Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Carol T. > Reviews

Browse

Carol T.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 1839
Top Reviewer Ranking: 299

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Carol T. RSS Feed (New York City)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Oval Makeup Brush Set by Elirona - 10 Pcs Professional Super Soft Oval Toothbrush Makeup Brushes Set Foundation Brushes Contour Powder Blush Conceler Brush Makeup Cosmetic Tool Set
Offered by Elirona
Price: $62.99

4.0 out of 5 stars There is a bit of a learning curve with these but then they are amazing, June 25, 2016
This set of makeup brushes is very different than I have tried in the past. They took some getting used to (holding, maneuvering) because handling them for application is so different than regular makeup brushes. These are called toothbrush style.

The set contains 10 brushes that have very dense hair – the tops are like velvet. There are no strays whatsoever and the handles are flexible and unbreakable. I have tried the larger brushes for mineral foundation, bronzer and blush and the smaller brushes for eye makeup. It did take some practice with these when first starting out because these are so different.

I just want to say that for eye makeup in particular, these are really nice because they require some pressure to use and the makeup tends to stay put and can be contoured a little bit better. Now that I have practiced for a few weeks, I can say I really love these.

Don’t be discouraged with these. I was a bit skeptical about them at first and didn’t really like them the first day I got them. But now, I really like them and I can see how then work better than standard brushes. And my makeup seems to last longer.

Evaline Extra Thick High Anti-Slip Density Anti-Tear Exercise Foam Yoga Mat
Evaline Extra Thick High Anti-Slip Density Anti-Tear Exercise Foam Yoga Mat
Offered by Free-bird
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, June 25, 2016
This is my first yoga mat and I have been using it at home as well as taking it to a class. Because I use this on hardwood at home, I am very happy to say that this does not slip at all. It stays where you put it. The other thing about this that I love is that when you unroll it, the edges lie flat without rolling under (or over). The mats at the yoga place always need something like yoga bricks on the ends to keep them flat.

The thickness of this is nice and there is give to this so that there is some shock absorption. I like that I can roll it up and it fits back into its carrying sleeve easily. This can also be washed off after use.

Very nice, easy to carry around in the included sleeve and comes in nice colors.

Comment Comment | Permalink

5 Pairs Toe Yoga Pilates Socks Non Slip Skid Barre Sock with Grips for Women & Men
Offered by Laviesimple direct
Price: $45.99

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality AND comfortable, June 25, 2016
I have never been a fan of toe socks until I tried these. What I’ve tried in the past had odd toes to them. They weren’t adjusted for toe length like these are – these are more contoured to match a natural foot shape. When the toes don’t stretch or match the foot shape, you are left with uncomfortable looseness at the top. The toes on this look small on the sock, but when they are on, they fit like a glove and are so comfortable.

The content of these is 90% cotton, 8% spandex, 2% elastic. The top is open so that your foot breathes and the bottom has rubber (silicone) dots so you don’t slip. You really don’t slip, even on a yoga mat. Definitely no slipping on a floor. And good stretchiness.

Everything about these is nice. The knit is really thick cotton blend and the toes, though not reinforced, seem very solid. They will eventually rip from use, but not anytime soon, in my opinion.

I washed thee in the washer but hung them to dry to extend the life of the dots.

Bistar Galaxy BBP117 Walking Dead Rucksack Bag for Teenage boys Backpack Yellow
Bistar Galaxy BBP117 Walking Dead Rucksack Bag for Teenage boys Backpack Yellow
Offered by Bistar Galaxy (USA) Mall
Price: $71.43
2 used & new from $41.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorful, durable, well-made, comfortable, roomy, fun - the whole package, June 24, 2016
I really wasn’t sure how much I would like this backpack when it was offered to me. But I am pleasantly surprised. I was thinking I’d make it into an emergency bag for the car but now that I have it, I really love it. The images on the product page don’t do this pack justice. At all.

First the color is more subtle in person – less fluorescent, which I like. Second, the large zipper and super large zipper pull on this are really interesting and very stylish. I have not seen one like this ever. AND, it fits my 15.5 inch laptop in it with room to spare. Honestly, for me, the zombie graphic isn’t really the biggest thing – this bag is the whole package.

The fabric is nice and heavy – a polyester fabric that is supposedly eco-friendly but no specific information is given about that. I mean, I won’t be tossing this into a landfill anytime soon so… I don’t think water will seep into this if it rains. It measures in at around 12” by 18” with about 7” of expansion in the main compartment.

There are several additional compartments. There’s one on the front, two side pockets and an additional three secret pockets including a large one at the back of the main compartment. The straps are padded and comfortable and seem to be staying put.

I won’t say how old I am except that I am decades (cough cough) out of the teen years and I LOVE this backpack. And not just because I’m a fan of The Walking Dead. This really is a nice bag.

Comment Comment | Permalink

YANIBEST 100% Pure Natural Mulberry Silk Pillowcase for Hair & Facial Beauty Queen Standard Size, Pillow Shams Cover with Hidden Zipper (navy blue)
Offered by YANIBEST.CO.,LTD
Price: $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable to sleep on, hypoallergenic, June 24, 2016
I have a few of these mulberry silk pillowcases. This color is my favorite so far. I didn’t know a lot about mulberry silk before I received these but in doing research I learned that mulberry silk is the highest quality silk because the silk worms are fed only mulberry leaves, which make their cocoons pure white with longer strands that are spun into the silk fiber. When the fibers are woven and dyed, they are more consistent in color. The mulberry is silk is naturally hypoallergenic so people who have allergies might think about trying these out.

With these pillowcases, you no longer have fabric creases in you face when you wake up and if you are too hot, these will wick away sweat and dry quickly. The no fabric wrinkle claim is true, by the way, which makes me happy because the cotton creases in my face take forever to come out.

This fits a standard/queen pillow perfectly. It has a zippered closure that is invisible and stays closed. Well-made, nice tight seams, good finishing.

When you first take this out, it will be wrinkly but you can spritz it with some water and hang it and it will smooth out. If you wash this in a washing machine, make sure to put it in a mesh bag. I hand washed this and the color bled ever so slightly.

I love this along with all of the other mulberry silk cases I have.

I received a free or low-cost sample in exchange for my honest review.

X-Sense Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale with Step-On Technology & Wide Rounded Edge Tempered Glass Platform, Large Backlit Display, Blue
Offered by Avantek
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $35.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic scale, June 24, 2016
This is a pretty good digital scale. You have the option to weigh yourself in pounds or kilos. This takes 2 AA batteries (not included) to run and looks nice in the blue color. Also, it’s low to the ground so you can easily slip it under a cabinet – I can slip it under a little cabinet in my bathroom when not in use.

I weighed a bunch of things (aside from myself), two 10-lb weights, a bunch of cans stacked on it and a large box I was shipping (when I went to the post office, it was the same). But those are all small items (this weighs items from 11 – 400 pounds). When I weighed myself and then weighed myself at the doctor’s office to compare, It was about 8 lbs less than what the doctor’s office scale said. So I’m not sure whose scale is correct. I mean I’m happy I’m less on this but…

The screen on this is very easy to read and it will also let you know if the batteries need to be replaced. The surface of this is really nice – impact resistant tempered glass – and feels good barefoot. I clean it with Windex.

This is a nice basic scale that will give you your weight but it won’t do anything special like BMI or any of the other special things some of the digital scales do nowadays. But it's still nice.

I received a free or low-cost sample in exchange for my honest review.

ThermoPro TP05 Digital BBQ Grilling Meat Cooking Thermometer Fork for Barbeque Grill
Offered by i-Tronics
Price: $29.99
11 used & new from $14.39

4.0 out of 5 stars A different type of grilling thermometer, June 24, 2016
I like that this thermometer is an actual meat fork. It has a nice build quality and feels ergonomic in the hand during use. It’s slightly longer than a standard kitchen fork at 16 inches but maybe a little bit shorter than a typical grilling fork, but it’s long enough to prevent burns from the grill.

So, on to the fork function. The fork comes with 2 AAA batteries and it’s in two pieces that snap together. The fork has copper prongs that, at least I think, give a good reading but the readings seem to take a little bit longer than other thermometers. It’s not like I’m in a rush or anything but I just mention it as an observation – that might be important for some people. I did a measurement between this and another thermometer I know is accurate and they were within one degree of each other (but they were stabbed in two separate sections so a degree or two is no biggie, at least I don’t think so). But the fork definitely took significantly longer to read the meat.

The buttons and LCD screen are on one side and there’s a meat chart on the back, which is really nice so that you don’t have to keep referring back to a card or have to look up the proper temps every time. The screen is actually easy to read and it will light up if you are night grilling and can’t read the screen.

There is also an alarm function so when your meat is cooked to the proper setting temperature, it will sound and flash. When you’re done using it, you can remove the fork piece for cleanup. I hand washed it. No problems.

I’m not an expert on meat forks but this one seems to do the job. It really depends on what type of thermometer you personally prefer. This one has the added feature of being a two-in-one fork/thermometer combo so that’s unique.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Evaline Gym Exercise Fitness Yoga Props Block Foam Brick Trainer Sport Tool Purple Set of 2
Offered by Free-bird
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My first set, so far so good, June 23, 2016
I am new to yoga but these props seem like a necessary part of the program. They’re really interesting – they feel like foam, but they’re strong. You can rest your bodyweight on these and they don’t budge or squash. They are light weight and fit into my yoga bag easily.

I don’t know much about pilates but these are apparently suitable for that too. They help in yoga with achieving some of the poses more easily, especially as a beginner. Frankly, I like having my own set to bring with me and to use at home. Also, I can surface wash them and control cleanliness. I’m happy not to use the community props anymore.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Choice Fun Acrylic Makeup Organizer Jewelry and Cosmetic Storage Case with 12 Lattices 4 Sections
Offered by Choice Fun
Price: $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairly heavy duty, excellent for cosmetics organization, June 23, 2016
This acrylic organizer is more suited to cosmetics than jewelry, in my opinion. It’s perfect for lipstick tubes and other small cosmetics. I’ve been using a number of these for organizing cosmetics in my bathroom closet, These acrylic organizers are excellent for that.

This one is fairly heavy duty. They do need occasional cleaning but I suggest using acrylic cleaner, which will make it stay shiny over time. You can get that in any Home Depot. These are also good for use in drawers if you have the right depth.

Can be used for art supplies, hair items, craft storage, etc.

Langforth Clear Acrylic Makeup Organizer with Glossy Rosy Pearl - Small
Langforth Clear Acrylic Makeup Organizer with Glossy Rosy Pearl - Small
Offered by langforth
Price: $69.99
3 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice organizer, but if you have a toddler or pets around, beads could present a choking hazard, June 23, 2016
This acrylic makeup brush holder is pretty nice. Just don’t drop it – acrylic cracks – trust me, I know from experience. This is kind of pretty with its fuchsia colored beads that hold your makeup brushes. The top is hinged and operates smoothly.

The beads come sealed in a plastic bag so when opened, it will initially have a plasticky smell. The size of the container is about 8 inches by 4 squared. Just pour the beads into the container, then insert your brushes and they stay put. Also convenient when you wash your brushes and want to air dry them – just insert them into the beads and leave the top open so they can air dry. This can also be used as a display box for something special.

I do have one concern, however. The beads. And I only mention this for people who have pets or toddlers who might try to eat them. This is easily a choking hazard and should be a consideration when purchasing this. It’s the only reason I took a star off.

Otherwise very nice and extremely useful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20