Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Judy > Reviews

Browse

Judy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 72

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Judy "Judy Murray Jack" RSS Feed (United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Deception: The Making of the YouTube Video Hillary and Obama Blamed for Benghazi
by Kenneth R. Timmerman
Price: $16.00

4.0 out of 5 stars My respect for Ken Timmerman and his work kept me going and I'm glad I did, July 27, 2016
I took off one star because the start of the book is confusing with too many names and not enough connections. My respect for Ken Timmerman and his work kept me going and I'm glad I did. Why the Obama administration wanted to deliberately mislead us is not clear, but the facts that they did are. It also appears that lives could have been saved in Benghazi had the State Department acted on intelligence they had.

By promoting a false scenario that the Benghazi attack was in response to a video less than 500 had viewed before it was promoted as the cause, Cindy Lee Garcia was victimized. Timmerman tells her story well, along with the legal team that took on the government and Google on her behalf. Timmerman footnotes his sources. An advantage of the Kindle version is that one can click on links to learn more.

I became aware of the book and that the hard copy sold out its first edition in an interview Timmerman did with Jimmy DeYoung on prophecy today.com for July 23. The land of the free and the home of the brave is being led by people with hidden agendas they think are better for us than we can decide for ourselves.

Awakenings
Awakenings
DVD
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart rending, based on a true story, June 18, 2016
This review is from: Awakenings (Amazon Video)
Had seen this many years ago. Brilliant acting by Robin Williams. One man can accomplish much when he cares about others.

Suddora Multi Colored Zipper Sweatband Wristband (Green)
Suddora Multi Colored Zipper Sweatband Wristband (Green)
Offered by Suddora
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with FitBit One, March 20, 2016
This works very well for my FitBit One at night for sleep tracking. It is easier to manage than the device that came with my FitBit.

Sparco Name Badge Kit, Top Loading with Clip, 3 x 4 Inches, 50 per Box, Clear (SPR19184)
16 used & new from $9.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend using Avery Labels 5392 and website, March 17, 2016
The price is excellent. Due to shifting during shipping and storage, some of the badges are unusable. I liked them enough to order a 2nd set.

I also ordered Avery Insert Refills # 5392 and was able to create labels from a simple Excel file using Avery's online program. I can also save my work for future use with another file. I had to view the How To video to learn that all fields from my merge file are placed into one text box. After that, I could modify the font and size of the fields. Printing was easy. Avery creates a pdf that worked perfectly with my forms on my Epson Workforce 845.
Comment Comment | Permalink

S.P. Richards Company Name Badges, Hanging Style, 3 x 4 Inches, 50 per Box, Plain White (SPR01615)
Price: $8.90
21 used & new from $8.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend using Avery Label Inserts # 5392, March 17, 2016
I received these last night and have ordered a second set. They will be used in my church for members to be more accessible to visitors. Most of the badges were flat. About 10 are curled due to shifting in shipping, but I think they are usable. The price is excellent.

I also ordered Avery Label Inserts Product # 5392. The included labels were only 4 to a page and would have been a pain to print on. I used the Avery site to create an attractive label and to do a mail merge from a simple Excel file. I needed to watch the site How To video to understand the sequence of steps. Basically, I had to list all fields into one text box and then was able to edit each field as to font and size. I was able to save my work. Avery creates a pdf as web page which printed perfectly on my labels.

Miracle of Aloe Miracle Foot Repair Cream, As Seen On TV, 8 Oz
Miracle of Aloe Miracle Foot Repair Cream, As Seen On TV, 8 Oz
Offered by Miracle of Aloe®
Price: $9.55
3 used & new from $9.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Restoring healthy skin, March 8, 2016
My toes suffer from a genetic neuropathy. Since starting this product, the dead skin is almost gone. Both my daughter who is a nurse and my sister who has problems with her feet were amazed.

NIrV, Free on the Inside Bible, Paperback
NIrV, Free on the Inside Bible, Paperback
by Zondervan
Price: $6.99
85 used & new from $1.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Prison Ministry, February 16, 2016
I have been using this Bible in prison ministry for 5 years. I wanted to add a few more copies, as some of the inmates take a copy when they leave. I figured the Amazon price with my Prime free shipping would be equivalent to my other source. Imagine my surprise when I found different page numbers and some words from the older Bibles!

Providentially, Church Source then offered free shipping with their lower price. I ordered 20 from them and replaced all the older versions. My population does not need more confusion.

This version gets 5 stars because the NIrV is easy to read. The women I work with have been found incompetent to stand trial and are receiving mental health treatment. Most respond to the treatment and go on to face their charges and lives. My goals are to encourage them that God has not forgotten them. I present the Bible as inspired by God and our source to know Him. There are inserts that speak to being in prison, but I don't teach from those, trusting them to be discovered by the women on their own. I sometimes use the maps and timeline of Biblical history.

Most of my personal study is from the NKJV with John MacArthur's notes.

I have one hour for my "Church Group". The multipurpose classroom has a TV and DVD player. I show a half hour Day of Discovery video, usually set in Israel. Then, we read Scripture that has been referenced.

I think anyone involved in prison ministry will find this Bible useful and non-threatening. The title '"Free on the Inside" encourages those who are not free to leave the building.

Universal Clamp On Water Bottle Holder For 1" Bar
Universal Clamp On Water Bottle Holder For 1" Bar
Offered by FitDesk
Price: $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Clamp needs padding removed, January 11, 2016
This item arrived today in USMail. The instructions call for removing a piece which is not necessary. What IS necessary is to cut away a half inch of the padding on the handle bar. Easily done with a sharp utility knife. I am glad I purchased this but think the instructions need updating.

I suppose you could install it to the far right as shown in the official photo, but center placement works better for me.

FitDesk v2.0 Desk Exercise Bike with Massage Bar
FitDesk v2.0 Desk Exercise Bike with Massage Bar
Price: $299.99
22 used & new from $254.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a senior with OA, an Apple Watch, and a FitBit One, January 8, 2016
Update 01-14-16

The new mainframe arrived yesterday and the meter now works. I wrote an update last night but it has not appeared so I am trying again.

To take apart the bike was more difficult than installing it, especially the seat installed without the extender. I needed to use my new socket wrenches to remove a tough bolt. To install and maintain this bike, one needs:

Socket wrenches
3/8 crescent wrench
Rubber mallet
Allen wrench (included)

Watching the YouTube video on tightening the crank arm and pedals is helpful and should avoid the clicking problem reported by some. Search on "FitDesk assembly".

I am getting 30 or more aerobic minutes a day which allows me to complete all 3 Apple Watch circles each day. Already, I have more energy for friends and chores.

Original review:

My orthopedic doc said cycling would be better for me than walking which had brought on a flare of osteoarthritis. When Amazon offered the FitDesk 2.0 at a reduced price, good for one day, I read the reviews and ordered it. It arrived yesterday at 1:00 pm and I got the assembly done along with an afternoon event by 5:30 pm, probably 2.5 hours to unpack and assemble. It helped that I had viewed the YouTube videos that deal with assembly and maintenance. The clicking problem that some reviewers encountered can be avoided by tightening the crank arms which requires a 14 mm socket wrench. I purchased a Stanley 40 piece wrench set today at Walmart for $20. This is be an ongoing chore in the life of the equipment.

The only problem with the unit I received is that the meter does not register activity. I emailed customer service today, and after doing the test that identified that there is no signal coming from the flywheel unit, I was told they are shipping me a new "mainframe" component. They asked, but did not require, that I return the original one which they will refurbish and donate to a school. I will update this review after I get the unit and go through the reassembly.

The main reason I want the meter is to log total miles which gives the timing of maintenance. My main logging comes from my Apple Watch and my FitBit One. I wear the FitBit on my sock, so that I get credit for pedaling (as though it were steps). By running the Apple Watch Workout app set to Indoor Cycle, I get credit for "activity". Since receiving my watch 2 months ago, I have been able to complete the "stand" and "move" goals but not the aerobic activity. It was excessive walking that brought on my OA flare, so I cut back and eliminated using stairs. It takes me 5 minutes extra to get to my car and the mailroom, but at my age (74) I can afford the time.

I noticed that my knees were somewhat swollen last night and so researched OA cycling for arthritis and decided I need to do 5 minute episodes not the 10+ I started with last night. I will be increasing the elapsed time and intensity (now level 3) as I gain muscle tone.

Other reviews spell out the benefits of the features. I love that I can watch my DVDs of Person of Interest, read a book, deal with email, or play an iPad game. The actual cycling is easy. My heart rate is in the low aerobic range. I plan to leave the unit set up in my living room except when my bridge playing friends come over. Do consider this device as a way to transition from sedentary to active.

SPT ION F-4010 Exchange Replacement Filter for SU-4010 Humidifier
SPT ION F-4010 Exchange Replacement Filter for SU-4010 Humidifier
Price: $24.99
28 used & new from $22.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and replace. Effective filter., November 23, 2015
I replaced the original filter after 6 months as recommended when the humidifier is used for only a few hours a day. I am very pleased with how clean the water stays and how little work I have to do to keep the device clean. This is the most satisfactory humdifier product I have used. Living in the high desert environment of Reno, adding moisture helps my breathing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8