Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Learn more
Profile for jay > Reviews


jay's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1
Top Reviewer Ranking: 30,593,280
Helpful Votes: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reviews Written by
jay RSS Feed (pa)

Page: 1
All the Right Moves
All the Right Moves
DVD ~ Tom Cruise
Offered by On Target Discounts
Price: $8.20
59 used & new from $0.01

4 of 5 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, January 23, 2006
This review is from: All the Right Moves (DVD)
This movie really is a great watch. I would have to disagree that Risky Business is the better flick. Risky is very unrealistic and can be drab at times.

Yes, working in a steel mill (its not a factory, people) is not a great place to work, but before the 80's steel mills paid the bills for a lot of Western Pa's workers. What this movie portrays is the fall of the steel mills that can really be appreciated by the people who grew up in Johnstown. Unfortunately, this movie is all to realistic. Yes, the majority of people from this area have no other means to attend college. It is a very poor town and without our steel mills it has become a city in distress. It is nearly impossible for residents to get a part-time minimum wage job that only pays $5.15 an hour. It is downright unachievable to pay college when loans only cover 30% for the first year of college. How is a person to pay for the other 70% without a scholorship? I know a lot of people from this area that are "stuck" in the city and that live in poverty. Some people that do leave the area far too often have to return to their parent's poverty stricken home because of finacial problems.

This movie is very entertaining and a must see. The actors are very likeable and do a great job portraying what Johnstown was really like. Football is by-far more more supported than other sports and extra-curricular activities in Johnstown. The ending is not laughable, but it will put a smile on your face that there is a happy ending to Tom Cruise's character.

Page: 1