOLD PSU

Price: $7.95
17 used & new from $7.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Medal of Crap, December 20, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I have never been so dissapointed in a game. I played it for 30 minutes and that was enough to put me off. The first thing I hated was the way it looked. The graphics sucked, it had that consolized look: Blurry, Grainy,pixelated, low-res look with the worst level of detail. (Similar to the one in Crysis 2). As for the actual gameplay, the linearity was unbearable and ridiculous. You couldn't make choices ,for example, when you have to knife the guard you can't progress if you don't do it. The repetition was annoying. The whole "breach the door slow motion crap" Shoot a few guys breach a door kill em, shoot a few guys ,breach a door kill em rinse and repeat... over and over again. I also hated the use of invisible walls...Such a primitive way of barring the way of the player. There was only one path that you could go through even if you wanted to take a ridiculous detour for example jumping out of a window to the street instead of having to go down a flight of stairs...Seriously? If it had been a 20 story drop I would understand that they would have barred it off to prevent the player from killing himself but it was a 1 foot drop come on...
And lastly my team is damn useless. I can't even count the number of times I died and they just stood there. Useless team.

-CORSAIR HX 1050 WATTS GOLD PSU

BitFenix Colossus Black
Offered by Titan Direct
Price: $178.35
3 used & new from $159.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed at first ,but everything checks out in the end..., October 1, 2012
CONS:
-Arrived partially broken.
-Waited 100 days for replacement part!
-Poorly designed mounting systems for top/side panels.

PROS:
-Bitfenix did all they could to help me out.
-They gave me a free SPECTRE PRO 230mm led fan to apologize.
-In the end it finally works...(for now at least).
-Bitfenix seems to be releasing higher quality cases.
-Thick full metal side panels do a great job at lowering noise levels
-The side panel's wavy theme looks surprisingly good in person
-Bitfenix's soft touch technology feels and looks great
-Agressive/Sporty look
-Dual color lighting
-Good internal and external cable managment
-Built in Anti-theft system
-Built in fan controller
-Great airflow even with default fans: EVGA GTX 580 3GB FULL LOAD 80% fan speed:Maximum temperature of 65-66 degrees celcius.

P.S This case is great if you're lucky enough to get one that works right out of the box which ,unfortuantly, seems to never be the case with this particular product.
If you want a replacement you might have to wait a HUGE amount of time to get it shipped.
When you finally receive the replacement you'll have to be careful to not damage your case in the process because the top panel is attached to the metal frame by ridiculously flimsy pieces of plastic that can break easily. When you finally manage to get it to work as it should you'll enjoy it.

EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3072 MB GDDR5 PCB PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Limited Lifetime Warranty Graphics Card, 03G-P3-1584-AR
3 used & new from $389.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Such an awesome product... that I can't even find a title to describe it., December 3, 2011
I bought this card to replace my Dual SLI EVGA Gtx 465 Setup. The result is as expected. At a price of $600 ,I wouldn't expect anything less from it. I get the same temperatures as i did with my 465's: 67 degrees celcius under full load but with lesser fan speeds so MUCH less noise. I get much more performance, it succeeds where my 465's failed .I max out everything at 1920x1200 and all of that at stock clocks with ,of course, not the slightest lag or stutter. I'm not even going to bother overclocking this card because i will see no improvement in gameplay. This is a true out of the box monster and the reference design of the PCB makes your card versatile. You can change your cooler, add a backplate, put a waterblock etc... EVGA's lifetime warranty makes it even better and the "POWERED BY EVGA" sticker is the sweetest looking one i've ever seen, a really nice touch, a really great card.

Other thoughts: 3072 MB of Vram is NOT overkill for 1920x1200 some games require that much. So go ahead, buy it.

EVGA GeForce  GTX 465 1024 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Limited Lifetime Warranty Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1465-AR
EVGA GeForce GTX 465 1024 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Limited Lifetime Warranty Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1465-AR
5 used & new from $169.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, October 27, 2011
I' m running this GPU in dual SLI at 1920x1200 and I'm happy with the performance. I was able to overclock it pretty well: core clock: 840 mhz / shader clock: 1680 mhz / memory: 1825 mhz and my temperatures are never over 70 degrees under full load. I'm able to run the latest titles at max settings: metro 2033, battlefield bad company 2, battlefield 3...overall its a great card

Pros:
-great value
-extreme overclocking headroom
-SLI GTX 465 > GTX 580 (and is much cheaper)

cons:
IT'S A SHAME THAT THEY DIDN'T GIVE IT MORE VRAM!...only 1024mb...1GB may not always be enough.

Bioshock 2 - PC
Bioshock 2 - PC
Offered by FunFactory
Price: $3.30
51 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars touching to many people, a story as deep as the Atlantic., August 25, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Bioshock 2 - PC (DVD-ROM)
I have never been so touched by a video game. I've read posts of old men who cried after this, or gottten tatoos of the characters, or learned a positive life changing lesson that led them to better themselves and change. I think that this is up do date, my favorite game and i have played a lot: bioshock 1, metro 2033, fallout 3, farcry 2, crysis, crysis warhead, crysis 2...,stalker shadow of chernobyl, stalker clear sky, stalker call of pripyat etc.... yes out of all these games and great stories. bioshock 2 was one that stood out , mainly thanks to the emotional aspect of the plot. Bioshock 2 is a game that i have yet to forget. awesome music: bioshock pairbond, eleanor's lullaby, awesome story and good graphics. awaiting bioshock infinite (too bad it doesn't take place in Rapture) :(

Page: 1 | 2