Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for box667 > Reviews

Browse

box667's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

box667 RSS Feed

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars great, nasty stuff, April 21, 2012
This product is visually nauseating and smells horrible. My dogs absolutely love it and it is great for them. Better ingredients than the Solid Gold brand. Ignore the earlier review that said there are meat by-products in the formula. There are none. Just green tripe, water, garlic, and carrageenan gum.

SEAL Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper
SEAL Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper
by Howard E. Wasdin
355 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the time to read, November 2, 2011
Let me preface this by saying this is simply a book review. I am well aware of the sacrifices our servicemen and women in general, and Special Ops operators in particular, make for our country. Mr. Wasdin no doubt possessed great courage to be able to endure the hardships he describes in his book.

That being said, this could be the worst book written on the subject, and there are quite a few. Maybe I'm a cynic, but I find it hard to believe four SEALS can put the beat down on 30 police officers, with Wasdin getting a phone number from a flirtatious female officer he, an elite warrior, had just thrown against a car; another SEAL taking a bite out of a police canine; several officers ending up in the hospital; and all of this leading to the court date where the judge dismisses the case entirely for "youthful vigor" and the courtroom erupts with applause. This happens fairly early on, so I took the rest of the book with a grain of salt. The prose is choppy and simplistic. The stories are boring and seem to have the sole purpose of illustrating how awesome he is. Wasdin is so quick to describe how much he is loved and admired it borders on Narcissistic Personality Disorder (I would be interested to hear Wasdin's teammates' view of him and the book. He doesn't give them much credit). And the constant, innane, unneeded product references ("Wearing Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses, I stood on the outer deck of the aircraft carrier...."). Seriously.

Dalton Fury, author of the excellent "Kill bin Laden" gave this book a glowing review, as did Gunnery Sgt. Jack Coughlin, author of "Shooter." I found it hard to believe until I realized both books were published by the same company, St. Martin's Press, as "SEAL Team Six." Fortunately, I was loaned this book and didn't have to buy it myself. Even so, I wouldn't recommend it even as a loaner. It's truly that bad.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2012 7:55 AM PST