Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for Rita A Wilds > Reviews

Browse

Rita A Wilds' Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rita A Wilds RSS Feed (Palo Alto, CA United States)

One Mississippi
One Mississippi
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply soulful, Tig is infinitely connectable even when she isn't likeable, November 17, 2015
This review is from: One Mississippi (Amazon Video)
Incredibly beautiful. A deeply soulful story with a touch of humor. Dark, real, moving. Tig is infinitely connectable, even when she isn't likable. Network TV would find this concept too complicated and confusing. Be brave, Amazon, and you will be rewarded. It's everything you never see on TV which is exactly why this series needs to be picked up! Please, pretty please, I want to see more.

The Immortality Edge: Realize the Secrets of Your Telomeres for a Longer, Healthier Life
by Michael Fossel
67 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Youth is not just for the Young!, December 2, 2010
Telomeres are everywhere in the news lately. Just yesterday the Wall St. Journal featured an article about mice that were growing younger. Last year the Nobel prize was awarded to scientists researching telomeres and telomerase and how they cause us to grow old. But does anyone without a PhD have any idea what a telomere is? I suspect it has something to do with staying forever young- and sure, I want that - but how does the telomere thing apply to ME? How do I make it happen? Read this book and it tells you how! Step by step.

The authors are experts in the field, and give an in-depth and easy to understand description of what the telomere is, what it does, and why it is so important. They believe that immortality is right around the corner and soon people will be able to live long past age 120. They aren't kooks, though. They maintain that it's our responsibility to take optimal care of ourselves through diet, fitness, meditation and stress reduction, so we can take full advantage of what science will eventually have to offer.

The book gets into detail about what you can do right now in the way of supplements that are already available and are being developed to lengthen telomeres. (These aren't called drugs because the FDA doesn't recognize aging as a disease). But they're expensive and most people aren't going to run out and buy them anyway. So that's not the point of the book. The real value in The Immortality Edge is the longevity plan it maps out. The authors have developed a very specific diet, supplement and workout plan. I'm an avid reader of fitness and anti-aging material, and this is one of the best and most applicable lifestyle plans that I've seen in a long time. It's very realistic and perfect for those of us over-40,50,60, 70 even. So many workout books seem focused on youth for the young, but this one's focused on youth for everyone.

Slowly, I'm adopting their advice into my daily routine -Fish oil, COQ10, sprint workouts, meditation etc. My favorite part was the 70 question survey called "What's Your Telomere Age?" It's a very comprehensive examination of your lifestyle and how it's been affecting your aging process. You might be surprised. Whether or not I make it to 120, who knows, but at least we can maximize our health and quality of life while we're here. And this book is a great way to get started.