Profile for Alyssa > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Alyssa RSS Feed (California)

Dance Secrets Presents Salsa Bootcamp - Insider Secrets to Salsa Dance
Dance Secrets Presents Salsa Bootcamp - Insider Secrets to Salsa Dance
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Get so much bang for your buck!, August 22, 2013
I've taken a few salsa classes here and there and though I have experience in movement, I still felt like I was stepping into a whole new world that was a lot more unfamiliar to me than other types of dance. This book covered so many things for me that they just don't have time to cover in group classes and it's definitely A LOT more affordable than a private class. Like thumbs. THUMBS! Don't use them! Who knew? The tiniest details make all the difference. This book also makes the daunting and time consuming art of Salsa less terrifying and more achievable. Glad I picked this little thing up. Gonna pick up the print version, too.

Hush, Hush (The Hush, Hush Saga)
Hush, Hush (The Hush, Hush Saga)
by Becca Fitzpatrick
Price: $13.78
282 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars I really want to love this book., October 15, 2009
***Vague spoilers***

I really, really wanted to love this book and pretty much only continued to read through to the end because I hoped things would get better. The fallen angel concept seemed new and exciting but wasn't done justice. You don't get any of the fallen angel stuff until close to the end. Some of the events were too planned or too convenient. Certain traumatizing events weren't as big a deal after the fact when they very much would be. Some things seemed pointless. Did Nora have to be anemic? Maybe that will play a larger role in the next book? Otherwise, it did nothing for the story. The bulk of the characters weren't developed and I was really disappointed with Vee's character because she ended up annoying me more than anything. I've read a lot of out-of-this-world stuff, bought into them, and enjoyed them but I just couldn't see the logic in the decisions the characters were making at all. The wig and sharkskin heels? Patch wanted to leave Nora alone to make sure things were safe when clearly the people who wanted to harm her needed her alone. And why is it so much easier for Nora to find the trouble while it takes Patch forever and we don't even know what he's doing or where he is (even though he's in the same exact location) while horrible things are happening to Nora. The plot twists, though unpredictable, only made me continually question why instead of taking me by surprise. And throughout the book there were many questions left unanswered so you find yourself turning the pages with impatience more than interest.

I especially looked forward to the love story but I just couldn't buy into the idea that they both really loved each other. In fact, throughout the entire book I never got the sense that Patch had any deeper feelings for Nora other than wanting to get in her pants. It seems like that's all he wanted from any female mentioned that was linked to him except for the few times he showed some concern for Nora's safety and well being. The supposed electric moments that occurred between Patch and Nora never happened for me because the moments happened so many times and in weird places. It was overkill and it made it hard for me to fall in love with the bad boy. And I still don't really know much about Patch (and any other character for that matter) and what makes him who he is after almost 400 pages with him.

I'm the type to start and finish a series, good and bad, so they're still going to get money out of me. I'm hoping the second book is much better because I still want to love this series and believe that It has the POTENTIAL to be amazing.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2012 7:31 PM PDT