Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for A. Kim > Reviews

Browse

A. Kim's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Kim RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA USA)

Goodyear Eagle LS-2 Radial Tire - 225/50R18 94T
Goodyear Eagle LS-2 Radial Tire - 225/50R18 94T
Price: $108.08
18 used & new from $49.46

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away., September 10, 2015
Horrible tires. Even with AWD, they have almost no traction. Because of these tires, my traction control system is working overtime to try and figure out what wheel, if any, has available traction. I can't imagine how terrible these tires would be on a FWD or RWD car. In wet weather, I considered myself lucky to get more than 100 yards before hydroplaning.

I got myself a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports and the car is completely changed. I have much more stability on the road, a smoother and quieter ride, and better braking performance. For your own sake, stay away from these death circles. If you must have all season tires, it's definitely worth spending a little more to get a good set of tires. These will only kill you.

Arrow Men's Wrinkle Free Sateen Solid Long Sleeve, White, 17.5 - 34/35
Arrow Men's Wrinkle Free Sateen Solid Long Sleeve, White, 17.5 - 34/35

2.0 out of 5 stars Find a tailor, September 3, 2012
The fabric's nice, but I swear the shirt was made for the morbidly obese. My tailor could possibly make another shirt using the excess fabric. I'm not excessively skinny or anything, but the chest alone had an extra two feet of fabric. My waist is measured at a 34, but the shirt could easily fit someone with a 56. I am not impressed by the enabling of obesity this product signifies.

CompTIA A+ Certification Practice Exams (Exams 220-701 & 220-702) (Certification Press)
by James Pyles
40 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, March 14, 2012
A lot of the questions' "answers" are just plain wrong, as noted by other reviewers. For example, in Chapter 4, the answer key claims you need a special adapter to use an SSD with a SATA interface. This is just plain wrong. I don't know of a single consumer-grade SSD that doesn't use standard SATA ports, and none of my four SSDs has required any special equipment. Don't bother with this book, it's a waste of time and a waste of money.

ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 - AM3 - AMD 880G - DDR3 - USB 3.0 SATA 6 Gb/s - ATX Motherboard

4.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid quality, Decent overclocker, April 4, 2011
I've been using this board with a 1055T for about 3 months now, and this review will be geared more towards the enthusiast. I've pushed this board relatively hard now, and will impart some of my experiences.

First, the pros. Build quality is amazing. The layout is fairly well done, with minor considerations. The BIOS is simple and easy, as to be expected with an ASUS board. It's handled my G.Skill Ripjaws X sticks just fine, and handled my Corsair Vengeance sticks when I had them (clearance issues with CPU cooler forced me to sell them). Picked up settings and ran at full stock settings (1600MHz, 9-9-9-24-27) at first boot. Overall, a great board for standard builds. I've achieved 3.9GHz on my 1055T, but hit some issues, which brings me to the next part.

The cons. Unfortunately, there are a few of them. I'll start with the minor stuff. The PATA port is largely vestigial in modern builds (especially for a motherboard of this caliber) and I'd rather not have to deal with it. Apparently two of the SATA ports ONLY run in IDE mode. ONE more SATA port would have been amazing for my build, and seeing how the "lower end" boards have 6, I don't see why ASUS couldn't have added one and just ditched PATA entirely. The design of the heatsinks is questionable in effectiveness, and I think performance would have been better with a more traditional heatsink design. This is accentuated by the fact that my power MOSFETs are overheating and throttling my CPU if I go above 3.9GHz, where I would need ~1.475v on my VCORE. Without LLC, VDROOP is ridiculous (set at ~1.46v, drops to a range of 1.39v - 1.42v) and with LLC, it boosts WAY too high (set at 1.40v, climbs to 1.50v without fail, even on stock clock). At best, it seems the heatsinks will do well with a stock AMD cooler, but will do terribly with any aftermarket tower coolers.

So, in summary, this is a good, reliable board that will work for 99% of builds. It will not, however, satisfy the enthusiast overclocker. I feel that having a simple heat pipe between the MOSFET sink and the NB sink would alleviate the temperature issues, but I guess it's too late for that. If you're looking to overclock on any large scale, don't cheap out; go for an M4A89GTD or Crosshair, and you'll likely find things much easier. I give it 4 stars, as the big problems are my own fault, but the minor problems are stupidly annoying. I should mention I'm planning on moving to a Crosshair IV Formula.

System:
Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 1GB w/ Gelid Icy Vision
Antec CP-850
Kingston 128GB V-Series SSD
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

SilverStone Technology 3.5-Inch to 2 X 2.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive HDD / SSD Bay Converter, Silver (SDP08)
Offered by Ventura Buy
Price: $7.99
22 used & new from $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, works., February 5, 2011
That's all there is to it. It's simple, and works. Has threaded holes in all the right places, so is effectively universal without needing any special designs. Screw your 2.5" in, then treat the mount like any other 3.5" HDD.

Antec CP-850 850 Watt CPX SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS Modular Power Supply
Antec CP-850 850 Watt CPX SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS Modular Power Supply

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PSU, make sure you have the right case, February 5, 2011
This is a great PSU, with the same high quality construction I've come to expect from Antec. The one thing to remember is that it ONLY fits properly in certain Antec cases. The main ones would be the Antec 1200, P183, P193, and DF-85. It has nice, long cables for very clean wire tucks in said cases, and comes with plenty of cabling. Also, note there are several cables directly attached to the unit, and not everything is modular. I only needed one extra cable attached, mostly for fans. If you're looking to buy a 1200, P183, P193, or DF-85, you seriously cannot beat this unit or its big brother, the CP-1000. Just stay away if you have another case, as it WILL NOT FIT.

Something else to note: I think the 120mm fan on it can be removed. Not sure how complicated this might be, but it seems like a possibility.

System:
Antec P193
ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @ 3.5GHz w/ Mugen 2
8GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill Ripjaws X
ATi Radeon HD 5870 1GB
128GB Kingston SSD (boot)
1TB WD Caviar Black (storage)
Antec CP-850

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor (HDT55TFBGRBOX)
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor (HDT55TFBGRBOX)
8 used & new from $85.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for what you CAN get, January 23, 2011
Performance out of the box isn't the best, but definitely enough to do anything you need to. With the right motherboard, can be ridiculously easy to overclock. Took it to 3.5GHz stable in less than 3 hours, including testing in between steps. Once cooling is finished, I'll be taking it to 4.0GHz, maybe even above!

If you do OC, get another cooler. Other than that, great bang for your buck, and no need to step up to a 1075T.

Antec P193 Advanced Super Mid Tower Shell Case
Antec P193 Advanced Super Mid Tower Shell Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, but HUGE, January 23, 2011
This case a great buy for someone who wants a relatively simple exterior design with plenty of options inside. Cable management options are pretty good, although I wouldn't mind a few extra holes cut in the motherboard tray for those of us without eATX motherboards. That being said, this case is HUGE. Make sure you get a power supply with nice, long cables. I recommend the Antec CP series as they were made for this case and others, and are great quality.

As big as it is, watch out with some parts. A Scythe Mugen II will just barely fit and will touch the side panel, just above the fan cutout.

The fans it comes with can get a little loud, so consider swapping them for more quiet fans. I'm running all Cooler Master R4 series and the computer's dead silent (although I'm running a slightly altered fan direction setup than stock).

Design really isn't all that tool-less, as you need to screw in the brackets for the 5.25" bays, and screw in hard drives and SSD's to either slide out trays or into the cages themselves. Still very convenient, and just working with a DVD drive and the two brackets can be much easier than trying to hold the drive up in the cage while screwing it in with the other hand.

One thing to note: The case door's lock is absolutely useless. Previous cases in the Performance One series had a flaw where someone could easily peel back the door, and it would bend back just enough to push the power button. But, people probably wouldn't do it unless they knew the case already. With this case, the power and reset buttons and clearly visible through some of the holes in the front of the case, and can easily be pressed even with the fattest of fingers. Hell, sometimes I get lazy and just press the power button through the hole in the door.

Overall, this is a great case with great features, even if it's lacking some forethought in some areas. If you like the looks, get it! You'll enjoy working with this guy.