Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Browse

Kindle Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kindle Customer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Pet ID Tags | 8 Shapes & Colors to Choose From | Dog Cat Aluminum
Pet ID Tags | 8 Shapes & Colors to Choose From | Dog Cat Aluminum
Offered by Providence Engraving
Price: $3.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal!, April 9, 2016
Thank you. Both tags were perfect and the price was wonderful!

Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Previous Generation - 3rd)-R
Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Previous Generation - 3rd)-R
4 used & new from $38.28

2.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend not buying a 2nd generation Kindle, November 9, 2015
I would recommend not buying a 2nd generation Kindle. I had to return three or four of them -- I lost count. The last time, the CS rep said I could just keep it, but I ended up getting billed. It took quite a while to sort everything out and the end result was that I no longer have a Kindle. The Kindle product itself is one I really loved when it was working. I used it quite often. I'll be saving my money for a brand new one.

One Mississippi
One Mississippi

4.0 out of 5 stars Tig Does A Good Tig, November 9, 2015
This review is from: One Mississippi (Amazon Video)
I enjoy Tig Notaro and watching her in this role rather than as a comedian only added to my respect. This first show had a couple of directing bumps in my (unprofessional, just a viewer) opinion, but I look forward to seeing more. The co-stars seemed perfect for their roles, from the somewhat annoying but happy girlfriend, to the Aspergian-like stepfather.

I've put this on my Watchlist and hope it won't be too long of a wait for the second show.

Enlightened: Season 2
Enlightened: Season 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Mike White's (Mostly) Unrecognized Genius, December 11, 2014
"Some pearls are never found. They hide under the sand on the ocean floor. No one knows they're there...but the pearl knows."

The words of Tyler ("The Ghost is Seen," Season 2, Episode 5) remind me of this show, which has unfortunately been canceled, and Mike White's stellar writing. Both were grossly under appreciated by HBO. "Enlightened" was one of the best offerings HBO had, and I'm sorry to see it go. Mike White and Laura Dern both did a phenomenal job.

On the surface, Amy Jellico seems like a do-gooder, with an undercurrent of naivete and hope. Go a little deeper (pay attention to the small scenes) and Jellico spills some uncomfortable secrets. She's a woman who used her sexuality to get ahead, and then grandly manipulates the company that no longer wants her by threatening lawsuits, not once but twice. She's a hypocrite who wants to believe that she's fighting for the underdog, yet she has disdain for those who are unattractive or unaccomplished. (The scene at the party, where Amy is dreaming of becoming The Next Big Thing when she's interrupted by a former waiter at Chili's is telling...as is the way Amy views her Cogentiva office mates).

Amy's desire to take down Abbadonn becomes more questionable as the show goes on. Is she truly invested in what she perceives as injustic,e or is her mission more about revenge? Is her "enlightenment" a veneer for her own naked ambition and self-absorption, or does she actually care about making a difference?

During the course of the show, Laura Dern's character of Amy comes across as sad and lost, but also conniving. The character is somewhat ditsy, with no actual talent to call her own, but she becomes an expert at manipulating others into doing what she wants. She's impatient and often brittle, but there are glimpses of self-awareness. Amy is a complex character and not one that's very likable, but I still found myself wanting to know where she was going.

It's sad when an intelligent, well-written show like this gets canceled, especially when the final season leaves viewers hanging and wanting some sort of resolution.

A Cold and Broken Hallelujah (Long Beach Homicide)
A Cold and Broken Hallelujah (Long Beach Homicide)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, well-written, one error away from perfect., October 26, 2014
I don't often read crime fiction, but the title and preview caught me, so I decided to buy the book. I enjoyed Dilts' writing and his storyline was interesting. His character rang true. Until I was near the end, I had five stars in mind, but then Dilts did something that was wholly irrational. I won't spoil the small twist; I'll only say it involved a lie that, given the court case and circumstances, would not pass muster.

Other than this one thing, which took me out of the reading experience and made me ponder reality, it was a good read and I'd recommend it to others.

De'Longhi BAR32 Retro 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
De'Longhi BAR32 Retro 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
Price: $89.00
69 used & new from $53.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Really, Follow the Directions, September 16, 2014
I should start off by noting that my product was DOA. The plastic it came wrapped in was very wet, and I wonder if some condensation got inside. I was going to return it, but after a few hours of drying, it began working and has worked fine in the four weeks since.

This is not a top of the line espresso machine, but after a few experiments I reverted to reading the directions (yes, I'm one of those people who didn't read them first, since I've owned quite a few espresso machines). In the end,I found that if I followed the manufacturer's directions, the De'Longhi makes a very decent latte. For those who want the shortcut version: You really do have to pull two water shots to warm up the machine and the cup. It makes a huge difference in temperature, which makes a difference in crema.

Not mentioned in the directions is that users should let the first few puffs of steam land in an empty cup (or on a paper towel). Otherwise, you'll get about a teaspoon of water in your milk.

I am usually a person who uses fresh ground coffee, but it is messy so I've experimented with different brands of pods (LaVazza, Ily, some others). The ones by Borbone work well with this machine (I use the red Miscela blend) and I found them to be the most flavorful...but tastes vary.

GE Personal Security Alarm Kit
GE Personal Security Alarm Kit
Price: $27.41
110 used & new from $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent Performance, September 12, 2014
I have found that the window alarms are not consistent. Sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. There is supposed to be a magnet in the piece that goes with the alarm according to the directions, but there is not. The alarm sound, when it works, is moderately loud. I'm not sure it would wake the neighbors, though.

For the price paid, it's just okay. I think maybe the sight of a small alarm may be more of a deterrent than the alarm itself.

Update International (EP-12) 12 Oz Stainless Steel Frothing Pitcher
Update International (EP-12) 12 Oz Stainless Steel Frothing Pitcher
Offered by SR-Six
Price: $5.06
159 used & new from $4.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, September 12, 2014
It's exactly as pictured and described. I am pleased with this purchase.

Caffe Borbone- Espresso Pods - ESE Espresso Pods - (150 PACK) 100% Italian Roasted. Italy's #1 Selling Espresso Pod
Offered by International Coffee & Books
Price: $38.90
2 used & new from $38.90

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm A Convert, September 12, 2014
A while back, I bought an espresso maker that takes pods. I tried a few different brands, including ILY and Lavazza. The ILY tasted stale to me and didn't produce much crema. The Lavazza reminded me of Folgers. I ordered the Caffe Borbone based on the reviews and the Q&A, which answered several of my questions. For instance, I learned that the Miscela Rossa (red pack) is the strongest of Borbone's blends. (Worth noting that I did request a sample pack from the company, and they never returned my email). Anyway, I received my shipment this morning and have so far made six lattes. Each was consistent in quality and delicious. I've found my new brand!

It's hardly worth mentioning, but I did count the packs and received 149 instead of 150. BFD, right? Also, the "tab" of one package somehow got into the seal and had to be torn so I could get it out, but again...no big deal. It was a small tear and the pod still did its job.

Transparent Season 1
Transparent Season 1
Price: $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Little Trite, A Lot of Potential, September 3, 2014
Although I found some of the characters and family melodrama to be trite and predictable, I'm interested in seeing how this series evolves. It was a pleasure to see Jeffrey Tambor in a role he owns so well, and while Judith Light's role in the pilot was small, it was interesting. I'm looking forward to more episodes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4