Profile for ICA > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ICA "ICA" RSS Feed (Georgia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, July 30, 2013
My husband bought this for me and I love it. I wet it and then wring it out really well at my kitchen sink. Then I put it in on top of chilled bottles of water in my bike bag. At the halfway point of my bike ride I stopped and took out the cloth to wipe my face. It was really cold and refreshing, much more so than the regular cotton hand towel I used to use. Same thing when I reached the end of my ride. Now I no longer have to go into the restroom and splash cold water on my face. Which is good because it usually got all over my other clothes too. This is a great addition to my bike bag. I can't imagine biking in the south in the summer without one ever again.

Would it work as well without being in a bag with the bottles of cold water? I don't know, probably not. But for me and my uses it's perfect.

Twelve Days (The McRae Series, Book 1 - Sam and Rachel)
Twelve Days (The McRae Series, Book 1 - Sam and Rachel)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Christmas Story, December 22, 2012
This is by far the best Christmas romance I've ever read. As mentioned by other reviewers the story is full of angst and I cried here and there from the intense emotions and circumstances in the story. It did have a happy ending for Sam and Rachel. They were finally able to deal with their grief, and find their way back to each other.

I also loved the way the author weaved together Christmas and the history of the town. The McRae family Christmas traditions went a long way in helping this couple remember the love they always had for each other.

In Bed with a Highlander (The McCabe Trilogy Book 1)
In Bed with a Highlander (The McCabe Trilogy Book 1)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great book from Maya Banks, May 31, 2012
I'm writing this review for other Maya Banks fans that don't usually read historical romances. I have read most of the books written by Banks and really enjoyed them. I was a little hesitant to start this series, because historical romances are my least favorite type of romance. I decided to give it a try and I was not disappointed. It was easy to like both the hero and heroine. The heroine was brave and stood up for herself and others. I also liked that the hero realized his love for the heroine well before the very end of the book. This book was not as spicy as some of the other books by this author, but it was still an interesting read and a great romance.

Under Her Skin (Lone Star Sisters)
Under Her Skin (Lone Star Sisters)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from Mallery!, May 24, 2012
I have read a lot of Susan Mallery books and this is my second favorite. It is a great start to the series. I enjoyed reading about the Titan sisters and their interactions with each other. I learned just enough about the other two sisters to look forward to reading about them in the next two books.

Both Lexi and Cruz have personal issues to work through that make their characters interesting. In the middle of the book Cruz's actions made me question him as hero material, but he redeemed himself by the end of the book making this a satisfying and emotional read.

The Wallflower (Guaranteed Page-Turner)
The Wallflower (Guaranteed Page-Turner)
Price: $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, March 27, 2012
I read this book becasue it was mentioned in a discusson and I thought the plot sounded interesting. I am glad that Harlequin has released a lot of their older titles in Kindle format which makes it easier for me to read them when they are mentioned on the discussion boards.

There was a lot for me to like about this book. First I liked the idea of the h hiding out in plan sight at a high school. I liked how the h was able to look at highschool and highschool life with 20/20 vision since she'd already been there and done that. I loved how she used her knowledge to help improve the lives of some of the less popular students.

The H and h were both likable and memorable characters. The kind of characters you can admire and that stay with you after you've read the book. I also loved the ending of this book. You get the happy ever after ending you expect in a romance and the author tied up all the loose ends of the storyline. This is definitely going on my keeper shelf.

Separate Beds
Separate Beds
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, March 15, 2012
This review is from: Separate Beds (Kindle Edition)
I saw SEPARATE BEDS mentioned in one of the romance threads and thought I would give it a try. Overall it was just an okay read for me. It wasn't horrible, but it's not a keeper for my bookshelf either. I gave it three stars because it was well written and I liked the plot. It was the characters and the last part of the book that kept this from being a four or five star read for me. They both had issues they were struggling with and that's okay. I like a little conflict and emotional turmoil in my reading as long as there's a resolution and happy ending.

I hated the fact that Clay took up with his ex-girlfriend even living with her while he and Catherine were separated. Even though Clay and Catherine got back together in the end I just didn't feel it. It seemed like they had been living separate lives and hadn't worked to resolve their issues. They just drifted back together and it seems like to me they could just as easily drift apart again.

Police Business (The Precinct Series Book 2)
Police Business (The Precinct Series Book 2)
Price: $4.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Police Business by Julie Miller, February 2, 2012
I'm about halfway through the series and so far this one is my favorite. I bought this book because it was recommended on the romance discussion board. I really loved both main characters. I really felt Claire's struggle to make her father and those around her take her seriously, so she could lead her own life. I wanted to shake her father and those around her for not believing she witnessed a murder thus endangering her life. I loved that A.J. believed her and was there to watch out for her. He also has struggles of his own such as the thirteen year age difference between him and Claire and their very different backgrounds.

The book was well written. I loved and was cheering for both the main characters and the plot was interesting from start to finish. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone interested in May/Demember relationships and romantic suspense novels.

The Case of the Mesmerizing Boss (Most Wanted series Book 1)
The Case of the Mesmerizing Boss (Most Wanted series Book 1)
Price: $3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Excited to see this book on Kindle, October 5, 2011
I have been reading Diana Palmer since the mid 80's. I took a break from reading romances during most of the 90's because I was just too busy with work. This is one of the books I missed when it was in print and I was really excited to see it released for Kindle a few days ago. It is vintage Diana Palmer, so if you are familar with and enjoy her older books then you should enjoy this one as well. Palmer is a comfort read for me and this book did not dissapoint.

It is a typical Palmer plot with a hero who is 13 years older than than the heroine. She is a virgin who has been in love with the hero for years. They both have issues that lead to misunderstandings and complications, but in the end you get your happily-ever-after.

Taking Chase (The Chase Brothers, Book 2)
Taking Chase (The Chase Brothers, Book 2)
Price: $4.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite book of the series, September 25, 2011
I wasn't too sure if I'd like Shane after reading book one. Shane ended up being my favorite brother and this was my favorite book of the series. I love the detail in Lauren Dane's writing. I also like that her characters seem real in a way that the reader can relate to them. I enjoyed the interaction between the main characters and the secondary characters. The brother's mom Polly is laugh out loud funny! This series and book are definitely worth the read!

Another Chance
Another Chance

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting plot, but needs an editor., September 25, 2011
This review is from: Another Chance (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book even though I had reservations about paying six dollars for an author I wasn't familar with and a book with no reviews. I wish I'd saved my money. The plot was interesting, but this book had several errors, so many I lost count. The errors slowed my reading pace and greatly interfered with the flow of the book. Also it could have been tightened up. The book covered large chuncks of time with just a paragraph or two here and there covering days or weeks. Overall I would say save your money and don't buy. I was greatly disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3