Profile for B. Nasar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Nasar "Girl from NYC" RSS Feed (NYC, USA)

Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion, Broad Spectrum SPF 30, 4 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Offered by Mr. Medical
Price: $20.25
9 used & new from $15.41

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible smell, white cast, not at all moisturizing!, February 15, 2012
I have dry skin and as I wanted a good daily moisturizer that had sun protection in it as well. So I went out and bought this- what a mistake! First off, this smells TERRIBLE. I am not saying face lotions should smell like strawberries or roses, but this stuff really stinks. Secondly, like many reviewers have mentioned, it leaves a terrible white cast on your face. I have to spend quite a while really rubbing this into my skin to make sure it is properly absorbed or else I will look like a mime! Thirdly, this is NOT moisturizing in the least! After about 20 minutes my skin feels just as dry as it did before I used this. Awful stuff.

Inside the Apple: A Streetwise History of New York City
Inside the Apple: A Streetwise History of New York City
by Michelle Nevius
Price: $13.30
75 used & new from $5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Native New Yorkers!, August 6, 2009
I'm a native New Yorker, born and bred in Queens, and I could not put this book down the moment I picked it up! The authors write in such an interesting and engaging manner, you almost forget you are reading history. Now I happen to be a history buff but my husband, who's a doctor and about as interested in history as I am in medicine also found this book fascinating. The tours in the end are great, especially because you can appreciate the buildings and structures so much more since you've read about them. I actually borrowed this book from the library, read it, and then bought it from Amazon because I enjoyed it so much. five stars!

A Fine Balance
A Fine Balance
by Rohinton Mistry
Price: $12.02
793 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Murphy's Law, October 4, 2008
This review is from: A Fine Balance (Paperback)
This book is the epitome of Murphy's Law- what can go wrong, will go wrong. It is so needlessly depressing. I am not one to only read books that are filled with sunshine and rainbows, but like many other reviewers have said, the problems faced by the characters in this book are SO numerous that as I read it, I became jaded. This book exhausted and numbed me and towards the end, the misfortunes of the characters had no affect on me.
I do feel like the author stereotyped India and Indian citizens to some degree. I feel like non Indians or non South Asians who read this book will walk away with an image of India that is not particularly accurate.
While his writing style is quite good, it gets a bit claustrophobic. Overall, the depression just makes it unbelievable. I did not enjoy this book at all.

The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands
The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands
by Laura Schlessinger
Price: $11.43
271 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Deal with it, it works, October 4, 2008
I know this book is going to infuriate all the feminists out there who demand women are equal to men and feel absolutely horrified at the idea of putting out to make their husband happy. But ladies, deal with her advice- it works. She makes some compelling arguments and is not afraid to state the numerous practical ideas that can help save or revitalize a marriage. It's time for women to stop being to PC about everything, and realize that if they do not want to end up divorced, they should pay attention to what Dr. Laura says. As for her degree- I've known numerous therapists and psychologists who were so far off I am quite certain they purchased their degree. So what if she is a physiologist by training? At the end of the day, she makes compelling arguments and her ideas WORK. If women are interested in saving their marriage, they'll get over their pride and all the I'm-a-woman-hear-me-roar business and follow her advice.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, May 17, 2008
D&G's The One is one amazing perfume. It's strong but not overpowering and is distinctly feminine. The best part about it, is that it just came out and very few people know about it and use it. It's not overly floral or overly musky, it's very unique and has an intoxicating smell. I would definitely recommend this.