Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Entertainment Collectibles Outdoor Deals on HTL
Profile for S. Morris > Reviews

S. Morris' Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Morris RSS Feed (Horseshoe Bay, TX USA)

Introduction to Hospitality (6th Edition)
Introduction to Hospitality (6th Edition)
by John R. Walker
Price: $109.90
84 used & new from $63.97

3.0 out of 5 stars The editing is terrible, they missed a lot of errors, August 17, 2015
Very poorly put together. The editing is terrible, they missed a lot of errors. The writing is rambling and not entirely relevant. Key words are highlighted in bold, however they don't always get a distinct definition or really any context. Very difficult to use as a study guide for my course, I recommended my College select a different text for this course. (by the way, my grade was an A, but this book made it more difficult)

5.11 Tactical Rush 12 Backpack, Black
5.11 Tactical Rush 12 Backpack, Black
Price: $82.49
24 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic EDC bag, August 17, 2015
I've owned this bag in black for the last 3 and a half years. In the time it's been my primary EDC and hiking bag. I have beat the hell out of it on the trail and tossing it in and out of my truck. I've stuffed it full and taken it on airplanes as my carry on. I don't really have any valid complaints or critiques; the bag simply does exactly what it was designed for, and it does it very well. An extra layer of padding on the bottom would be beneficial to protect my laptop and tablet, but since this bag was not designed for carrying those I don't feel that's a negative. As with all my bags, I wish it had more velcro for patches, but that's preference. I am contemplating buying this bag in another color just because, but the one I started with is still kicking. It's made several trips through the washer and dryer as well, don't worry about it if you have to clean it!

Leatherman 61110003G Sideclip
Leatherman 61110003G Sideclip

5.0 out of 5 stars My oldest friend, May 26, 2013
I have owned my Sideclip since 2001. It has seen more carry than all my other tools combined. I have had it completely torn apart and rebuilt by Leatherman, the blade has been reprofiled after years of use. The wire cutters have been dinged up and filed back to shape a few times. And after all this the tool is still kicking. All the screwdrivers are original and have seen a ton of use. I don't carry it every day anymore, but I do carry it quite often and when I do I find that it is really all I need. I wish this tool was still in production because Leatherman has never made a product that equals it. If you can find one of these it will be your best friend for years to come.

Generic Shell Holster Combo for Apple iPhone 4 - Non-Retail Packaging - Black
Generic Shell Holster Combo for Apple iPhone 4 - Non-Retail Packaging - Black
Offered by Cellular Hookup
Price: $5.25
17 used & new from $0.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this case!!, August 10, 2012
I am on my second one of these, and that's only because after a year of solid use the kickstand on my first one kinda broke. It still worked but it came out easily. Not bad for what these are made out of, because I used the heck out of it almost daily. This case is the slimmest you can find for your iPhone, and it stays put. I have even dropped my phone from waist height a few times with this case on(at least 5 times) and it protected my phone. No cracks at all. The belt holster works great as well, it's slim and unobtrusive, and it clips on so you can remove it as you see fit. I love this combo so much I bought another for me and one for my wife as well. Buy this set, you won't regret it. BTW, it sells for $29.99 in the Verizon store, you can't find a better deal than the price on Amazon.

Nite Ize Durable Universal 360Swivel Case Equipped with 2 Card Holders - Cash/Card Pocket inside the Pouch and Cash/Card slots outside of the Pouch - Velcro Closure - Medium - BLACK
Offered by EarthFair
Price: $12.22
56 used & new from $5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Item is awesome, Amazon is not thorough, January 27, 2011
I gave the holster a five star rating because Nite Ize products are incredible, and I cannot blame the product for the careless manner in which Amazon operates. I received my item early, but it was covered in mold. That's right, mold. A new item on an original package(open style packaging), and it was just covered in mold. I soaked it in a mold killing agent, so it is safe to keep and use, but I was expecting a clean new item. Amazon does not give a way to formally complain from the product page or shipping details, so I felt that all of you should beware when you buy here. Buy it from Nite ize direct and you will be better off.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2012 8:23 AM PDT

Victorinox Swiss Army Swiss Champ Multitool Knife
Victorinox Swiss Army Swiss Champ Multitool Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars Great companion, January 23, 2010
I own several Swiss army knives, and this one is by far my favorite. It has almost every tool that Victorinox makes, yet is very pocket friendly. It it still usable even though it is so big. I love the fish scaler, I know most hate it, but it is very useful as a probe for getting into small, recessed places. If you use your imagination, this Multi tool has unlimited potential. I like it far more than my Leatherman, because each tool actually does the job it was made for plus a myriad of other uses. It is very wide, but not too wide. I use mine many times a day. Great buy, get one ASAP, and you won't regret it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great everyday companion, January 15, 2010
I have owned several Victorinox knives, and all have performed extremely well. In fact, I have never had one fail me. The supertinker is, in my opinion, the best knife for EDC because of the selection. You get a great amount of utility crammed into a very small package. This is a three layer knife, but it is still thin enough to carry in your front pocket. I carry mine everyday and hardly notice it.

The large blade: Great for general cutting tasks, comes scalpel sharp and stays that way for a reasonable amount of time.

Small blade: Same as large blade, except lighter duty tasks. I keep mine razor sharp and it usually opens envelopes and makes precision cuts.

Scissors: I have heard a lot of folks complain about the backspring on these, and let me say that I have a Vic knife that I got 17 years ago, and the scissor spring never broke. I lost it about 5 years ago, but it only costs about 2 bucks to order a pack of springs from Victorinox. The Wenger scissor spring wears out long before 17 years and is not replaceable. That said, these scissors do their job perfectly.

The cap lifter/flat blade screwdriver: Probably my favorite tool. Not only does it open bottles and turn screws(really tough ones that are frozen), it is the best prybar you can ask for. I have pried so many access panels open that it should have broken, yet their literally isn't even a scratch on it. A+ to Victorinox for their polish technique!

The can opener/small flatblade: The can opener is just that, a can opener, and it excells. The flat blade works well on eyeglasses.

The phillips head: I love this tool, though I pull out the Leatherman for most screws, but this one provides better grip for torquing tough screws.

The hook: I really don't use this much, but when I need to pick up something hot, it proves invaluable. It also works great for pulling wires and the like.

The reamer: I cannot describe how useful this tool is. I once disassembled my Xbox using only this tool and a screwdriver. It reams, punches, scrapes, cuts, pokes, prods, and anything else you need a sharp poking device for. It also works great as a fire starter coupled with a ferro rod.

The toothpick/tweezers: I actually use the toothpick for it's intended use, and it works great as long as you clean it. The tweezers are some of the best around. Very precise.

All in all, I highly recommend this knife to anyone. It doesn't matter if you plan to carry it in your pocket, bag, purse, keys, or if you plan to keep it in a drawer, you WILL find it useful and VERY reliable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2011 2:43 PM PDT

Leatherman 830850 Skeletool CX Multitool
Leatherman 830850 Skeletool CX Multitool
Price: $66.97
53 used & new from $64.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, not a full size replacement, October 1, 2009
I have owned countless pocketknives and multitools over the years, and I always end up carrying a Leatherman. I carry a LM Blast for work, but I noticed that when I was home, I would leave it because I don't like belt sheath's outside of work. I would carry my Swiss army Spartan, but sometimes I would miss the pliers and always wanted a one hand opening knife. Enter the Skeletool. I bought it to replace an edc knife, not my multitool. I still carry them both at work. What I love about the Skeletool is it feels like a pocketknife, but packs a really solid blade onto a great set of pliers with an ingenious screwdriver. The blade is so frikken solid it will blow you away, and the pliers are better than all the Swiss army folder pliers. The screwdriver seems to be the subject of many folks' ire, this stems from ignorance when using it. The skeletool screwdriver is clearly designed to be a speed driver. If you get past the carabiner's bulkiness, you will see that it is the handle you grasp when unscrewing things. I have never seen a speedier screwdriver on a multitool. Get a skeletool and try it out, it isn't that expensive to have even if it isn't your edc.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 - Playstation 3
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 - Playstation 3
Offered by BAM's Resale Shop
Price: $20.68
109 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Not realistic in all ways, September 30, 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This game has a great handle on golf, but being a golfer myself, I have to say that certain aspects are laughable. The putting is absolutely crap. I have played golf for more than ten years, and I have never had a putt that had NO chance. This game will tell you that a certain lie has no chance whatsoever of making the hole because of elevation, and that is simply not true. I have had to whack a ball pretty hard, but it made it to the hole. Also, you can't select any club for any shot. For instance, when you get within 120 yards or so, you can only use wedges even if your longest wedge can't make it to the hole. That is crap. you should be able to pull out a 4 iron to chip onto the green, even tiger actually does that in real life. All in all, this game is more frustrating than fun. Save your money.

Blast, Leather Sheath, Clam Pack
Blast, Leather Sheath, Clam Pack
Offered by THE BT GROUP

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, September 18, 2009
I have owned 2 of these, I love this tool. I have seen a lot of reviews about the lock breaking, but I have carried one for two years and never had an issue with the lock. I think some people are really hard on their tools or they just really pull too hard when the lock is still engaged. This is the best leatherman they make for edc, at least for us normal guys. I don't really care for the wave or charge models because of the nasty pinch point where the blades meet. I had a wave for twenty four hours and managed to shave my thumb three times. For a quick knife, I carry a skeletool along with my blast. The screwdrivers are perfect. I think the bit drivers on the other models are fine, but they are really short and have no pry value at all. I know Leatherman says the screwdrivers aren't meant to be used as pry bars but let's face it, we all need a small prybar at one point or another. The bit drivers are great to have a lot of bits because you can buy the bit kits and they are really light weight, I use them in my skeletool. To the guys who have leather sheath issues, try a little harder, it is not too short and there is ample room, the problem is the rivets that hold the bottom together, they stick out a ways and need to be worn down. It is a little inconvenient but I don't buy a tool for the sheath.