Profile for Nicholas E. Vanderborgh > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 59

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nicholas E. Vanderborgh "BlueState" RSS Feed (Boulder)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Red Espresso Tamper Stainless Steel 58 Mm Coffee
Red Espresso Tamper Stainless Steel 58 Mm Coffee
Offered by Deerso
Price: $18.12
15 used & new from $17.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Espresso Tamper, November 10, 2014
I had been using an old plastic tamper for my espresso machine. Many reviews claimed that a good tamper was necessary for good results. You can pay a lot of cash for a fancy tamper. This one was quite affordable. It was designed to fit the basket, and it does that. I probably don't get any higher compaction with this device. However, the tamper, when twisted, makes a very uniform puck. The thickness is quite constant, a good thing. I suspect that there is more crema, and the overall process seems more uniform. I used to go to Starbucks of a local shop now and then for a hit. Actually I got spoiled and the stuff I make a home seems far better. The tamper certainly helps.

SanDisk Flash 8 GB Memory Stick PRO Duo Flash Memory Card SDMSPDH-008G, Black
SanDisk Flash 8 GB Memory Stick PRO Duo Flash Memory Card SDMSPDH-008G, Black
Offered by RS Enterprises
Price: $16.95
6 used & new from $11.50

4.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk Memory Stick, November 10, 2014
Good price. Good product. I still use this format in a somewhat old Sony camera. Formatted the stick. Used it. Absolutely no problem. Even so, I have never had any problem with flash memory for many years. So, this got four stars. Not five. It is a good product at a great price.

Seiko Men's SNE050 Solar Strap Charcoal Dial Watch
Seiko Men's SNE050 Solar Strap Charcoal Dial Watch
Offered by A2ZWatches
Price: $86.52
11 used & new from $86.52

4.0 out of 5 stars (Still works) I liked the solar idea, November 10, 2014
My old Seiko was acting up. (Still works) I liked the solar idea, especially because the stores are really charging for battery replacement. So, good a good price. The Seiko works flawlessly. The Solar thing keeps the rechargeable battery up, and the thing just keeps going. Hopefully for ten years or more, as designed. I first found the black dial hard to read, but one gets used to that. The leather band seems very nice, certainly far better than replacements tend to be. Very pleased. Four stars is about all any watch would get from me. So, that is not a bad mark. In fact, I suspect I will be wearing this for as long as possible.

Crescent 5427CVN 7-Inch Heavy-Duty Diagonal Cutting Solid Joint Pliers, Cushion Grip,
Price: $13.66
26 used & new from $6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Crescent Pliers, November 10, 2014
Cutting pliers get worn over time. So this is a replacement. Great tool. Well made. Should last longer than me. I enjoy using it. You can save a bit by buying one of the hundreds of others. Crescent remains a good value.

Concertos 2 & 5
Concertos 2 & 5
Price: $14.59
43 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Saint Saens Masterfully Played by Thibaudet, November 10, 2014
This review is from: Concertos 2 & 5 (Audio CD)
Thibaudet is one of the great pianists. This recording is excellent. The music is great, and playing top notch. Recording is also excellent. A good addition to my collection.

Keyless Entry Remote Fob Clicker for 2006 Acura RSX - Memory #1 With Do-It-Yourself Programming
4 used & new from $38.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Who can love a fob, November 10, 2014
Who can love a fob? One of my key sets went into the laundry, and, although it still worked, if was not reliable. Expensive replacements are easy to find. This one was about 50% off. I had some difficulty. These devices are clever and very unique. So getting just the right model of car is essential. So, first time, no luck. However, we persisted, and the vendor exchanged the first one for the correct one. (I made the mistake not him.) The second one is far newer than the one I wrecked. The fob came with a battery, but perhaps not an new one. So I installed a new battery. All is good now. Works fine.

Ott-Lite 13 watt HD 508 technology replacement bulb
Ott-Lite 13 watt HD 508 technology replacement bulb
Offered by Light Bulbs International
Price: $17.41
3 used & new from $12.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Ott-lite Fluorescent Bulb.sss, September 6, 2014
My old desk lamp gave up the ghost. Hard to find a replacement. But, you know Amazon. This is an Ott-Lite, and a bit pricey for a light bulb. (The first one lasted 20, so one can't really get too upset about the price. It is all about $/hr, in the end.) Easy to install. As expected, the Ott-Lite is even better than the original. Shipping was fast, and well packed. A happy customer.

Earthwise TC70001 11-Inch 8-1/2 Amp Electric Tiller/Cultivator
Earthwise TC70001 11-Inch 8-1/2 Amp Electric Tiller/Cultivator
Price: $118.73
27 used & new from $100.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Earthwise 11-inch tiller, September 6, 2014
For the money, a good pick. I had some cultivating to do, and needed help. This Chinese tool is just fine. It has a powerful motor. Even so, it does not do well with thick sod. So I had to do some digging, fork, to break up the dirt. However once the big clumps are gone, the tiller knows how to stir up the rest. In some ways the frame is a little flimsy. During the first days of operation, one of the screws wiggled and fell from the tool. I went to my shop and found a replacement nut and bolt. Then during additional work in the garden I found both the nut and bolt. I stuck a lock washer in, and that seems to be holding. One problem is control. The tool is sort of light and does bounce around, like when it hits a rock. My garden has a bunch of drip hoses, and of course I cut a couple of those, not being careful enough. But they fix quickly. In the end, the Earthwise product was useful, and did its thing, saving me lots of time and muscle aches. For the price, less then it would cost to rent one, it is a good deal. But a garage clutterer.

Complete Organ Music
Complete Organ Music
Price: $10.88
17 used & new from $4.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Henry Fairs plays Durufle, September 6, 2014
This review is from: Complete Organ Music (Audio CD)
This has become, for this month, my most listened to CD. The French organ is one of the wonders of France, a Caville-Col, built in the early 1900s. Mr. Fairs knows his stuff, and gets wondrous sounds in his highly musical, and highly precise playing. Moreover, the acoustic quality of the CD is excellent. Heard it this morning again. Still ringing in my head.

12 volt 18 Ah Rechargeable Battery
12 volt 18 Ah Rechargeable Battery
Offered by ExpertPower
Price: $15.95
11 used & new from $15.95

4.0 out of 5 stars UPS Replacement Batteries, Rhino, September 6, 2014
What can you say about a replacement battery? My UPS quit. We here in Colorado have horrid electrical service, with many outages. Got tired of getting the computer stuff going again over and over. However, sealed lead acid batteries have that lifetime issue, and my old ones, well worn, were through. Matter of contacting Amazon, and shortly thereafter the batteries appeared. Even though there are heavy, no shipping charges. Took about 15 minutes to replace the batteries. (Took much longer to take the old batteries to the recycle center.) All is back on. The electricity continues to fail, sort of like Nigeria or something. But the UPS takes care of the issues. Price was excellent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6