Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Malvin > Reviews

Browse

Malvin's Profile

Customer Reviews: 962

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Malvin RSS Feed (Frederick, MD USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
InterDesign RealWood Hideaway Toilet Bowl Brush and Holder for Bathroom Storage - White/Light Wood Finish
Price: $25.93
3 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A more useful and better-looking toilet bowl cleaner, June 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
InterDesign has really raised the bar on what a contemporary toilet bowl cleaner can be. Made with real wood accents, the stylish InterDesign toilet bowl cleaner is anything but a household essential that most of us would rather hide away.

The brush itself is very functional. The case is semi-transparent with a wooden rings around the top that looks very classy. The material is easy to clean, both inside and out. It's simply a more useful and better-looking toilet bowl cleaner that won't embarrass when guests come to visit.

I highly recommend the InterDesign toilet bowl cleaner to everyone.

PNY Turbo Elite 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - Read Speeds up to 115MB/sec - P-FD128TBO-GE
Price: $27.99
2 used & new from $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super handy for getting large files from point A to point B, June 22, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My hobby is digital painting. Taking these very large files to the printer has been problematic. The PNY Turbo has solved this problem for me. I can easily save both the printer-ready file and a small thumbnail to the Flash Drive and take it to the printer. It also makes it easy for the printer to download and access the file.

No doubt, there are countless other use cases for the PNY Turbo. Suffice to say it's super handy for getting large files from point A to point B. No doubt, practically anyone should find the PNY Turbo useful to have when needed.

I highly recommend the PNY Turbo Elite to everyone.

Farberware 9-Piece Knife and Cutting Board Set with Storage Block
Farberware 9-Piece Knife and Cutting Board Set with Storage Block
Offered by Good Haven Goods
Price: $25.73
12 used & new from $25.72

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic value, June 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am really pleased with this handy food prep kit from Farberware. Featuring a space saving ergonomic design, quality construction and appealing design, I believe that virtually any household could benefit from having this useful set of kitchen essentials in their home.

I like that the knives, cutlery and board fit securely in the wood block. It's easy to position the board against the backsplash where it takes very little room away from my kitchen counter. I also like that the set includes 4 machine washable cutting boards, meaning I can continuously rotate the boards into the dishwasher and always have a clean board when I need it. The knives and cutlery are well-made, providing tools for most every food prep task I can think of. All in all, I believe the Farberware set represents a fantastic value.

I highly recommend Fabrerware's 9 piece knife and cutting board set to everyone.

Galiva Men's Acrylic ComfWarm Winter Watch Hat, Gray
Galiva Men's Acrylic ComfWarm Winter Watch Hat, Gray
Price: $12.44
2 used & new from $12.44

5.0 out of 5 stars The skull cap I've always wanted, June 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Galiva Winter Watch Hat is the skull cap I've always wanted. The acrylic fabric is warm and comfortable. Best of all, the Galiva has a very suave look. It's definitely raised my style. I like that.

I highly recommend the Galiva Winter Watch Hat to everyone.

Policing the Planet: Why the Policing Crisis Led to Black Lives Matter
Policing the Planet: Why the Policing Crisis Led to Black Lives Matter
by Jordan T. Camp
Price: $12.65
60 used & new from $8.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Towards a more humane future where people come before prisons and profits, June 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
“Policing the Planet” by Christina Heatherton and Jordan Camp (editors) offers a powerful critique of the repressive police state and what to do about it. Verso is a leading progressive book publisher known for its high levels of scholarship, accuracy and humanity. The nearly two dozen articles in this timely book are written by activists and scholars who provide thoughtful perspectives on the struggle for a more peaceful, just and humane future.

The thread that ties the diverse works together is a long-running critique of the controversial “broken windows” policing strategy that was made infamous in New York City. As we learn about the systematic harassment and punishment of marginalized peoples including racial minorities, indigenous peoples, the homeless, the LGBTQ community and so on, we understand that policing is mostly intended to remove undesirable populations from view. Yet, as activists point out again and again in the pages of this book, the money wasted on aggressive policing could be much better spent repairing the broken neighborhoods that have been left behind by capitalism. Ultimately, the book inspires us to work towards a more humane future where people come before prisons and profits.

Babel
Babel
by Zygmunt Bauman
Price: $18.55
33 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An enlightening dialogue between two of today's leading thinkers, June 13, 2016
This review is from: Babel (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
“Babel” by Zygmunt Bauman and Ezio Mauro presents an enlightening dialogue between two of today’s leading thinkers. Professor Bauman is arguably the most esteemed living philosopher today; while Mr. Mauro is a leading Italian intellectual and former editor in chief at the progressive Italian newspaper La Repubblica. Bauman and Mauro’s thoughtful exchanges about our contemporary socio-political-technological culture will richly reward thinking people for its nuance, perspective and meaning.

Bauman and Mauro muse about the ‘dematerialized space’ of global capitalism where citizens seek in vain to hold elusive powers to account. Bauman and Mauro believe the ‘changing social space’ defined by a state- and corporate-monitored social media empowers the status quo as much as it does those who seek progressive change. In fact, the masses of ‘interconnected loners’ might feel a degree of catharsis in expressing their dissatisfaction but ultimately find it difficult to coalesce physically against the entrenched powers that oppress us. Still, the authors believe that a new consensus can, and must emerge from today’s Babel to help us move through the ‘really existing democracy’ of today to a better future.

I highly recommend this exceptional book to everyone.

Kashi GOLEAN Plant-Powered Bars (Salted Dark Chocolate and Nuts, 7.95 Ounce)
Kashi GOLEAN Plant-Powered Bars (Salted Dark Chocolate and Nuts, 7.95 Ounce)
Price: $4.48
2 used & new from $4.48

4.0 out of 5 stars A tasty nutrition snack bar, June 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm pleased to have discovered Kashi Plant Power bars. As a person who needs to avoid soy, these delicious snack bars deliver the taste and nutrition I want without the things I don't want. I believe that everyone looking for a terrific nutrition snack bar should give Plant Power a try.

The number one listed ingredient is peanut, which no doubt contributes to the 8 grams of protein (along with pea crisps). Other whole foods include whole grain oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, cashews and chia seeds. It makes for a nicely-textured and substantial taste experience.

More than anything, Plant Power bars really taste good! The bars have a rich chocolate layer that make them irresistible. Yet, the 190 calories per bar is in line with comparable products in the nutrition snack category. I feel that Plant Power can more than satisfying my craving for an occasional sweet while offering a certain level of nutrition. All in all, a pretty good deal.

I highly recommend Kashi Plant Power bars to everyone.

PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer NATURALS 2oz Pump Bottle (Pack of 6)
PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer NATURALS 2oz Pump Bottle (Pack of 6)
Price: $13.89

5.0 out of 5 stars A great hand sanitizer, June 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I learned the hard way. I once hosted a booth at a business trade show where I shook a lot of hands. The next day, I got sick. Ever since that unpleasant experience, I've been diligent about always having a good hand sanitizer on hand.

So, I was pleased to learn that Purell hand sanitizer has become available in a pack of six two-ounce bottles. I can keep Purell hand sanitizer in all the places I might need them: in the office, in my back pack for travel, at home, a bottle for my wife to keep in her purse, in the car, and so on.

Mostly, I like using Purell before and after meeting people or at mealtimes; although using hand sanitizer before typing or driving is not a bad idea, either. I find that Purell dries quickly and feels cool to my skin.

I feel that I am doing what I can to protect my health; and by extension, the people around me who I care about. The two ounce bottle goes a long way so I believe that Purell represents a good value.

I highly recommend Purell hand sanitizer to everyone.

Age of Discovery: Navigating the Risks and Rewards of Our New Renaissance
Age of Discovery: Navigating the Risks and Rewards of Our New Renaissance
by Ian Goldin
Price: $17.75
45 used & new from $13.02

5.0 out of 5 stars A dramatically better future can be ours, if we want it, May 31, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
“Age of Discovery” by Ian Goldin and Chris Kutarna is an ambitious work of comparative history between the Renaissance and today. Goldin and Kutarna are highly accomplished associates at the prestigious University of Oxford. This extraordinarily insightful, timely and humane will inspire readers who believe that a dramatically better future can be ours, if we want it.

Goldin and Kutarna explain how humanity ascended from the misery of the Dark Ages to prosperity. Trade was made possible by Renaissance innovations in science, finance and technology. The discoveries of Copernicus, for example, set in motion a scientific revolution that led to breakthroughs in many unforeseen ways long into the future. Similarly, today’s advances in technology and science are certain to open up a future world of abundance that few of us can imagine.

Goldin and Kutarna remind us that the Renaissance had its dark side. Florence’s infamous Bonfire of the Vanities illustrates what can happen when elite privilege clashes with religious fanaticism. Of course, the authors are worried that progress today could be severely threatened if the benefits of human achievements are not shared more widely.

On that point, a number of well-conceived principles and policies are suggested. The Medicis understood that commissioning art for the public's viewing pleasure could help sustain their status in the community. We can, and must demand more from the one percent today.. Readers come away from the book inspired to do what we can, both individually and collectively, to help make our new Renaissance succeed.

adidas Fingerless Black/ White Logo Wrist Wrap L
adidas Fingerless Black/ White Logo Wrist Wrap L
Price: $24.99
5 used & new from $21.24

5.0 out of 5 stars The ideal glove, May 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've found the adidas fingerless glove to be the best glove used. I've worked out consistently for over 25 years so I've gone through a fair number of gloves. I believe that everyone seeking a good glove for the weight room should give the adidas a close look.

I like everything about the glove. The material is durable yet comfortable. The wrist wrap secures the glove for comfort and safety. The fingerless design allows me to maintain touch for better control. To me, it's simply ideal.

I highly recommend this excellent adidas glove to everyone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20