Profile for J.Hakola > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J.Hakola RSS Feed

Areaware Bottle Opener in Walnut
Areaware Bottle Opener in Walnut
Price: $13.99
6 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 28, 2015
Beautiful, original and functional.

Merrell Men's All Out Evade Walking Shoe,Kangaroo,9 M US
Merrell Men's All Out Evade Walking Shoe,Kangaroo,9 M US

2.0 out of 5 stars This is surprising and disappointing as I have owned 3 different Merrell models and loved them all, February 28, 2015
These shoes fit way too large and arch support is non-existant. This is surprising and disappointing as I have owned 3 different Merrell models and loved them all. I will return this pair.

Creative D100 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Limited Edition White)
Creative D100 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Limited Edition White)
Offered by Electronica Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Honest speaker, but beware - volume controls don't work on Aux input, August 19, 2014
If I were to focus this review on value (sound quality per $$$) I would give this product 4 starts. At $39.99, this is a good deal, the sound is correct but not mind blowing either.

The key thing to understand about this product is that it doesn't have a rechargeable battery. It works of AC or 4 AA batteries.

But the one thing that killed it for me is the fact that when you use the Aux input, the volume controls do not work. For me this was a showstopper because I was intending to use the speaker with a gaming console. With no volume control on the console or on the speaker I was stuck with sound that was way too loud. I returned it to Amazon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2014 4:10 PM PDT

Mellow Cosmos [Explicit]
Mellow Cosmos [Explicit]
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Industrial Rock Album, January 21, 2014
Hard to believe this was recorded more than 10 years ago! This album is really, really, good. Several songs like "Mellow Cosmos" or "Right Side of Heaven" stand out but the entire record is of very high quality. Absolutely 5 stars!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars No surprises good or bad, October 8, 2013
This product is exactly as described and advertised. No surprises good or bad. Overall I am quite satisfied. I have no reason to complain.

Doctor Who Season 7, Pt. 2
Doctor Who Season 7, Pt. 2
DVD
Price: $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The souffle collapsed, June 3, 2013
No episode really stands out. Even the season finale was a bit of a disappointment.
They tantalize us season long with Clara, the mysterious, impossible, souffle girl, but the end is a let down.
Doesn't come close to season 6.
And the Matt Smith seasons don't come close to the Ecclestone and Tenant series anyway...

Skagen Men's H04LSLB Hiro Quartz 3 Hand Date Stainless Steel Black Watch
Skagen Men's H04LSLB Hiro Quartz 3 Hand Date Stainless Steel Black Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, very elegant watch, April 17, 2013
I do not like big, bulky watches. I much prefer slim and stylish watches. Skagen models fall in this category, and this watch in particular, is very elegant

High-Level Synthesis Blue Book
High-Level Synthesis Blue Book
by Michael Fingeroff
Price: $128.99
34 used & new from $46.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and thorough, December 14, 2010
We are investigating the use of high-level synthesis in our company and so we got a copy of this book. Honestly, I was quite surprised by quality and thoroughness of the bluebook. If you are looking for code examples and detailled how-to's to learn high-level synthesis, I would recommend reading this. My only (small) reservation is the standard 6x9 format is too small for this book - a bigger workbook like format would have been much more convenient.