Profile for Tara Peterson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 126

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tara Peterson RSS Feed (Washington, DC)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Badge Magic Cut to Fit Freestyle Patch Adhesive Kit - 2 Pack
Badge Magic Cut to Fit Freestyle Patch Adhesive Kit - 2 Pack
Offered by MetaRetail
Price: $18.69
4 used & new from $18.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver!, December 2, 2014
Amazing product. I had a really hard time ironing on my daughter's girl scout patches and this solved all my problems. I have recommended it to our whole troop who also love it. Super easy to use and cut to fit any patch that you may have.

Slow Cooker Revolution Volume 2
Slow Cooker Revolution Volume 2
by Editors at America's Test Kitchen
Price: $19.21
75 used & new from $8.82

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great cook book, December 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great cook book. I am a huge fan of my slow cooker and cook in it at least 1/2 times per week with our families busy schedule. The things that I like about the book is the range of recipes from appetizers so dessert. I really liked the section on how to cook pasta in the slower cooker since I have never given that one a try. I also like that the recipes did not make you have to cook something before it is thrown in the crock pot. The recipes I have tried have turned out great. The only reason I took a star off is that I thought there was so much writing for each recipe (the "why it works" section) it made it hard to read. Happy cooking!

Pet Frenzied Kids Card Game
Pet Frenzied Kids Card Game
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really for a 5 year old, May 15, 2014
This review is from: Pet Frenzied Kids Card Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I though my 5 year so would like these but I think she was a little young. I would say 7 and older for a good age.

Case Logic DSM-103 Large DSLR with iPad Messenger Bag (Black)
Case Logic DSM-103 Large DSLR with iPad Messenger Bag (Black)
Price: $69.99
8 used & new from $69.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than I though, November 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This case was a bit larger than I thought it was going to be. I also thought that it would be more like a daypack to be able to fit your camera and some other stuff when out and about. The case can only fit your camera with a few lenses and an IPAD and maybe a wallet. Case Logic does do a good job and providing lots of padding for the camera and gear which is why I gave it 3 stars. I probably will use it a bit more as my kids get a little bigger and require me to carry less of their stuff, but for now, it is not really practical for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2014 11:13 AM PDT

A Week in Winter
A Week in Winter
by Maeve Binchy
Price: $19.64
413 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Really like this one!, September 19, 2013
This review is from: A Week in Winter (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like Maeve Binchy but sometimes her books can be a bit wordy. This one was really easy to read and really enjoyable! I really liked all the characters and the stories that led them to Stoneybridge. I don't want to ruin the book with a synopsis, but it was a great book! I was sorry to hear of Maeve's passing and that we won't have anymore wonderful books by her!!

Lonely Planet Paris (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Paris (Travel Guide)
by Nicola Williams
Price: $15.79
62 used & new from $3.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good companion!, September 19, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love Lonely Planet travel books! This one is great! I really like how it breaks Paris by area and what to do in each area. I also really the suggestions for trips outside Paris. Definitely a must buy for a travel guide!

Allen Sports Premier 1-Child Jogger/Bike Trailer
Allen Sports Premier 1-Child Jogger/Bike Trailer
Offered by National Retail Outlets
Price: $219.99
2 used & new from $115.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!, September 15, 2013
When looking for a bike trailer/jogging stroller I really didn't want to spend upwards of $500 like most of the other ones out there. I came across this one and though that I would give it a try, especially for the price. After using it for 2 weeks, I felt like I was ready to write this review.

Pro:
*Supper easy to put together! I think it took me maybe 10 minutes at the most for it to be all set.
*I really like that the pole that makes it a bike trailer is self storing under the seat.
*The handle bar can be adjusted for any height. Just loosed the grips and set it to whatever you want.
*Its very easy to push! I was really surprised to push it so easily. It turns really nicely as well.
*It comes with all the accessories! The main reason I wanted to try this one is because I didn't have to buy the other attachments for it that most others make you do.
*Has a small compartment on the back for storage which is really nice for little stops at the grocery store.
*Really easy to switch between stroller and bike trailer.

Con:
*There is no brake on it. It does have a wrist strap but I was a little baffled that there is no sort of break. I had it roll away from me a few times (child not inside of course). I plan on calling the company and trying to see if there is a solution.
*Not much padding on the seat but I don't think the other ones have that much either.
*Not the smoothest (no suspension) ride over gravel, but still not to bad.
*Seat does not recline

Bottom line, I have friends that have a few of the other brands, and they are nice, but this is great if you want a versatile piece of equipment at a fraction of the cost. My son (almost 2) really loves it! He crawls in it all the time and I think he feels like it is his own little room. He cries every time I take him out. I gave it 4 stars mostly for the brake issue.

Le Creuset Signature Phenolic Large Knob
Le Creuset Signature Phenolic Large Knob
Price: $14.95
8 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than the one that broke!, September 15, 2013
I purchased this to replace a top for an older pot that broke while we were moving. I have to say that this one is way better! It does not get hot like my other one did which is so helpful when I forget to grab a oven mitt when removing the top. I like also that it is has a little more material on the top which makes it easier to grab.

Lonely Planet Germany (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Germany (Travel Guide)
by Ryan Ver Berkmoes
Price: $18.94
100 used & new from $11.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Great travel book!, August 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We just moved to The Netherlands and I thought this would be the perfect book for traveling since we live right next to Germany. It is very well organized by region which is really helpful. I really like the first section that gave your recommended trips based on your amount of time. I also really like that for some of the major cities it has a whole section for discovering the city with kids, which is helpful for my 5 year old and 2 year old. I just recently used this to plan our road trip and all the hotel info and major sights to see was really awesome. I can't wait to update this review soon after our road trip! Lonely Planet is probably one of the best travel books out there. The maps are great with the sights, hotels, and restaurants all labeled. The country information section is also really helpful!

BRICA Seat Guardian Car Seat Protector
BRICA Seat Guardian Car Seat Protector
Price: $27.49
18 used & new from $27.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid Seat Cover, August 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a high quality seat cover that will definitely keep your seats protected. I liked that you can adjust the backing for the different configurations of the carseat (forward or backwards). I also liked that the bottom was a firm where some others are not. The downside to the firm bottom is that there can be problems if the bottom part does not fit your seat correctly. I have a GMC Acadia and the bottom part of the protector is too big for the seat itself, causing problems with buckling the seat belt and latches which is the sole reason I gave this 3 stars. I have used other brands that fit much better and protect the seat just as much.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2013 10:48 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13