Profile for Clay Hamilton > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Clay Hamilton RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
OmegaPet Dog Shampoo for itchy Skin - Rated 4.9 out of 5 Stars - Contains Soothing Ingredients Oatmeal + Aloe + Shea Butter

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great shampoo, December 28, 2014
This is great shampoo

I used this for the first time yesterday on my Golden Retriever and 24 hours later his fur is still incredibly soft and still has the scent of the shampoo.

I'll be using it on my other three dogs today... I'd highly recommend this shampoo.

Top Rated Shedding Brush for Dogs and Cats - #1 Pet Grooming Tool - Dog Brush for Shedding - By Shed Ninja
Offered by VJO Global Ventures

5.0 out of 5 stars This brush is incredible, November 15, 2014
I wish I'd known products like this existed sooner. I got this when my new Golden Retriever puppy came home and I couldn't be happier with it. The amount of loose hair this brush removes is just amazing; every three or four strokes with the brush I have to stop and pull out just a huge amount of hair.

If you have a dog that's known for shedding I hlighly recommend this.

Best Thermogenic Weight Loss - Simple Lean 1000 - Fat Burner for Improved Energy, Focus, & Metabolism
Offered by One Light Companies
Price: $27.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Ingredient label needs to be clearer, October 8, 2014
I was interested to give these pills a try so when they arrived at my house on Friday I did as the instructions said... I took one with dinner at about 5pm.

BIG mistake... I didn't think to look at the ingredient label before taking it and the first ingredient in this supplement is caffeine. The label doesn't specify how much of it is caffeine, but judging from what happened next it had to be significant, at least for someone whose caffeine cut-off time is 3pm. I went to bed at my usual time of 8:30 and was awake until almost 2am. That's usually how my body reacts when I've had caffeine at night, so I'm assuming the reaction was from the pills.

I can see this being an effective supplement to take during the day; the ingredients are all herbs (and caffeine) that are touted to boost your metabolism, but do yourself a favor; if you're going to take it the two times a day recommended, do it for breakfast and lunch and give dinner a pass.

Healthy Dog Treats - Made in USA Only - Best Slow-Smoked Beef Dog Food in Pet Supplies - Great Dog Training Treats - Gluten-Free Dog Treats - 1 lb. Bag - Beef Jerky Treats Your Dogs Will Love, GUARANTEED
Offered by Rocco & Roxie Supply Co.
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars My dogs LOVE these., September 23, 2014
I have three dogs with three distinct personalities and appetites... one of them will eat just about anything, the other will eat almost everything but there are some things she doesn't like, and the third is very picky.

When the treats arrived today all three of them were standing next to me waiting for a treat as soon as I opened the bag. Right away I was impressed by the scent of these treats... they don't have the sharp, pungent smell you'd expect but rather smell like beef jerky I'd buy for myself. As I pulled a treat out for each of them they could barely sit still waiting and, when I gave each one one to try, I was plesantly surprised to see each of them eat their treat with gusto.

I think I found a real winner with these treats and I plan on keeping them in the house for special occasions. I think they're a bit too pricey to be an every-day treat but they're definitely something I'd give once per day as a special treat.

Magnetic Cell Phone Mount Holder for Car, Travel & Home - Holds Phones, Phablets, GPS, Galaxy S6/S5/Note 4, iPhone 5s/5c/6+
Offered by TrekkerTech
Price: $22.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea if you don't have a large phone, September 13, 2014
This is a neat idea... I wanted to use this to put my phone near the windshield of my car since I use it for GPS but the magnet was too weak to hold my phone (a Galaxy Note 3) while it was in its case (the "official" case/belt clip combo from Verizon). The only way I could make it work was to take the phone out of its case and put the metal plate that is supposed to go between the case and the phone to attach it to the magnet in the base between the back of the phone and the phone's battery.

It worked fine with my company-issued iPhone in its own Verizon case/belt clip as it's a smaller phone, but if you have a bigger phone this might not work as expected.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2014 8:20 PM PDT

Best Oven Mitts, Gloves - Don't Burn Your Hands When Cooking! Top Quality Silicone Gloves Fit Your Hands Perfectly - Safely Handle Hot Meats on Smoker - Superior Grip - Waterproof - Replace Your Old Potholders & Oven Mitts - Wedding Registry Gift Idea
Offered by Dulce Cocina

5.0 out of 5 stars Best "Oven Mitts", if you can call them that, I've ever had., September 10, 2014
I received these last night and, since I'd missed an opportunity to test them while making home-made pizza, decided to try two separate tests:

First, I turned my oven on to 375 and let it heat. Once at temperature, I opened the oven and, with the gloves on, put both of my hands in. I didn't feel any of the heat of the oven at all and when I touched the oven racks it was only after about 5-10 seconds of continual contact that I felt any heat at all and it was by no means a painful or uncomfortable heat.

I next fired up my grill (a Charbroil Infrared Grill) and let it heat to its cleaning temp of about 600 degrees. I opened the grill and held my gloved hands over it to find the same thing; I didn't feel any heat at all. I touched the grill grates and didn't feel any heat although, to be fair, I didn't leave my hands on the grates for more than a second because of the high temperature.

I'd HIGHLY recommend these. The surface makes them very "grippy" for holding things and they do a great job of protecting you from the heat of your oven or grill.

The Airman Howell Stories: From BigRedKitty.net
The Airman Howell Stories: From BigRedKitty.net
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book; you won't regret it., September 5, 2014
I remember reading some of these stories when Daniel was still avidly blogging and to have them all in one collection is great. It's a quick read but it'll have you laughing the entire way.

Fotasy HEW63 Bayonet Lens Hood for Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens, 100% Replaces Canon EW-63C, with Premier Cleaning Cloth
Price: $9.12

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this hood., June 4, 2014
I guess for the price I paid I can't be too picky, but this hood doesn't stay on my 18-55mm lens very securely... the fits seems rather loose and also doesn't appear to attach to the lens levelly. It seems a bit skewed.

As I said, for what I paid I can't complain but I think I'll go with the Canon model instead.

EDIT: Now that I've had a chance to use this lens hood I'm modifying my review and if I could give this 0 stars I would.

I shot an airshow this past weekend and used the lends hoot on my 18-55mm lens to photograph the static displays, only to find out when I got home that you could actually see the petals in some of the pictures. I know the lens was attached correctly and you only saw the petals when the petals rotated to a certain position but it was enough to make me pull the hood off until I get around to ordering an actual Canon hood for it.

Here's a link to one of the pictures... take my advice and avoid this lens hood.

[...]

Crumpler Industry Disgrace Camera Strap IDE001-B00000 - Black
Crumpler Industry Disgrace Camera Strap IDE001-B00000 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the strap that should come with every camera., February 17, 2014
After using this strap on my 40D the first thing I did when I got my 70D was buy one for it. It's SO much more comfortable; there's a reason it's called "The Industry Disgrace" and that's because straps that come with DSLR bodies are just that.

A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World W ar II
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredible book., February 27, 2013
It's not very often that I read a book that sticks with me after I've read it, but A Higher Call is one of them. From the minute I picked it up I was absolutely enthralled with the story and how a chance meeting between the two principle characters had such a profound impact on both of them for the rest of their lives.

If you're a history buff, a military aviation buff or just someone who likes a good story, you owe it to yourself to read this book.

Page: 1 | 2