Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Z. Mehrbach > Reviews

Browse

Z. Mehrbach's Profile

Customer Reviews: 192
Helpful Votes: 1987

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Z. Mehrbach "Zach" RSS Feed (Chicago/New Hampshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350 Projector
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350 Projector
Offered by AV Toy Store
Price: $1,499.00
16 used & new from $550.00

1.0 out of 5 stars and then like others have explained, November 3, 2015
Worked decently well for a couple years, and then like others have explained, the Iris just gave out completely right after the warranty expired. Not a well designed projector and I feel screwed by Epson. I called them and explained the issue and that it'd be nice if they offered some other kind of discount or program for buyers of a projector that was clearly a faulty design by the manufacturer. I was told there's nothing they could do and "byebye." I had a similar issue with a Samsung TV that was not designed correctly and they have taken care of every issue outside the Warranty because of this. On such an expensive product Epson should offer a more inexpensive repair or replacement plan. Ridiculous. Skip this piece of trash.

North Borders
North Borders
Price: $11.99
58 used & new from $4.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new, but still brilliant., April 2, 2013
This review is from: North Borders (Audio CD)
I've always loved Bonobo, and more specifically Simon Green for his incredible musical sense in creating some of the best down-tempo trip hop I've ever heard. Not only will this music exercise your speakers, but it will captivate your mind. I'm astonished at how every time I listen to Bonobo I feel like I'm discovering something new, and for the most part that is the case here.

As I listen to "North Borders" I don't feel as if the tone or style of the album is anything new when referenced to past work, but it maintains the same brilliance that made me such a fan in the first place. So to some extent, this can be attributed to the past success of Bonobo...which you really can't fault.

The album as a whole is somewhat more laid back than past work, with slightly more atmospheric passages, and the music seems to transcend mood for me, as I can easily listen to it when I'm trying to get work done or just want to jam out. The lyrics as usual for Bonobo are sparse, reflective and well placed.

This album is worth a complete purchase, but if looking fora few "best of" tracks go for:

"Towers," Awesome lyrical song, nice downtempo rhythm with syncopated synths throughout, builds for an excellent 3+ minutes.

"Ten Tigers," Typewriter sounds, deep bass, forward keys and harp throughout. Chill and remorseful. One of my favorite instrumentals here.

"Jets," Uses the female vocal as part of the song and rhythm. A great get down track with soul.

"Heaven for the Sinner," Nice female vocal, builds throughout by adding pieces to the track. Layered nicely with nice frenetic yet chill spacing.

"Pieces," Cinematic, layered and harmonizing vocal rhythm along with frontal vocals, strings and great forward moving beat. Really really cool track.

As usual an amazing album, very cohesive when listened to as a whole, Down-Tempo Trip Hop doesn't get any better than Bonobo. 4.5 stars.

The 20/20 Experience
The 20/20 Experience
Offered by QualityCD&DVD
Price: $7.99
179 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Timberlake re-defines the "album", March 19, 2013
This review is from: The 20/20 Experience (Audio CD)
Dang seven years? What happened to my life...!

Timberlake's new album is different for a pop album in that a majority of the songs contain quite varied passages and are over five minutes long. The album is 70 minutes long and it contains ten tracks, and each song is its own rollercoaster, weaving different rhythms into a cohesive "experience." It almost feels like a double album because of the expansiveness of the content. Of-course this type of length isn't new in other genres, like classical, or post-rock and edm type music, but in a vocal based pop album I haven't seen it. Timberlake takes us on a ride, and it's awesome.

I honestly can't think of anyone who I'd actually want to hear make a seven minute pop song, and when I first saw the track lengths I was a little befuddled. Ofcourse all my apprehension disappeared upon listening to the album through. As a fan of groups like "Rachel's," "Phantogram," and "Zeds Dead" type stuff I really appreciate the musicality that Timberlake brings here. There's no one genre I feel like I can pin him in. He goes everywhere using elements from classic soul (pusher love girl, that girl) to indie experimental (Blue Ocean Floor) to hitting on the classic Timberlake sound we're used to (Mirrors). The thing is, each one of these different Timberlakes that we see is nothing short of brilliant. I hate to admit it, but the dude is a current music genius. Sure he's probably had good guidance, but here's a guy who's pretty much got it all, and yeah as a 29 year old dude maybe I'm a bit jealous.

The only real criticism that I've seen is that Timberlake may not expand enough on the type of vibe he showed us before on "Futuresex/Lovesounds" but to be honest that was a pretty good sound and he does build upon it here. The vibe is more complete and you can tell he put in the utmost effort into making this album all is could be. Timberlake is one of the few artists that is unmistakable when you hear him. You just know a Justin Timberlake song when you hear one, and to me that's the sign of a great artist.

My favorite tracks:

"Blue Ocean Floor," Beautiful closing track. Shows the beauty of his voice well and this song is truly a sonic journey. Deep bass, swaying synths and his voice is clear and true here. Unexpected but an incredible track.

"Mirrors," Love the musicality of this track and yes I'm a sucker for this "vintage Timberlake" type vibe. Great theme about examining oneself and how you live your life. This is a pop-song on steroids and it's a great journey.

"Pusher Love Girl," I love the classic R and B feel here and the horns add a great "aroma" to the track. Can't believe some of the high notes he hits seemingly with ease. Saw him perform this live on late night and anyone who questions his voice can put their apprehension to rest. It's for real.

Hard to believe it's been seven years, and it's even harder to believe that it seems like he hasn't missed a step since then. If anything could possibly be as good as or better than "Futuresex/Lovesounds," this is it.

----------

Addendum: Those looking for strictly the "old Timberlake" may be slightly disappointed. There isn't much that is completely by the book here musically and that's why this album is such a brilliant journey. But inevitably an artist must grow. Personally I don't think this is a huge departure from the sound he's provided us before, it's just more layered. If your on the fence about the album I think you'll find out pretty fast if it'll be worth it for you by sampling a couple of the tracks above, or on one of the many programs that allow you to play songs.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2013 5:56 PM PDT

CableWholesale RG6 Cable-Clip, White, 100 Pieces per Bag (200-961)
CableWholesale RG6 Cable-Clip, White, 100 Pieces per Bag (200-961)
Offered by A-Estar
Price: $1.68
58 used & new from $1.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, March 15, 2013
These do the job, but are made of semi-weak plastic. If pull on a little but or stretched they seem to fall apart. If you have thinner wires and can put them in an area where they would be tugged on at all they will last. They also fit in nicely on white wallas and it helps if you paint over them as well to blend in.

Super-Absorbent Polymer PUPPY PADS - Dog Wee Wee Housebreaking Disposable Housetraining Pads, by Downtown Pet Supply - 25 Count

4.0 out of 5 stars A good standard pad, March 15, 2013
I've used tons of different types of doggy pee pads and to be honest they are mostly the same and unless you have a huge dog this standard size will work fine. The issue is that I thought that since I bought these from amazon they would be the best cheapest most effective option. But low and behold CVS and Walgreens sell the same stuff for about 10 per 50 and sometimes 8 bucks per 50. So do yourself a favor and go buy these at your local store and then you don't have to deal with the huge box.

These are pretty standard though, and are a nice pee pad!

RCA AH12R Speaker Wire Clips

IRIS Neat n' Dry Pet Training Pads
Price: $19.99
15 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good a value as you would think, March 15, 2013

These are pretty standard though, and are a nice pee pad!

Three Little Words: A Memoir
Three Little Words: A Memoir
by Ashley Rhodes-Courter
Price: $8.57
145 used & new from $2.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Content, heartwarming story, March 14, 2013
This is a great read and takes you through the childhood of the author Ashley Rhodes-Courter. She is so adept at describing the emotions she felt and relates them well to her different ages as they are described. The stories she tells are involving and engaging.

The book is not a clinic in writing nor is it meant to be, just don't go in expecting a lesson in novel writing.

Interestingly enough it seems Ashley is entering into politics now in her home state. I'd vote for her!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2015 6:29 AM PDT

Soft Heat Luxury Micro-Fleece Low-Voltage Electric Heated King Size Blanket, Natural
Offered by PlumStruck
Price: $127.61
5 used & new from $109.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful low heat, DOES break in after a while, March 14, 2013
I agree with most of the other positive reviews but I do think something should be noted, this has "broken in" for me over a period of time, meaning that the extent of the heat is greater after a couple washes and extended use not for about three months. To me it seems that what was "high" before is now around a 4 or 5 and that "high" seems a lot hotter. This was observed with our house heat on 66 through the period of a few weeks and consistent Chicago winter temperatures from 10 degrees to 40 degrees Fahrenheit.

I do like that this goes under the sheets and the heat is from below. It also has a great feel to it as it's basically like putting a soft towel on top of your mattress. You can't feel the heating elements at all either.'

9 Eureka Style RR Allergen Filtration Vacuum Bags - Compare With Eureka Part # 61115, 61115A, 61115B; Designed & Engineered by Crucial Vacuum
Offered by Crucial Vacuum Inc
Price: $7.99
4 used & new from $7.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, great bags., March 14, 2013
We vacuum a lot in my house. It's a Saturday tradition and we're also sloppy people. Making it a priority to have plenty of bags around. We use these in our eureka vacuum cleaner and it works without problem. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20