Profile for Cathy Olic > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cathy Olic RSS Feed

The Everything Learning German Book: Speak, write, and understand basic German in no time
by Edward Swick
Price: $15.60
78 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book! Fun too!, July 13, 2015
This book is really helpful. It is a great supplement especially with immersion software. It takes over where immersion software leaves off i.e. the written language.Easy and fun reading. I am glad I purchased this book. You will not go wrong by it.

Langenscheidt's Pocket German Dictionary (German and German Edition)
Langenscheidt's Pocket German Dictionary (German and German Edition)
by Langenscheidt Publishers
91 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have to expand your German vocabulary., July 13, 2015
This is a small but full book. Easy to use and carry around. great for expanding your German vocabulary.

Rick Steves' German Phrase Book and Dictionary
Rick Steves' German Phrase Book and Dictionary
by Rick Steves
45 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great little book, June 16, 2015
This is a great little book. It is small enough to fit in your back pocket yet the printing is easy to see and read. It is fun and organized in a simple manner. You will not go wrong purchasing this book. It will help you speak German phrases quite easily. I purchased this book to enhance my desire to learn the German language in a way that I can create phrases easily and have a handy dictionary to broaden my vocabulary.

Catholic Prayer Book for Children
Catholic Prayer Book for Children
by Julianne M. Will
Price: $3.14
117 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for any age, June 2, 2009
This book is obviously geared toward children but I found it helpful as an adult too. Great to have for youngsters!

Pocket Dictionary of Saints: Revised Edition
Pocket Dictionary of Saints: Revised Edition
by John Delaney
79 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Nifty Information, June 2, 2009
This book captures many saints that I have never heard of. It also captures the saints that I have heard of. The descriptions are brief but give you a pretty good idea about the person and how they became a saint. This book is good for general information or curiosity about the saints. This book does not go into great detail of even the more popular saints. It is a handy, quick reference guide to have around.

The How-To Book of the Bible: Everything You Need to Know But No One Ever Taught You (How-To Books)
by Karl A. Schultz
Price: $13.25
57 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Boy, this really helped me {:^), April 30, 2009
This book helped me get past the daunting task of opening the Bible. I know I sound lame but as a Catholic, I had no idea how or where to start.

This book helped me get the dust off the Good Book and start to read it.

I would recommend this book to any Catholic or even non-Catholic for great advice on where to start, how to absorb and synthesis its contents, and live out the message.

A very good book that gently guides you through the Bible.

The How-To Book of the Mass: Everything You Need to Know but No One Ever Taught You
by Michael A. Dubruiel
Price: $10.19
94 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! The title says it all...., April 28, 2009
I am a cradle Catholic and found this book to be very helpful at explaining the Catholic Mass. I no longer ask "Why do we do that?"

I read this book cover to cover and enjoyed it very much. It is easy to read and is organized thoughtfully inline with each step of the Mass.

This book takes you step by step through the Catholic Mass. Along the way, it suggests ways to help you maintain focus while praying. It gives very good insight about the different aspects of the Mass.

FYI, I enjoyed this book so much, I purchased the other three "How to" books - on Catholic Devotions..., read the Bible..., and the Sacramentals...

If you are new to the Catholic faith or are considering a return, consider my humble opinion about this book and the others.

I found all of these books very resourceful, useful, and interesting.

Each book is a gem. They will help you understand and guide you with your Catholic faith.

Understanding Catholicism
Understanding Catholicism
by Monika K. Hellwig
Price: $12.62
82 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Written for Academia?, December 28, 2008
The author's audience seems to be those in academia. I found this book hard to read because the author did not spur or hold my interest. Her references require the reader to pick up another book to see what she is refering to - Such as the Chatechism of the Catholic Church or the Bible. You must have a good understanding of both books to understand her viewpiont. Honestly, I found this book to be quite dull.
I will give the book the benefit of the doubt and I will re-read this book again another day. I admit, I came away with a couple of nuggets of informtaion that will be useful in my journey.