Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "dvdcollector" RSS Feed (nebraska, USA)

Far Cry 3 Game Guide
Far Cry 3 Game Guide
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, November 3, 2014
Kindle version is completely useless. It's basically a trophy list. No guide, no walkthroughs, no maps.

Kinivo 301BN Premium 3 port High speed HDMI switch with IR wireless remote and AC Power adapter - supports 3D, 1080p
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $44.99
21 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to Use, July 31, 2013
I purchased this after pre-ordering the PS4 and realizing my TV only has one HDMI input. Set-up was simple and my current console (PS3) works perfectly.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars No better than an ibuprofen, July 31, 2013
Robaxacet was available in my native Canada over the counter and it worked wonders on lower back pain and was an effective painkiller in general. I was excited to see this product on Amazon despite the very high cost. I'm not sure if the U.S. version is a different formula but this did nothing for my pain. I could have saved $40 and purchased a bottle of over-the-counter Ibuprofen. Very disappointed!

Dragon Tattoo Trilogy: Extended Edition [Blu-ray]
Dragon Tattoo Trilogy: Extended Edition [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Noomi Rapace
Offered by MBM Sales
Price: $31.97
26 used & new from $26.97

5.0 out of 5 stars The Definitive Version, November 30, 2012
At 3 hours apiece, it would be easy to think that this collection was filled with unnecessary scenes which only served to slow the pace. NOT SO! The extra footage helps greatly in the development of the characters and their relationships. The secondary actors become more than just walk-in roles and create a richer tapestry when you take all 3 films as a whole. For those who find 9 hours to be too daunting, the series is broken into 6 easily digest able parts. I can't speak for the quality of the dubbing (I much prefer watching foreign movies in their native language with subtitles). The extra disc provides an interesting documentary on the author and the tumultuous legacy his untimely death left behind. For those who've only seen the American version, you owe yourself to see this grittier, more accurate version.

Silent Hill Downpour: Prima Official Game Guide
Silent Hill Downpour: Prima Official Game Guide
by Nick von Esmarch
40 used & new from $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A Messy Walkthrough, March 21, 2012
I've used strategy guides for many types of games including RPGs, adventure games and almost all of the previous Silent Hill games. This one fails dramatically in its key purpose: to walk you through the game in an orderly manner and help you find the clues needed to solve puzzles. This newest chapter of Silent Hill features, for the first time, many optional side missions which were designed to add longevity to the gameplay. Unfortunately, the guide's author seemed stumped in how to handle these missions and adds them haphazardly throughout the main walkthrough. Since some areas of the town's map are not immediately available, the guide becomes very difficult to follow and I found myself having to flip back and forth through the guide because I was now in an area of the map that was referenced 20 pages before. Since the side missions are optional, they should have been addressed in an entirely different section from the main walkthrough, allowing the player to access them as he/she nears the end of the game and when the town is fully accessible.

Other issues included poorly described puzzles and solutions accompanied by unhelpful photos. There were also multiple lockers that required a combination to open but they were not even mentioned in the guide. I came to find out much later that the combination was only available if the game had been pre-ordered. I wasted a lot of time looking for clues to these lockers which a simple notation in the guide could have alleviated.

In the end, I decided to just ignore the guide entirely and try to complete as many missions as I could without assistance. The guide proved to be more frustrating than the game itself.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2012 7:03 PM PDT

PS3 Charge Station
PS3 Charge Station
8 used & new from $9.07

1.0 out of 5 stars Failure to charge, August 19, 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 Charge Station (Video Game)
I bought this at a local electronics store a few months ago. At first, the lights wouldn't turn on to indicate it was charging. I knew it was getting power because I had a bluetooth headset plugged into the side port. After many attempts, I finally got the unit to work (all I kept doing was attaching and removing the controllers). It worked well for about a week then completely stopped working again. I haven't succeeded in getting it to charge again. Ironically, now the green light just flashes repeatedly even though there isn't a controller attached to it. Judging by the other reviews, I may have simply bought a faulty unit but I'm not about to waste another $30 to find out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2008 10:35 AM PDT

The Sims 2 (Special DVD Edition)
The Sims 2 (Special DVD Edition)
Offered by DEBSBANKSCRAP
Price: $38.25
42 used & new from $2.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Some clarifications..., September 14, 2004
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After doing a little research I've come up with the following info regarding the DVD edition of Sims 2. The DVD version is NOT exclusive to preorders and will be available in retail stores. HOWEVER it will be a "Limited Edition" and shipped in smaller supply than the CD-ROM version. Therefore those of you hoping to get this version as a Xmas gift, don't wait till Thanksgiving to get it or you may be hard-pressed to find it (the CD-ROM version will continue to be supplied).

As for the release date, it appears that the date has in fact been pushed to Sept. 16. I don't know why Amazon expects customers to receive their copies in mid-October unless they've received an overwhelming demand. My experience has always been that the date of anticipated receipt is later than customers actually get it (sort of a worst case scenario date).

By the way, my rating for this game is only based on my non-playable preview of Sims 2(available on Sims Makin' Magic) as well as through other sources.