Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for G. J. Spagnoli > Reviews

Browse

G. J. Spagnoli's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. J. Spagnoli RSS Feed

Mildew-Resistant Antibacterial Heavy-Duty Shower Curtain Liner -
72" x 72"
Mildew-Resistant Antibacterial Heavy-Duty Shower Curtain Liner - 72" x 72"
Offered by Perella's
Price: $18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It gets the job done. How fancy can a clear shower curtain really be?, March 10, 2015
Just arrived. No complaints at all. Affordable, sturdy and exactly what I expected.

Huy Fong, Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce, 17-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6)
Huy Fong, Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce, 17-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6)
Offered by HP EXPRESS
Price: $22.95
21 used & new from $13.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Sauce in existence, January 2, 2013
Put this on pizza. Put this on tacos. Put this on a hamburger. Really. Put it on anything and it's instantly better.

ASUS S400CA-DH51 14-Inch TouchScreen Laptop
ASUS S400CA-DH51 14-Inch TouchScreen Laptop
Offered by ***** END OF SEASON CLEARANCE LIMITED SUPPLIES ******
Price: $917.01
14 used & new from $340.00

1.0 out of 5 stars It seemed great for the price... until it started randomly turning off., November 28, 2012
Update: This laptop died on me about two weeks ago. I've since returned it to Amazon and plan on purchasing another machine. The machine would randomly turn off for no reason. I googled around to search for solutions to the issue, but the hardware is too new to find much information online. I finally decided to return it when I was in a meeting with a client when my machine randomly turned off and then would NOT turn back on. Very embarrassing. I may have just gotten a dud, but considering I've never had this experience with my Dell or Apple notebooks in the past... I can NOT recommend this product any longer. See my original review below...

*****

I received my this laptop about 2 weeks ago. I've been using it daily ever since. Background: I'm a Mac OSX and Linux Ubuntu/Mint/Arch user regularly. I wanted to try out a Windows 8 machine since the new OS seems pretty innovative.

Most of my criticisms of this computer relate more towards Windows 8 than the actual hardware. The hotkeys being changed are a bit difficult to adapt to, and the e-mail interface by default is bulky. I use Gmail for all e-mail still. I'm trying to adapt to the new start screen. I like the aesthetics of it, but it's still not overall that intuitive. Regardless, the more I use the operating system, the more I adjust to like it. I'm going to stick with it for a bit.

Now - with that said - to the actual hardware. It runs incredibly well for the low price. The touchscreen is very intuitive. The speed of apps launching, and running multiple programs, is very impressive. The keyboard is not as great as a Macbook Pro, but very, very close. I'm actually more impressed with the keyboard than anything else. The overall case and hardware looks and feels very professional. Most folks won't believe you when you tell them the price is less than $1000. The sound is great - and surprisingly loud. The keyboard and speakers alone make this notebook worth the price. The touchpad is a little sensitive, but overall okay.

For hardware the only negative is the screen, but it's still not the worst on the market. It's very clear that this is where they cut the most to hit the price/cost. Again, the touch screen is intuitive, but the actual quality of the screen is fairly low. Not very bright during the day, and it just looks fairly cheap compared to the rest of the machine (you won't be able to watch movies/shows from odd angles).

Overall this is a very solid buy. Actually - for those looking to try out Windows 8 on a fairly low price touch screen laptop, this would be my top choice. I've played with both the Lenovo Yoga and Microsoft Surface and NEITHER is as good as this machine.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2014 12:45 AM PDT

Serta Pinehurst Duct Cotton Full Futon Mattress, Black
Serta Pinehurst Duct Cotton Full Futon Mattress, Black
Price: $199.40
2 used & new from $199.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Little thin, but overall does the job, October 10, 2012
I can't believe how quickly this thing shipped. Just 2 days after ordering we had a new mattress at our door. Overall it's great- comfortable, sturdy and fits our futon just fine. The only one issue is that it is somewhat thin (but still average for a futon mattress). To resolve this, we actually just placed this on top of our old beat/thinning futon mattress. Doubled up, and it's now more comfortable than your average couch.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2012 10:08 AM PST

Kryptonite Keeper 12 Standard Bicycle U-Lock with Bracket Bicycle U-Lock (4-Inch x 8-Inch)
Price: $25.32
36 used & new from $18.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, August 8, 2012
It's heavy as hell, but it definitely won't break. I've been using it here in New York for about a month now and have had no issues. Much better than any cord lock (and still pretty cheap)

Girls Are the New Boys
Girls Are the New Boys

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest live bands ever, March 3, 2009
This review is from: Girls Are the New Boys (MP3 Music)
This album should be apart of any punk rock enthusiasts collection.

Greatest band to ever to come out of Staten Island - it's a shame they aren't around anymore. They were my favorite local band in high school... and the quality of this record (and the song writing) is not local by any stretch - it's real, honest, fun, passionate punk.

First 4 tracks are amazing.