Profile for hijazist > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

hijazist RSS Feed

Nikon D600 24.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) (OLD MODEL)
Nikon D600 24.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) (OLD MODEL)
Offered by Global Distributors 01
Price: $1,399.25
56 used & new from $930.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It's getting old...But it has to be said, November 22, 2012
I probably won't add informative value to the discussion that's been going so it's just my 2 cents. I am so happy with the image quality, build quality, features and basically everything about this little dusty gem. The positives are countless and other reviewers provided excellent insight on the capabilities of this camera and that's why I didn't give it a 1-star review, because IT'S indeed a great camera. Scores speak for themselves. I used a D300, D700, D7000 before and the D600 really outperforms all of them in every aspect, except that the AF in the D700 is superior especially in low light. I used to shoot a lot of HDR but now I hardly do HDR due to the incredible dynamic range of the D600. ISO performance (not highest ISO setting) is one the best among all FX cameras if not the best based on scores and what I have seen. In a nutshell, for the price (or even for a much higher price) the D600 sets new standards for full frame cameras at this price level.

Now of course you saw that coming, the dust/oil issue. Folks who are apologetic/fanboys/offensive, seriously quit it. The issue is real whether you like it or not, and no it's not a fact of life with all DSLRs and those experiencing it SHOULD be upset, and they are many and I dare say more than those who are happy. If everyone is apologetic like you then the D800 AF issues and the D7000 issues would have never been addressed, if they were addressed to begin with. Not just users are complaining, even lensrentals, DPreview and many other credible photography communities have confirmed it. You only have to watch the now famous/infamous timelapse video to realize that the issue is internal, it's a design flaw with regards to the shutter mechanism. Wet cleaning your sensor every 500 shots is not normal. Wet cleaning a new camera is not normal. Bragging that you only shoot wide open and never noticed the issue is off-topic since it doesn't mean everyone shoots wide open. I mainly shoot landscape and typically use slow apertures for maximum depth of field (f/8-f/16) and a single spot would ruin the image for me. It's true that it's easily fixed in PS but that's only if it's one or a few spots, not hundreds, and certainly not in every image!

IMO, the main idea behind writing a review is to help potential customers decide whether to buy the product or not based on a general consensus provided by previous owners. Most of us who see a 2-star product with 100 reviews will shy away form that product without even bothering to read the reviews. That's why I think it's not fair to give the D600 a 1-star rating because of the dust/oil issue since it's a great camera in all regards. My 3-star rating is just a warning for potential buyers that if you are going to buy the camera expect dust, lots of dust even after sensor cleaning. Now I heard the issue goes away after 10000 clicks or so and I will update my review accordingly.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2013 11:16 PM PDT

JLab JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds (Black)
JLab JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds (Black)
Price: $6.49
8 used & new from $6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, September 16, 2010
I bought these buds to use in the gym on a daily basis and they work just fine, I couldn't ask for more for this price.