Profile for VooDoo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

VooDoo RSS Feed (Indiana)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
My Zone Wireless Headphones
My Zone Wireless Headphones
Offered by J.WALKER LLC
Price: $39.99
21 used & new from $22.00

1.0 out of 5 stars So about that, December 6, 2014
I bought these to use on a TV dedicated to gaming. There is no cable box for this TV, just the consoles, and that is the problem. After following the instructions given through the reviews I've found that these work awesome in the living room when hooked up to the box. No problem setting up and sounds just fine. However, I don't need a wireless headset for that TV. I just wanted one headset to hook up to the game TV and use when it's nearing o'dark hundred and everyone else is sleeping. Sure, I could buy headsets for each console but my bank account is kinda strained so I was hoping one that goes straight to the TV would eliminate that expense.

They don't work in the audio out jacks of my TV, or any other ones back there. Changing the source for audio in the TV doesn't change this. Muting and unmuting does not change this. All I get is a static filled channel where the TV audio should be and then all the radio stations. Nothing else. I'm not hooking up a cable box to the gaming TV, and adding a DVD/VCR player to the mix of cables and consoles is not an option without causing structural damage to the floor under it.

So, yeah. When they work, they work great. After following the instructions exactly. Unfortunately, when they don't work, they really don't work. These are just not the solution that I was hoping they could be. Might make a good gift to my parents who need the TV cranked up to 100 though.

Dayton Audio DAEX25 Pair of Sound Exciters (Black)
Dayton Audio DAEX25 Pair of Sound Exciters (Black)
Offered by Parts Express
Price: $16.90

4.0 out of 5 stars I like them., August 6, 2014
These are pretty good, better than I thought they would be when ordering them. I'm turning a couple of plastic Halloween decorations into speakers and they work great for that. Get above a certain volume and you get distortion, but the threshold is plenty loud for what I want. I am disappointed that the adhesive pads were missing on one of them though. It's an easy fix, but I'm going to have to go out to get a roll of adhesive tape to do it. Not a deal breaker with me though. I'm ordering another pair so I can have some 'chatter' going on in my display this year.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2014 12:46 PM PDT

Fred Cold Blooded Vampire Ice Tray
Fred Cold Blooded Vampire Ice Tray
Offered by FLAPPLESFUN
Price: $5.43
19 used & new from $1.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a Fred Product, March 27, 2014
If you're buying this tray now, chances are good that you will not be getting a genuine Fred product. I bought mine from the Goods-cool seller along with other items and made a mistake. I didn't check the shipping time for each individual item. If I had I would have seen the shipping time is 17-28 days, which is the only clue you are given that this seller is based in China before purchasing. It's only afterwards that you see in your order history where it's coming from.

My tray arrived folded in half in a tiny, padded mailer that was marked as 'gift' and had 'phone case and charger' listed as the products. There is no packaging or anything telling me what is in this product. I can't rely on the item page as this page is for a different looking product. The tray I've received is black and, while it does have the same layout as the picture, I am not at all confident in it. The cavities do look similar to the pictures at least, so maybe the seller has the mold plates from the original. I don't know.

Bottom line though, I am not going to use a product that's obviously a knock off, doesn't come with a material list, and (as far as I can tell) is beyond the reach of being held accountable for damages caused by their products. Especially not when it's a product used to make food!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Variety, March 16, 2014
This is a nice sampler pack to test with. No colors were repeated in my batch so I have a lot of colors to play with when I'm setting up. The glass melts nicely and so far my test beads are looking nice and pretty. It came fairly fast and was shipped in a round cardboard container to keep the rods from breaking.

Dead Giveaway (feat. Charles Ramsey)
Dead Giveaway (feat. Charles Ramsey)
Price: $0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Repeat. Constantly., March 16, 2014
It's a horrible subject, but the tune is catchy and just sinks into my brain. I can't stop hearing it.

Mantis Knife "Seymour" Fixed Blade Tactical/Hunting Knife HYBRID
Mantis Knife "Seymour" Fixed Blade Tactical/Hunting Knife HYBRID
Price: $29.33
11 used & new from $26.20

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the feel of it, March 16, 2014
I do like this knife. I first purchase one going over to Iraq solely because it's the only knife I've found that fits comfortably in my hand. I'm a woman and I have really small hands. There are knives with shorter handles, but none of them felt comfortable to hold like this one does. The blade itself was nice and sharp. It cut through just about anything I tried it on.

The only problems I had with this knife were all with the sheath. The sheath it came with would only fit my belt if I had an hour to waste every day going at the thing with a leatherman and a lot of elbow grease. I ended up placing the knife on the inside of my thigh holster. Which was practical in the long run (didn't have to reach under my blouse or IBA) and kind of mean looking. It worked for most of my deployment, but the fit was a little loose and I ended up loosing the knife somewhere North of Baghdad.

Took me a few years to find out the name of the company again, and I'm glad to see this style is still being produced. Or at least it's similar enough that I can't tell the difference now. My belt is smaller too so maybe I won't lose this one and will get to keep it for a good while.

NAVA 1Pc Penis Willy Ice Cube Chocolate Maker Silicone Mold Tray Fraternity Hen Night
Offered by Dear Lady
Price: $8.00
2 used & new from $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Who is selling this?, March 12, 2014
I ordered this because I need to make latex piece out of it and soft silicone is the best for that. The description and pictures are awesome and exactly what I needed, but the product that came in could not be anymore different. It's a hard plastic tray with fewer molds and fewer details. It's useless for what I need.

Coming back to leave this review I notice the seller is different now. I bought mine through DearLady. It seems like only some of the sellers are actually paying attention to the product seeing as I got so many answers claiming this was silicone. So be very aware of who you are buying this product from and maybe even look around a bit more to see if they're selling what they claim to be selling.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2014 8:58 PM PDT

7' Slender Man Inflatable
7' Slender Man Inflatable
Offered by ICE Group
Price: $75.00
2 used & new from $74.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Slendy, December 27, 2013
Got this for Halloween and was planning on setting it up behind our fence and just moving it around every few days. The item is exactly as it's described. I had no problems with set up that you shouldn't expect with an inflatable. It listed to the right more than it should have but that was easily fixed with the tie down cords. There's a few lights in him that I think I'll be removing next year. They didn't really add all that much to him. Slenderman should be barely visible, and is even creepier when you first notice him and wonder how long he's been there and you just haven't seen him.

My only issue with this item is very minor. The cords included to anchor it in the ground are all white and look odd with the mostly black inflatable. It stands out really bad especially at night when I don't want them to be seen at all. It's an easy fix to dye them though so it's not all that much of a deal breaker.

Lego: Marvel Super Heroes - PlayStation 3
Lego: Marvel Super Heroes - PlayStation 3
Price: Click here to see our price
92 used & new from $9.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Love to play it, hate to play it, November 28, 2013
I preordered the game and am just now getting around to actually sitting down an playing it. It's a fun game with bit of funny fluff that you really don't see in the comics or even the movies. Much more kid friendly to be sure, and I don't mind that one bit. I love playing through as all the different characters and just hearing what they've got to say.

I also hate having to play the game, especially when it glitches. And it does glitch. Very badly at least once per session. Sometimes two or three times and that's when I have to shut off the system and walk away. The game tends to lock up when transitioning between scenes and nothing less than a hard restart will fix it.

Another problem I've had is with losing characters in spots that I can't retrieve them from. The only way to get them out of it is to switch to another character and hope you don't need the stuck one to do anything. Usually once you're far enough away they will magically appear next to you, but I've had to restart a level a few times because it doesn't work. It's a less noticeable problem in free play than it is in story mode.

The game also suffers from lopsided training. You're walked through how a few character's actions will help you progress with the game. Coulson points out some things for you and onscreen tips appear. Problem is, it doesn't actually end. You keep getting the same tips on an endless repeat as if you haven't already learned them, and when you start unlocking other characters they don't get the same treatment. You just have to experiment with them to find out how to use them, and that's fine but it'd be nice if I could play through a level and not be reminded every five seconds that only web slingers can pull certain objects down. Maybe an option to turn the tips off? Just a thought here.

The triangle button is overloaded as well on some characters. The ones who have two forms like Hulk, Venom, and Spiderman (these are the ones it's most obvious to me on) use the triangle button to transform. The problem is that button is also use to bring up the character selection screen in freeplay and is used to switch between partners. I've been stuck in a loop with Venom and Hulk trying to get the selection screen up and failing too often for my pride to let this problem slide. One or more of these actions could have easily been put on another button.

And, finally, skipping scenes! There needs to be more of it. Especially after you've played through in story mode and are revisiting levels to get the minikits or to save Stan. I don't need to go through the story again and again and again! Allow me the option to skip it, please. I know it's possible. The option comes up every once in a while, and I just wish it'd be available more. As it is, I have a book next to me when I play for something else to do while I wait to play.

It's a lot of complaints for a game that I do love to play, but these are problems that prevent me from giving the game a higher rating. I could go on about the bulky controls for vehicles and the absolute lack of explanation on how to buy characters once you've unlocked them. Or the lack of explanation on many things really. Or about the lack of a key in the map that lets you know what all those symbols really mean. I could, but those are all kinda minor compared to the other problems. It's a great, fun game. I just wish it weren't so annoying to play sometimes.

Singer Simple 23-Stitch Sewing Machine 2263
Singer Simple 23-Stitch Sewing Machine 2263
Offered by Bargain Ben
Price: $108.00
12 used & new from $60.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Out of Box, October 30, 2013
Set up and threading is very simple for this machine. Followed all instructions that were written even watched the DVD that comes with it, and watched a few Youtube videos to be sure. I threaded the machine correctly. I threaded the bobbin correctly. The machine continually snags every three stitches. Every time. And after an hour of fighting with the machine it decided it was only going to sew in reverse. I hadn't even touched the reverse switch before that! Trying to press and release it the reverse switch does nothing to help. I had to give up after another hour or two when some thread from the bobbin got caught inside the machine and nothing short of taking it all apart was going to fix that problem.

I wanted an inexpensive machine for casual, occasional projects. This is not that machine. You're throwing your money down a hole, and might as well go up a couple bucks for a different machine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2014 11:11 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4