Profile for Kevin C. Kretschmer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin C. Kretschmer RSS Feed (Des Moines)

The Complete Book of Pickling: 250 Recipes from Pickles and Relishes to Chutneys and Salsas
by Jennifer MacKenzie
Price: $18.55
96 used & new from $4.42

5.0 out of 5 stars MacKenzie Covers a Wide-Range of Pickling, February 6, 2010
I initially checked this book out from my local library, but was so immediately pleased with the results of several recipes that I had to get my own copy. The recipes are printed large enough to be read easily and all steps are explained fully. There are some absolutely beautiful pictures, but if I have any gripe at all, it's that I'd rather see each picture next to the corresponding recipe, rather than having the pictures grouped in clusters in various sections throughout the book.

I pickled a number of vegetables this past fall using this book for guidance. Among them were onions, radishes and beets. I also tried a couple of the chutney recipes and was pleased with the outcomes. So far, there hasn't been a single recipe that I wouldn't consider using again. Aside from another chutney recipe that I plan to try soon, I can't wait until summer/fall harvests to try some others. I certainly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys all types of pickling.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars A Piece of Junk, July 31, 2001
My wife and I bought this for our son, who is very interested in space. We have never been able to make it work and the CD that came with it was broken when we opened the box. Don't waste your money on this product, it will only break your child's heart.