Profile for Randy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Randy RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
CellBee® Samsung Galaxy S5 / S4 / S3 Premium Leather Pouch Carrying Case with Belt Clip Belt Loops Holster for Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/S3(Perfect Fits with Otterbox Commuter / Defender Case on Lifeproof Case on) (Premium Black)
Offered by CellBee
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Case for the Money, but Did Not Come with the Premium Stylus Pictured, August 23, 2014
Considering the budget price, this is a good case for the money. Construction quality is sufficient for this price range. My Galaxy S4 in a Samsung protective bumper cover case, fits easily in this case with room to spare. I can slip my fingers into the case, which helps me get a good grip on my phone before removing it.

The belt loops are big enough for fairly wide belts. The case is comfortable to wear while walking around, bending over a lot at work, and when sitting in my car. The flap closes completely and the magnet is strong enough to keep it shut. I would have given this case four stars, but I'm going to deduct an additional star because the cheapo stylus pen that came with it is NOT the premium black stylus advertised. A bit dishonest IMHO.

LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
Offered by Firemall LLC
Price: $64.95
24 used & new from $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Bluetooth Headsets on the Market, August 18, 2014
Very nice bluetooth headset. Quality of construction is good, and plenty of features. Excellent for use at work, in the car etc. They pair up easily and quickly with my Kindle Fire HDX and Galaxy S4, and work fine with both. Sound quality is good for both music and phone calls, and the microphone works well - people tell me they can hear me loud and clear on calls.

The earbuds are comfortable. The included charging adapter recharges the battery in a timely manner. I bought mine directly from Amazon, so I got a pair that I can be confident are a genuine LG product. The price is acceptable, though not great. This is one of the best bluetooth headsets on the market, so you can't go wrong buying them.

Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" Standing Polyurethane Origami Case (will only fit Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"), Mineral Black
Price: $44.99
41 used & new from $22.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Overall, but Drop Protection is Questionable, August 18, 2014
Fit, finish, form and function are all fine on this case. However, it is somewhat overpriced - IMHO $30.00 would be about right.

The origami stand is sufficiently sturdy in both landscape and portrait modes, it doesn't wobble and would have to be bumped fairly hard to knock it over. The case does NOT weigh as much or more than the HDX, contrary to what some reviewers claim. The HDX weighs in at just over 13 ounces, while the case is 10.9 ounces. Perhaps a tad heavy, but you don't want one that's too light and flimsy either. The weight is definitely not a deal breaker for me personally.

The only important area where this case comes up short IMHO is drop protection. If the front cover was open and I dropped it on a hard surface, I' m pretty sure my HDX would be toast. If you're the clumsy type that frequently drops your phone etc., you might want to opt for another case. However, you could do like me and buy the 2-year extended warranty for the HDX, which covers accidental breakage. I also avoid using the device over hard surfaces whenever possible.

Overall, it's a good case, but I am deducting one star for the dubious drop protection.

AmazonBasics Capacitive Stylus for Touchscreen Devices - Black
AmazonBasics Capacitive Stylus for Touchscreen Devices - Black
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Good, Price Could Be Better, August 18, 2014
A little overpriced at $14.99, thankfully I got mine for $11.99 when I ordered my Kindle Fire HDX.

Construction quality is good, and it should be at this price. The size is just right, not too big and not too small. Comfortable in the hand. Tip feels like it will last quite a while. The only thing suspect is the pocket clip, which looks like it might possibly fall off at some time in the future, though I can't say for sure. However, a drop or two of superglue would take care of that problem should it arise.

Stylus pens are a must for serious touchscreen use, so if you feel you just have to own one with Amazon's name on it, pony up the cash and buy this one.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Spare Battery Charger (2600mAh Battery Included)
Samsung Galaxy S4 Spare Battery Charger (2600mAh Battery Included)
Offered by Everything Authentic
Price: $62.12
14 used & new from $23.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A "Must Have" for Most Galaxy S4 Owners, August 18, 2014
I bought this directly from Amazon, and it had the Samsung hologram sticker on the packaging to verify authenticity. The price was perhaps a bit high, but since I got the real McCoy with micro USB travel adapter and free 2-day shipping with Prime, I'm not going to complain.

Construction quality is good and it works fine. The charging case has an indicator light on it to let you know when charging is complete. A transparent plastic storage/travel case is included so you can carry the spare battery in your pocket or wherever you choose.

I fully recommend this product, and make sure you get the genuine Samsung original.

AmazonBasics Bluetooth Keyboard for Android Devices - Black
AmazonBasics Bluetooth Keyboard for Android Devices - Black
Price: $31.99
16 used & new from $20.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Little Keyboard for the Price Range, August 17, 2014
This is a good little keyboard considering the price range. It pairs up quickly with both my Kindle Fire HDX and Galaxy S4, and I haven't had the multiple device pairing problem a few reviewers have previously complained about.

All the keys work fine and are of sufficient size for most people's fingers. Overall construction quality is acceptable for keyboards in this class, and I would recommend it to anybody looking for a good budget portable bluetooth keyboard.

Moshi Mythro Earbuds with Headset Microphone, Gunmetal Gray
Moshi Mythro Earbuds with Headset Microphone, Gunmetal Gray
Price: $30.00
4 used & new from $23.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Two Thumbs Up, August 17, 2014
A very nice set of earbuds. I wouldn't use words like "great" or "awesome" to describe them, but they are one of the best sets in their price range. They're worth the $30.00 price, but I wouldn't pay much more than that.

Sound quality is good for both music and phone calls. Noise cancelling is also good, but not as stellar as some reviewers claim, based on my experience. The microphone works fine on phone calls, people tell me they can hear me loud and clear. Music and YouTube videos can be paused with one push of the button on the mike.

They work fine with both my Kindle Fire HDX and Galaxy S4. According to the instruction manual, one or two very minor features may not work on Android phones, but I have no use for those particular features anyway. So if you have a compatible Android phone, don't hesitate to buy them.

Overall, these earbuds are quite good, and I give them two thumbs up. They should satisfy the vast majority of people who purchase them.

Samsung Protective Bumper Cover Plus Case for Galaxy S4 (Light Blue)
Samsung Protective Bumper Cover Plus Case for Galaxy S4 (Light Blue)
Offered by iDeal Xpert
Price: Click here to see our price
22 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Case in Its Class at this Price, August 16, 2014
Very good case for the money, an unbeatable deal at this price (currently under $6.00). Came in original factory packaging with hologram sticker verifying it as a genuine Samsung product.

Provides good drop protection for this type of case, though I wouldn't rate it as "exceptional". Buttons and holes line up well with controls and features on phone, for proper and easy operation. Will comfortably fit in an appropriate full coverage belt case, thanks to slim and light design that adds negligible bulk and weight.

I definitely recommend it for S4 owners looking for a quality budget slimline case.

Marpac DOHM-DS, Natural White Noise (actual fan inside) Sound Machine, Tan
Marpac DOHM-DS, Natural White Noise (actual fan inside) Sound Machine, Tan
Price: $47.95
31 used & new from $42.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Device Overall, I Recommend It Without Hesitation, February 9, 2013
The device works well, but a few of the advertising and reviewer claims are suspect. If you think it will block any and all unwanted noise, you're going to be disappointed. However, it does a good job overall, and I recommend the device to others without hesitation.

It blocks out most typical neighborhood noise such as cars, dogs barking, children playing etc. Yet it didn't help with my tinnitus, and I don't believe it would block out a partner's snoring, unless they sleep in separate beds with the device placed directly between.

I used it in a motel recently, and it did an excellent job of blocking voices, TV's, closing doors etc. - but it did not block the sound of a loud motorcycle in the street, and I doubt it would block the sound of a car alarm going off in the parking lot. Still I have to admit it was the best night of sleep I've had in a motel in quite some time, so I certainly recommend it for travelers. It's compact, light, and easy to take with you.

Proper positioning of the device and using the right setting is critical for optimal performance. I place the device directly between the bed and window in my bedroom, at about head level. I use the low setting most of the time, but put it on high the night before the garbage truck comes each week.

Some reviewers complain that it's overpriced, but it has a quality feel to it and is made in the USA, so I don't have a problem with the price. As for those who claim it's too loud, they're most likely placing it too close to their heads. Though not perfect, if used correctly the device will definitely improve your quantity and quality of sleep in most situations.

Firearms Guide 3rd Edition
Firearms Guide 3rd Edition
by Kresimir Mijic
Edition: DVD
Price: $31.31
15 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, Two Thumbs Up!, May 29, 2012
This review is from: Firearms Guide 3rd Edition (DVD)
The Firearms Guide 3rd Edition DVD features over 55,000 models of firearms, airguns and ammo. Rifles, shotguns, handguns, military firearms, black powder guns and airguns. More than 36,000 high-resolution color photos, that can be enlarged for a closer view. Not to mention over 3000 firearms schematics from 268 manufacturers, that can be zoomed in on and printed out. Contact information for over 60,000 federal firearms dealers nationwide. The 500 targets that can be printed on a home printer are alone worth several times the price of the DVD, because you won't have to buy expensive targets at the store or online. Technical specifications, prices, ballistics, U.S.-EU ammo caliber conversion chart etc. A wealth of information and well worth the price. Undoubtedly the finest firearms reference guide available on DVD.

Page: 1 | 2