Profile for R. D. Snyder > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. D. Snyder RSS Feed (Yellow Springs, Ohio)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Johnson, Wilko - Live At Koko
Johnson, Wilko - Live At Koko
DVD ~ Norman Watt-Roy, Dylan Howe Wilko Johnson
Price: $17.23
31 used & new from $12.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilko's going out on a high, May 17, 2014
We should all be so lucky! And with the Roger Daltrey CD, he's gotten a second act worth waiting for. Dying while we're happy and productive isn't an irony, it's the best way out.

Kronos Quartet Performs Philip Glass
Kronos Quartet Performs Philip Glass
20 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinking man's chamber music, May 17, 2014
I have a wonderful space in the family home that's all my own. I sometimes call it my "office," which it is, and sometimes my "treehouse." I seem to specialize in "chamber jazz" for its soundtrack. I've always had my own alternate universe of music, but now I'm a senior citizen, and need something a little more mellow. This fits the bill perfectly!

Waxed Cotton Canvas Cap - Tan Brown OSFM
Waxed Cotton Canvas Cap - Tan Brown OSFM
Offered by e4Hats
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for a trip to Ireland., May 17, 2014
It's just right — except that the bill is more curved than shown — and it's an irregular curve. I'll have to mess with it to get it right! But a water resistant cap in a nice color combo is very welcome!

Infinite Search - Miroslav Vitous
Infinite Search - Miroslav Vitous
Offered by IMS Distribution
Price: $15.58
26 used & new from $4.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Still vibrant after all these years, May 17, 2014
Bought this as a new LP. Nice package for fine musicianship! Still sounds relevant to these ears. Miroslav started well!

Blow-Up
Blow-Up
Offered by MEGA Media
Price: $22.36
12 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars You've seen the movie ..., May 17, 2014
This review is from: Blow-Up (Audio CD)
Blow-Up is one of those iconic movies that seemed important to me from the git-go. I've always considered it a favorite. It may have to do with being a college kid in the '60s. But I had never bought the soundtrack — though I've had the DVD for years. Now I do. I ran out of excuses. It's good! If you like the movie — if it's "important" to you — you must have the soundtrack as well. An then more Herbie Hancock!

Dockers Men's Stand Collar Zip Front, Black, Medium
Dockers Men's Stand Collar Zip Front, Black, Medium
Price: $63.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I guess it's the fashion, May 17, 2014
This is another clothing item I've bought that is "restrictive" in its fit. Look at the photo, it gives that slim appearance, but I'm a relatively slim person (for being middle aged anyway). Bring back some roominess, please! Anyway, nice style and fabric (though I'd like a few more (probably hidden) pockets to carry my stuff.

Rockport Men's Adventure Ready Mid Boot,Dark Brown,10 M US
Rockport Men's Adventure Ready Mid Boot,Dark Brown,10 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for., February 20, 2014
Much better for the winter than my previous boots. These are waterproof and have a sole tread design that's effective in the snow and slick.

Live In Japan '65
Live In Japan '65
Price: $18.78
29 used & new from $6.73

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only owned two Ventures CDs ..., April 16, 2013
This review is from: Live In Japan '65 (Audio CD)
I'm beginning to think that if you only owned two Ventures CDs, this one, "Live In Japan '65," and "Walk Don't Run" would be the ones to get. The former has the raw energy, and the latter, the pristine studio hits -- and many of them. What more could you want?

Walk Don't Run: The Best of the Ventures
Walk Don't Run: The Best of the Ventures
Price: $9.48
69 used & new from $3.77

5.0 out of 5 stars If you owned just two Ventures CDs ..., April 16, 2013
I'm beginning to think that if you only owned two Ventures CDs, this one, "Walk Don't Run," and "Live In Japan '65" would be the ones to get. The former has the studio hits -- and many of them -- and the latter has something closer to raw energy. What more could you want?

Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari, and Their Battle for Speed and Glory at Le Mans
Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari, and Their Battle for Speed and Glory at Le Mans
by A. J. Baime
Price: $11.35
71 used & new from $7.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Goes down smooth!, August 18, 2010
I began this book after I finished the Phil Hill biography, "Yankee Champion." The Hill biography was good, but not much more than the accurate reporting of every one of his races. "Go Like Hell" is so much more, and features Hill (of course) to boot! It approaches the subject of the Ford-Ferrari "Battle" logically, throughly and full of insight. You are exposed to so much more than you expect -- in a book that's hard to put down. Certainly one of the motor-head classics.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4