Profile for John B. Moss > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John B. Moss RSS Feed (Moyie Springs, ID USA)

Why do we like thin-skinned watermelons but not thin-skinned people?
Why do we like thin-skinned watermelons but not thin-skinned people?
by Allan Bopp
Price: $7.95
18 used & new from $5.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning: This book cannot be read quickly, March 13, 2014
This was a thought provoking experience for me, and I had to read a page or two then just think about what I'd been asked. If you are honest with yourself, you'll spend some time thinking about the various questions posed and, if you're like me, you'll stop reading the questions and ponder your answers. This takes time, and I mean quality time. The questions are good, and perhaps we don't think out of the box as often as we should.

Quite frankly, after reading the book I don't intend to put it on the bookshelf and forget it. Rather, I plan to leave it laying on the coffee table so that I, and whoever stops by for a visit, can pick it back up and revisit some of these thoughts. There are enough areas in our life that need examining to ensure that this book will provide a positive reminder of what they are, and maybe how we could be finding ways to put them in a positive perspective. Thinking takes time: do not rush through this book. I hope you enjoy the experience as much as I did!

Gourmet Mint Chocolate Chips for Baking (11 oz)
Gourmet Mint Chocolate Chips for Baking (11 oz)

5.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate Mint - Flavor comes through, November 6, 2010
I like chocolate, and I like chocolate mint, but was afraid the mint flavor would be lost in baking. It wasn't (though it is mild, the mint flavor is there). If you're like me, you'll appreciate this alternative to 'chocolate chip cookies'. Caution: don't add a competing flavor to your cookie dough, such as butterscotch or cinnamon - let each flavor stand on it's own merits!

Cinnamon Burst Chips
Cinnamon Burst Chips

4.0 out of 5 stars Quantity AND Quality, November 6, 2010
This review is from: Cinnamon Burst Chips (Misc.)
I like the cinnamon chips, but I was confused I guess as to what the quantity ordered was: 3 lbs or 12 0z? Quite a difference, and yet I suppose for the price the quantity/quality was reasonable. Just not the quantity I THOUGHT was being advertised.

Cafix All-Natural Instant Beverage, 7.05-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6)
Cafix All-Natural Instant Beverage, 7.05-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6)
Price: $45.50
15 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Replaces coffee nicely, April 7, 2010
Rather than my usual morning cup of coffee, I was looking for something that would satisfy my taste for coffee and this product does that nicely! A hot cup of Cafix tastes good, and has the additional benefit of not leaving me with a desire for 'another cup'. One is sufficient to satisfy my desire for the hot cup of coffee, and (as it turns out) one a day is plenty for me. I enjoy Cafix, and no longer drink either tea or coffee. This is a great replacement drink, since it does taste good all on its own - I never think about coffee any more. Plus - big bonus - the price for the quantity gives a cost savings over in-store purchases!

SSI Mini Hearing Enhancement System with 5 Levels of Volume Control (Batteries Included)
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I cannot afford $!500 hearing aids, March 21, 2010
Because I cannot afford expensive hearing aids, I looked at this product as an alternative to paying so much money. I read the other reviews here, and I realize there are those that may have had a bad model delivered to them. I also realize that there are those that expect to get $1500 quality for $10 - sigh! My expectations (and needs) are met with this device. Yes, the background noise can be annoying (if conversation isn't important at that point, I can turn the device off). Yes, I can hear succinctly when someone is speaking - which is why I need the amplifier. No, this won't 'correct' any medical/physical impairment - but as I say, the alternative of paying for expensive hearing aids is not tenable.

Did I talk about appearance? Vanity is not something I worry about. The ear device is obvious. If you will forgive me a bad haircut or other element of my appearance I'm sure you will overlook what I must appear like when wearing one of these devices. It doesn't look bad - and it is not invisible. For invisibility, you pay $1500 and people STILL see you are wearing a hearing device. I am wearing mine as I type, and simply hearing the click of the keys is a comfort to me, something I miss entirely when I have the device removed or turned off.

Comfort? I don't feel the device on my ear, and sometimes have to clap my hands or snap my fingers to make a sound to see if it is there. When I reach up and touch my ear to check the same thing, I'm pleased to find it there. Comfort is NOT an issue for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2012 6:08 PM PDT

Lexmark Prospect Pro205 Wireless Multifunction Inkjet Printer
Lexmark Prospect Pro205 Wireless Multifunction Inkjet Printer
Offered by NAIRI SYSTEMS INC.
Price: $195.00
12 used & new from $62.25

5.0 out of 5 stars What a DEAL!, November 9, 2009
I have been an HP Printer user for over 15 years; I had tried other brands (not Lexmark) and kept going back to HP. This Lexmark Pro205 blew me away! I use it as a wireless device, connected via my router. That's convenient, but the performance and quality are remarkable! So, too, was the support I received when I had questions regarding how to connect to my router. The support technician was quick to answer the phone, was knowledgeable and courteous, and got me up and running immediately!

I love the duplex printing. I am enjoying a fast scan, fast copy, fast fax, fast printing.

But...
...the print cartridges cost as much as the printer. It just so happens that, with use, the ink runs out. And a set of replacement ink cartrdges run pretty close to the cost of the printer itself!

I am not anxious to try other brands of ink, because I don't want to risk a warranty violation. But I would encourage Lexmark to rethink their pricing policy, because the ink cost is the only detrimental aspect of using this printer. As I say, it doesn't matter whether you get 250 sheets, or 1,250 sheets of printed output; eventually, your ink will be used up, and then you have to (in effect) buy another printer. This is the only bad thing here, and I know the same complaint can be made for other printer brands.

Bottom line: the expense of ink cartridges (black + cyan + magenta + yellow = approx. $100 for 1 of each (4 cartridges)) is pretty steep! Other than that, I LOVE THIS PRINTER!
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2014 10:44 PM PDT

The Order of Things: Hierarchies, Structures, and Pecking Orders
The Order of Things: Hierarchies, Structures, and Pecking Orders
by Barbara Ann Kipfer
Price: $8.81
137 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A List Apart, May 4, 2009
The Order of Things: Hierarchies, Structures, and Pecking Orders - this book is organized by topic (The Earth, The Natural World, The Arts, Sports and Recreation, to name a few) and an Index is provided.

This book provides a serendipitous reference for browsing. There is a LOT of material covered in this book, but it is NOT an encyclopedia. The author has provided an admirable compilation of lists on a huge variety of topics as organized in the Table of Contents, and as such makes this book a welcome reference source for thousands of hard-to-find facts.

Use this book as a reference while enjoying its contents. I do.

Celtic Crossover
Celtic Crossover
9 used & new from $1.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, reflective, charmed!, October 13, 2001
This review is from: Celtic Crossover (Audio CD)
The interplay of several different musical instruments (fiddle, mandolin, fife, vocal) is blended skillfully in tunes of celtic origin. I was at times inspired (Fiddler's Green, Jig of Slurs), and placed into a revery of slef-relection (The Ash Grove), and totally charmed (Donald MgGilavry, Patrick Street)! You'll enjoy this album if you've got an ounce of the Celt in you - and even if you don't, you'll find yourself smiling, humming, tapping your feet... I did, anyway!