Profile for Sensus > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sensus RSS Feed (Seongnam, Korea)

250,000+ recipes and Grocery List - BigOven
250,000+ recipes and Grocery List - BigOven

4.0 out of 5 stars Gained 20 pounds!, September 3, 2012
Actually, this app deserves 4 1/2 stars. I love the options for saving recipes. But the search functions are sometimes a little limited.

Kids Place - Parental Control
Kids Place - Parental Control
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Solution, August 23, 2012
This is a great app to use to keep your toddler from wreaking havoc to your Kindle settings without requiring you to make your Kindle inconvenient for yourself.

Quell
Quell
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Substitute for Romance, March 25, 2012
This review is from: Quell (App)
I introduced this game to my girlfriend, and she became so addicted that now we hardly spend any time together. But that's okay because when I play Quell, I hardly even notice that she's gone!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultra-portable and straight-forward alternative, March 8, 2010
I had been considering buying a Barnes and Noble Nook until I chanced upon a Cybook Opus being offered for $150. Within half an hour, and after reading a few magazine reviews of this ebook reader, I decided it was worth a shot. I don't have any regrets buying the Opus.
First of all, this ebook reader is extremely portable. It is small enough to fit in my shirt pocket! You might be concerned that this would mean that it would be hard to read books on such a small device, but readability is usually not a problem since the font size of most of the document formats handled by this device (EPUB, TXT, HTML, etc.) can be adjusted. However, font size cannot be adjusted on PDF files, which brings me to my next topic.
The ability of the Opus to handle PDF files, particularly DRM-PDF files such as those available for purchase from [...] or those available for online checkout from the library, was one of the main things that drew me to the Opus--you can't check out books with a Kindle. Still, one should know that using the Opus to read PDF files can be awkward. As stated before, you can't re-size fonts; you can only zoom in or out. With text-only books, I have not found these limitations to be a problem. However, if you are trying to view a PDF ebook that has very wide blocks of text or lots of pictures, such as a textbook, you may have some difficulties. Most of the difficulties in readability can be surmounted by reading in landscape mode (i.e., holding the Opus sideways), but if you are one of the rare people who plan on using an ebook reader to view PDF textbooks, you might consider an ebook reader with a larger screen.
Despite any of its shortcomings, the main reason I love this ebook reader is that it handles DRM (Digital Rights Management) EPUB and PDF files that you can check out from your local library. If your local library subscribes to Overdrive digital books, you can download these to your Opus for FREE, all without ever having to step foot in the library itself. At home, especially at night and in the dark, you can read these digital books on your computer. Then you can take them out of the house with your Opus during the day.
The Cybook Opus might not be perfect for every situation, but if you are looking for an ultra-compact ebook reader that allows you to carry a variety of DRM and public-domain media along with you in your shirt pocket, I think this product would be good for you.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Catalyst for Imagination and Discussion, January 11, 2009
As an aspiring language arts teacher, I am constantly trying to find good reading materials for students. Therefore, I spend a lot of my free time reading adolescent-level books that, I hope, can introduce students to serious issues and generate thought-provoking discussions. Unfortunately, many authors feel compelled to paternalistically spell everything out for their adolescent readers, leaving students with a narrowed space in which to interpret what they have just read. The Albino Girl's author, on the other hand, give readers a starting point for their imaginations and trusts that readers will have the intellect to discuss the story and draw conclusions for themselves.