Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for AK > Reviews

Browse

AK's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AK RSS Feed

Seasons in the Sun
Seasons in the Sun
Price: $12.99
31 used & new from $6.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Kept Secret, March 19, 2011
This review is from: Seasons in the Sun (Audio CD)
One of the best kept secrets in the world of music. I enjoyed thoroughly each and every track. I'm kind of glad Terry didn't get radio play beyond the title track. Truly an amazing album and add an Everly Brothers cover and you got one fantastic album, truly an unheard classic. Each song he sings, each note played, just everything fantastic! All I could ask for is for it to have been more available when finding a hard copy of this album. Terry is severely underrated as a performer. I wish I was old enough to see him when he was actually performing. The main album was great but I couldn't get into the bonus tracks too much I guess the actual album was so good my standards were too high. Overall this album should be in the ranks of a "classic album". Truly one great find.

Their Satanic Majesties Request
Their Satanic Majesties Request
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosmic Christmas?, March 4, 2011
In all the classic rock I've listened to growing up no one beyond The Rolling Stones themselves have as much range. This album along with the rest of The Stones collection have flown under my radar but when I got this and was listening to it I was amazed. I before had listened to Sgt. Peppers by The Beatles and I admit liked it but as I grew I came to realize that The Beatles although talented individuals in their own right were creating a lot of music that sounds the same and blends into one blah and Sgt. Peppers reflects that. Now this album has all the tracks jump out at you and to me anyway, all these songs can stand alone. Here is my track breakdown:

1. Sing This All Together 3/5 my least favorite sounds to Beatlesque to me but I've heard it has Paul and John in it singing back up.
2. Citadel 5/5 gritty raw guitar with Mick's "I'm the singer bastard!" singing in it, kind of bluesy psychedelic.
3. In Another Land 5/5 a good "Lucy in Sky" like psychedelic track that has better lyrical content and musical execution. Truly an unknown great of theirs that hides on this album.
4. 2000 Man 5/5 one of the first split half songs where one half sounds different from the other. The first half gritty solid guitar slinging and the slowed second have kind of bluesy and folky. Truly a great track and one of my favorites on the album.
5. Sing This All Together (See What Happens) 4/5 seriously a trip that seemingly goes by fast.
6. She's a Rainbow 5/5 a touch of orchestral and psychedelic mixed in excellent emotion and one signature piano track this track is one of their elegant legendary licks for a reason.
7. The Lantern 5/5 this leans on the psychedelic folk side with piano that makes it kind of a ballad sounding song. Overall a good track that also makes it apparent that even with an acoustic guitar The Stones can melt your face off.
8. Gomper 4/5 pretty hard to hide the sound of the 60's here with a sitar but still a solid track but not as good as the rest of the album, this with Sing This All Together and Sing This All Together (See What Happens) are the few tracks that date this album.
9. 2000 Light Years from Home 5/5 an electronic master piece that rivals Space Oddity by David Bowie gives this album a space like orchestral near closer to this album. This particular track made me want to get this album.
10. On With the Show 5/5 reminiscent of the background singing in Yellow Submarine by The Beatles this is an odd but neat closing to such a nearly timeless album.

Overall this is a great album and because of this album I've gotten hooked to The Rolling Stones licks and I shall get and listen to the rest of their collection. This album has a lot of range compared to other albums at the time. The Rolling Stones to me don't seem to be credited to have so much of a range, but this album reflects a lot of the range they do have. One of the best albums I've heard of all time.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2011 5:39 PM PDT

The River Strumming
The River Strumming

5.0 out of 5 stars To Death Review..., March 3, 2011
This review is from: The River Strumming (MP3 Music)
Cotton Jones flew into my radar when introduced by my elder brother. So after a thousand listens to Paranoid Cocoon I wanted more. Now Tall Hours in The Glowstream wasn't a really good follow up, so I went backwards and got this album. And I have to say excellent! The pace varies, the sound does so as well but this album is a great listen. From "It Comes To Me Now (In Fuzz)" to "I Don't Suppose (Unrelaxed)", it's great. If like psychedelia and folk meshed and rearranged you'll like The River Strumming.

Death Cab for Cutie - Directions
Death Cab for Cutie - Directions
DVD ~ Death Cab for Cutie
20 used & new from $0.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Directions for a Solid Video Collection, March 3, 2011
The videos in this, although my musical taste has sprung a different direction(no pun intended), have and still are as good as when I was a big fan of Death Cab. Their best album followed by an even better visual, this is worth the money. Each video for each song has so much work put into it. My all time favorite video on this DVD is Summer Skin. There is one video I disliked and that was Soul Meets Body, the musical video was better but beyond that this is a good purchase. Each director and each track (beyond previuously mentioned) could stand alone.

Choke
Choke
by Chuck Palahniuk
136 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Choked: Confessions of a Med School Drop Out, March 3, 2011
This review is from: Choke (Paperback)
This is the first book I read by Chuck Palahniuk and thought thus far of what I read of his material this was his best work. All be it the only other one I read being Snuff and tried the infamous Fight Club this was better of the three. Now I've gotten Pigmy, Survivor and Haunted sitting on my shelf but this was pretty good. The reason for a 4 star rating is due to this being good but not great. I've read more extensive sophisticated language in other books with a lot more lyrical writing. Overall if you did what I did this book which was read about half of it put down for a while then finish it, it is a grand read otherwise your stuck with a good tale but maybe slightly above average vocabulary and that is reading his descriptions of diseases being a med school drop out.

10,000 Days
10,000 Days
Price: $11.92
190 used & new from $5.44

4.0 out of 5 stars 10,000th review, July 8, 2006
This review is from: 10,000 Days (Audio CD)
I've known about the release of this album since summer of 2005 and couldn't wait to hear it. When I first heard of the album, the name in particular, I thought "Disturbed" and when I saw the art work I admit I was dissapointed but when I heard their first single "Vicarious" I got hooked. The album is great but still doesn't hold a candle to "Aenima". the album's best tracks are "10,000 Days(Wings Pt.2)" and "Rosetta Stoned".

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland - Xbox
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland - Xbox
Offered by CaveGamers
Price: $21.99
106 used & new from $0.39

3.0 out of 5 stars umm...ok., July 8, 2006
this game was alright. i've been playing tony hawk games since thps2. this game is nothing special, i'd rather play thug1 because that at least has jamie thomas. the only things i thought that were cool is the new spray feature where you can spray the ground, and the few new moves. the new no load screen feature is a joke because you still have to change areas with a loading screen in multi-player. also i didn't really get into the soundtrack i guess because i have this version. also why didn't activision keep the create a deck mode the same as thug1 why did they change during thug2? after thug1 the tony hawk games have been going down hill and have had a cliche story mode. all in all this is pretty much a clone of thug2, it's just a dressed up version of that.

Aenima
Aenima
Price: $11.99
180 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars yeah, another five star review., January 2, 2006
This review is from: Aenima (Audio CD)
first of all tool like many other artists out there is an abstract kind of band, you need to be kind of minded and patient while listening to their music. also this album in paticular has a such a different sound compared to most of the stuff released now a days. compared to other music i heard this album has a sense of ORIGINALITY that died in music during the late 80's early 90's. tool with a couple of other artists have remained FRESH and ORIGINAL. "∆nima" in my opinion is one of the greatest albums ever, it's timless and is as great as Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon". all in all tool is an aquired taste and should only be ingested by opened minded people. no a cliche 90's album to say the least. so if you're not opened minded and/or a hardcore christain than this album isn't for you. for the creative contents of this album might confuse or scare the close minded listener.

Johnny The Homicidal Maniac: Director's Cut
Johnny The Homicidal Maniac: Director's Cut
by Jhonen Vasquez
Price: $17.05
133 used & new from $7.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Z?, January 2, 2006
JTHM: Director's Cut, what can i say but that my old review sucked. this comic is very dark and mysterious, and shouldn't be in the hands of little kids. if you think that a homicidal maniac that kills the shallow, obnoxious, conceded people is funny than this comic is for you, but if you are a shallow, obnoxious, conceded, person than you won't like it. the art is done by the same person (jhonen vasquez)who does "invader zim", so all you zim fans might like this comic. otherwise i suggest you read a couple of the comic strips via the internet. if you don't like the "jthm" part of the comic than you might like the "happy noodle boy" parts, idk i can't speak for you. like i said in plently of my other reviews, this is a very abstract work of art here, so keep an opened mind.

Hypnotize
Hypnotize
Price: $7.29
100 used & new from $1.91

4.0 out of 5 stars HYPNOTIZED!, January 2, 2006
This review is from: Hypnotize (Audio CD)
I've always loved S.O.A.D. albums so creative & kickass, but this one was different.When I first bought Hypnotize I couldn't wait to listen to it.But when I did, at first I wasn't that impressed but, then I started to listen to it some more & eventually loved the album.In my opinion I still think Mezmerize is the better album but, this album is really good.

My Rating System: 5 being the best 1 being the worst.

1. Attack 5/5 good way to start the album.

2. Dreaming 4/5 kind of dull.

3. Kill Rock 'N' Roll 5/5 my favorite song on the album.

4. Hypnotize 3/5 it kind of got old after a while.

5. Stealing Society 3/5 beginning lyrics could be better.

6. Tentative 4/5 sounds evil but, chorus could be better.

7. U-Fig 5/5 kind of reminds me of B.Y.O.B.

8. Holy Mountains 2/5 too slow & too serious for a S.O.A.D. song.

9. Vicinity of Obscenity 5/5 just kicks ass.

10. She's Like Heroin 5/5 just kicks ass (selling ass for heroin)

11. Lonely Day 4/5 made me cry, but the ending sucks (it's the same as Soldier Side Intro's ending)

12. Soldier Side 5/5 makes think twice before joining the army, & tells you a tearful tale of the life of a soldier frankly one of the best S.O.A.D. songs to date.

Hopefully this review helped you with your purchase.