Profile for Chris A. Kantack > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris A. Kantack RSS Feed (Huntsville, AL United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Panasonic ES8103S Arc3 Men's Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Nanotech Blades
Panasonic ES8103S Arc3 Men's Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Nanotech Blades
Offered by Inc..
Price: Click here to see our price
110 used & new from $75.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected!, August 24, 2014
This is my first electric shaver in over 20 years. Typically I've use double-bladed disposable razors. I bought this shaver for those few times when I don't want to bother doing a "wet shave". However, after one month of occasional usage, I find that it shaves so well that I may consider making it my "main shaver". This razor provides an excellent and surprisingly comfortable shave.

Mediabridge ULTRA Series HDMI Cable (6 Feet) - High-Speed Supports Ethernet, 3D and Audio Return [Newest Standard]
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with this cable!, August 24, 2014
Does the job and so much cheaper than anything I can find in town. This cable is extremely well made and should last a lifetime.

Midland HH50 Pocket Weather Radio
Midland HH50 Pocket Weather Radio
Offered by pcrush-outlet
Price: $19.26
142 used & new from $14.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little portable weather radio!, August 3, 2014
I bought this weather radio as a "side item" to my main home weather radio purchase. For a portable weather radio, it does quite well. The unit is very compact and offers excellent volume and voice fidelity for its size. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because often you have to press the scan button twice before you lock-in on the strongest signal. A great buy for the money!

iPad Air case - INVELLOP Black Leatherette Case Cover for Apple iPad Air cases (iPad 5, 2013 release)
Offered by INVELLOP
Price: $29.95
2 used & new from $24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A nearly perfect case! Best buy I've found!, August 3, 2014
I looked at a lot of cases in 6 different local stores before ordering the Invellop Black Leatherette case. Initially I purchased a different case from a local store and took it back as it made my iPad Air much thicker than even my original iPad 1.

The Invellop case is definitely the best case I've found for the money. I give it four stars instead of five because I find the texture of the case a bit slippery. For me, one of the main purposes of an iPad case is to keep it from slipping out of your hands. I find the Invellop case only "fair" in this regard. Otherwise, a great looking and well protective case!

Samsung BD-F5900 3D Wi-Fi Blu-ray Disc Player (2013 Model)
Samsung BD-F5900 3D Wi-Fi Blu-ray Disc Player (2013 Model)
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $127.99
23 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch blu-ray and streaming player - a real bargain!!!!!, December 14, 2013
I've had my BD-F5900 for a couple of weeks and love it! I thought about buying a Roku 3 for high-def streaming services but when I saw that, for the same price, Samsung had a blu-ray player that could do all that I needed from a Roku (plus give me blu-ray capability) I figured why not go the blu-ray DVD route. Glad I did. This is a superb streaming player and does a great job playing blu-ray and regular DVDs.

There is a bit of set up involved. Application and firmware updates may keep you busy for the first hour or so after you hook up the player. But once you get all your updates done and any account information entered into the player (for Netflix, Amazon, Vudu, or whatever other streaming services you use), you'll be very happy with this unit.

I use it primarily for Netflix, Pandora, and DVD playback. In my own set up, I've not needed to use the wi-fi capability as my internet router is just a few feet away. (I do a direct ethernet cable hook up from the BD-F5900 to my router.) I especially like being able to watch Netflix movies in full digital 5.1 surround sound via the optical digital output provided that I can feed to my receiver.

Prior to purchasing this player, I watched Netflix thru the Nintendo Wii. While the Wii has a great Netflix application, the picture quality of Netflix is so much better now that I've switched to using the BD-F5900 for Netflix use.

Toshiba 50L2300U 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black with gun metal trim)
Toshiba 50L2300U 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black with gun metal trim)
Price: $734.91
7 used & new from $635.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the mediocre "professional" reviews...this is a great set!, December 14, 2013
I spent nearly a month evaluating TVs in various stores before purchasing the Toshiba 50L2300U set. I also spent a lot of time reading up on reviews of various sets in the $500 to $700 price range. All the "expert reviews" out there were promoting plasma sets but when doing my own on site evaluations in the stores, I kept coming back to the Toshiba 50L2300U.

I've now had my set for 2 months and I love it! From the CNET site I found the professional calibration settings for the set and now the picture is far better than what I was able to achieve on my own. I see this is now advertised as a 60Hz set instead of a 120Hz set. Maybe so, but it doesn't bother me a bit. I find this set capable of excellent smooth motion whether it be movies, sports, or network programming.

I chose this set over comparable plasmas because of the additional HDMI input, less glossy screen, and overall ability to deliver a brighter picture than the plasmas. Contrary to some professional reviewers, I find the 50L2300U quite capable of deep black levels, very good shadow detail, and excellent (brilliant if you desire) color. Off-axis viewing is also excellent. You'll find some loss of contrast if you view extremely off axis but the incredible color accuracy of this unit holds up extremely well.

This set also does a great job of displaying an excellent picture with older equipment. I feed my old home theater receiver into the composite inputs and the resulting display of my older components (fed thru the receiver) is superb. I also bought a brand new blu-ray DVD player so I can stream Netflix in high-def to the TV.

Highly recommended!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars For charcoal cooking: best grille around!, October 15, 2013
I needed to replace my old Meco grille that had worn out after many good years of service. It's one of the very few basic charcoal grilles that has an adjustable height adjustment. You usually won't find this grille in your local big box home improvement stores. I'm glad I can get this thru Amazon. This grille definitely is the one to get if you use charcoal.

Edimax EW-7128Gn 150Mbps Wireless 11n PCI adapter with Extra Long Cable of External Detachable Dipole Antenna
Offered by HometownTV Plus
Price: $14.89
39 used & new from $6.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Solved my problem and works very well, August 29, 2013
My previous wireless card wasn't really designed for 64 bit. Thus I'd frequently lose my connection due to driver issues. I bought the Edimax and now have flawless wireless performance. My signal strength still isn't quite what I'd like it to be, but it seems to be more than adequate for reliable reception. Yes, this product is very inexpensive, but it works well.

SanDisk Extreme 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive With Speed Up To 190MB/s, Frustration-Free Packaging- SDCZ80-032G-AFFP
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $23.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible speed! Unlike your typical "memory stick", August 29, 2013
Note: This product is not your typical memory stick. It features a full SSD controller giving it incredible random and sequential access times. The SSD controller will also go a long way towards ensuring you get the maximum life available from the flash memory. Prior to owning this product, I tried to install Ubuntu on other memory sticks. The process would take hours and ultimately fail. Installing Ubuntu on this stick is fast, easy, and it runs wickedly fast. Even on a USB 2.0 interface you can run an OS off this stick faster than a local (conventional) hard drive! I use this stick as my "portable Ubuntu computer" and can plug it in into any computer and boot off of it in about 14 seconds! Highly recommended!!!!!!!

Canon Office Products IP7220 Wireless Color Photo Printer
Canon Office Products IP7220 Wireless Color Photo Printer
Price: $79.97
29 used & new from $68.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, August 29, 2013
I've had my printer now for about 4 weeks. It does very well on photo quality paper. My only real complaint is that the printer's start up time is very slow. It takes it about 3 to 4 minutes to initialize every time you turn it on or send it a new print job. Once it starts printing it does reasonably well and it can print multiple copies reasonably fast. But the "wait time" for that first page seemingly takes forever. I use the wireless feature as well. The documentation supplied with the printer is quite poor. It implies you cannot use wireless and a direct USB cable at the same time. (But you can as I have one computer directly connected and the rest of my computers using the printer wirelessly.) Because of the slow initialization and poor documentation, I give this printer only 3 stars but overall it is a very good photo printer.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2014 4:37 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4