Profile for Sharon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sharon "veggie mom" RSS Feed (Boston, MA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Graco Affix Youth Booster Seat with Latch System, Atomic
Graco Affix Youth Booster Seat with Latch System, Atomic
Offered by Direct Home Online
Price: $80.97
24 used & new from $55.71

3.0 out of 5 stars so that's a disappointment. (To be clear, November 18, 2014
It's an ok booster. I bought it for the LATCH feature, since we keep one in my husband's car and it's mostly unoccupied and I wanted it secured so it wouldn't move around while he's driving. But, as many other reviewers have pointed out, the LATCH mechanism is faulty. It loosens on one side, so that one side of the seat can pull 4 inches or so away from the seat of the car, while the other side stays firmly in place. Regardless of whether this is a safety issue or not (no one can seem to agree on it), it's an obvious defect. I don't use the LATCH strap as a result, which is the main reason I chose this seat over other seats, so that's a disappointment. (To be clear, the LATCH on this seat is only for keeping the seat in place, NOT for protecting the child - the child is restrained by the car's seat belt only. It is perfectly safe (possibly safer) to use this seat WITHOUT the LATCH feature, but then what is the point of the feature??)

One other concern is that the shoulder strap of the seat belt wiggles its way out of the shoulder guide of this seat constantly. We have to re-thread it every 3 or 4 trips. It's a pain to have to be checking that all the time.

Anemone Women's Cozy Winter Fleece Lined Seamless Leggings,One Size,Dark Green
Anemone Women's Cozy Winter Fleece Lined Seamless Leggings,One Size,Dark Green
Offered by Cambridge Select
Price: $11.13
3 used & new from $5.00

1.0 out of 5 stars the SMELL!!!!!!!!!!!!, November 18, 2014
These leggings are soft and probably warm, but I sent them back because of the horrific chemical smell. They smelled like gasoline. I hung them outside to off-gas but it didn't help. There's no way I'd put this chemically-saturated fabric on my skin, or contribute to the demand for something that is undoubtedly dangerous for those who work in the factories where these are made. Cuddl Duds makes a fleece legging that's much stretchier (no crotch droop) and doesn't smell. Pricier, but you get what you pay for.

Felt Pirate Eye Patches 1 Dozen
Felt Pirate Eye Patches 1 Dozen
Offered by Kiwi Product
Price: $5.10
21 used & new from $1.95

2.0 out of 5 stars too flimsy, November 18, 2014
Bought these for a birthday party, and most of them were broken in the first 30 minutes. The felt is very flimsy, and the holes for the elastic are punched too close to the edge of the patch. Some of them broke when they kids were trying to put them on. Cute idea, but not very effective.

25 Soy Tealights Unscented Clear Cup Candles by Soyworx Tea Light
25 Soy Tealights Unscented Clear Cup Candles by Soyworx Tea Light
Offered by Soyworx
Price: $16.99
3 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Love these tealights, November 18, 2014
Love these tealights. I use them for meditation, and they are perfect because they are unscented and produce no noticeable smoke or soot. Each candle lasts for hours.

The only improvement I would make is to make the little plastic cup recyclable. I hate throwing them in the garbage.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2014 5:01 AM PST

Back-Up by Nada Chair - Black
Back-Up by Nada Chair - Black
Offered by Pro Therapy Supplies
Price: $59.75
10 used & new from $54.24

3.0 out of 5 stars so this may be worse for me than it would be for someone else, November 18, 2014
This offers some lumbar support, but at the expense of circulation in the legs. My legs fall asleep and my hips cramp up if I use this for more than 10 minutes or so. I have extraordinarily low blood pressure, so this may be worse for me than it would be for someone else. But the seat holds the back up by pulling the knees back and out (so if your back pain comes from tight hip flexors and thigh abductors, resulting in an anterior tilt of the pelvis, this seat actually makes it WORSE in the long run). This is an interesting idea, but definitely won't work for everyone.

Pirate Adventure 100 Piece Puzzle

Cute, well-made.

Kirtan Kids
Kirtan Kids
Price: $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars My son and I love to sing and dance to this album, November 18, 2014
This review is from: Kirtan Kids (MP3 Music)
My son and I love to sing and dance to this album. We usually skip the stories because he'd rather dance than listen to a story, but the stories might be nice sometime in the future. The songs are cute, catchy, and feature layered instrumentation that offers kids an opportunity to start parsing out elements of music. Highly recommend.

Stolen Stegosaurus (Paleojoe's Dinosaur Detective Club)
Stolen Stegosaurus (Paleojoe's Dinosaur Detective Club)
by Joseph J. Kchodl
Price: $7.95
101 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars My son and I LOVE these Dinosaur Detective books, November 18, 2014
My son and I LOVE these Dinosaur Detective books. They combine interesting plot twists, dynamic and diverse characters, and lots of information about prehistoric creatures and paleontology. The only thing I found a little lacking in this one was Dakota's processing after he was essentially kidnapped and at real risk for physical harm. Afterward, it's like, Oh, he's ok, let's move on with the story. The kids are young, and throughout this series they get into some serious situations, and I think it's doing the readers a disservice not to adequately treat the trauma experienced by these well-loved characters. This is especially true in some of the later titles.

One star deduction because of various typos and grammatical and spelling errors and formatting inconsistencies the publisher should have caught.

Kidswitch Light Switch Extender- 3 Pack
Kidswitch Light Switch Extender- 3 Pack
Offered by MetaRetail
Price: $24.95
2 used & new from $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Because everyone should be able to turn on the light when they need to!, November 18, 2014
Such a no-brainer of a product, I wish I had found this sooner. It takes two minutes to install, and grants late-night bathroom independence to the smallest members of the family. I'm all for anything that empowers the little ones, and this is a simple, high-impact way to do that. Highly recommend.

Robokid Programmable Disc Shooting Electric RC Robot
Robokid Programmable Disc Shooting Electric RC Robot
Offered by Bo Toys and Gifts
Price: $29.95
11 used & new from $16.08

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, November 18, 2014
AWFUL. Ours only worked for about 15 minutes, and never shot any of the foam disks. Complete disaster.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5