Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Michael L. Gooch > Reviews

Browse

Michael L. Gooch's Profile

Customer Reviews: 231

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael L. Gooch RSS Feed (Washington, Indiana)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
#1 Rated Microfiber Travel & Sports Towel. Absorbent, Fast Drying & Compact. Great for Yoga, Gym, Camping, Kitchen, Golf, Beach, Fitness, Pool, Workout, Sport, Dish or Bath. 100% Lifetime Guarantee!
Offered by Shandali
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, October 20, 2014
Wow! I never knew a towel like this existed! I got this in the mail recently and have been using it for various projects

It has performed excellently. I have used it at the car wash, the gym, and with my wife's permission I have performed experiments with her due to her hot flashes. She has actually wrapped the damp towel around her head and it has really kept her cool. This may not sound like a lot to some people but it is super critical.
I will continue to experiment. But this is one great towel.

Rolatape RT312 12-inch Measuring Wheel
Rolatape RT312 12-inch Measuring Wheel
Price: $54.99
15 used & new from $42.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, September 25, 2014
For the price, this is a great value.

I have been using this to measure a plethora of items from driveways to tree crowns. It is the best. Smooth in it's operation and accurate to the nth degree it is unmatched in performance. I ask it to do jobs for me and it never lets me down.

It is made from very sturdy material yet is lightweight. It is also easy on the eye in being an attractive unit. Maybe I am the only person to see beauty in a tool but so be it.

If you have the need to measure distances - particularly those of considerable length, this is the product for you. I have even used it in the pouring rain and it performed flawlessly.

I cannot say enough good about it. Highly recommended.

Take Me Home: An Autobiography
Take Me Home: An Autobiography
by John Denver
87 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh My Goodness, September 25, 2014
This is not a review of the book because I just casually skimmed it. I did find it interesting that the parts I read exposed a man much conflicted and unsure of himself than what his beautiful music presented.

Rather, I wanted to point out my excitement at finding that the USED book I bought was actually signed by Denver. This has now been validated. For a $8.00 investment, I scored one heck of a deal. I would never sell it therefore this is not a statement about profit but a proclamation of how lucky I am.

Don't overlook the USED books. Gems may await!

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2014 8:32 AM PST

BLACK+DECKER LSW20 20-Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Sweeper,Includes 20v Battery
BLACK+DECKER LSW20 20-Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Sweeper,Includes 20v Battery
Price: $79.97
90 used & new from $61.88

5.0 out of 5 stars No More Cords, September 25, 2014
This little powerhouse to me is amazing. It easily clears debris from decks, walks, drives, and garages. I had become sick and tired of having haul out the 100 ft. extension cord every time I wanted to clean an area. My old gasoline powered blower had quit eons ago. This seemed to be the ticket.

Powered by 20-volt MAX lithium-ion battery it is in many ways like my weed eater. It provides all of the power I desire and the battery life is more than enough to complete 99% of the cleaning/clearing jobs out there.

At only 3.7 pounds I found it very lightweight and easy to handle. It never 'twists' while in use. I highly recommend this blower.

Hot Shot 96181 Indoor Pest Control Fogger, 4-Count Bonus Size
Hot Shot 96181 Indoor Pest Control Fogger, 4-Count Bonus Size
Price: $5.97
4 used & new from $5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Overall Experiance, September 25, 2014
I use Hot Shot because it works. Through the years, I have used these foggers to control all kinds of bugs including spiders in my basement and attic. When something works I stick to it. They are so simple to use - just depress the top - and the new packaging gives 33% more spray. Great value for the price.

I use 6 foggers at a time so I bought 3 packs of 4 so I would have enough to do this fogging plus another in the spring. With the quantity of only 3 packages, I was able to get this with FREE shipping. Very pleased with product, price, shipping and overall experience.

I highly recommend this product.

Arkansas Razorbacks Diamond Metal License Plate
Arkansas Razorbacks Diamond Metal License Plate
Offered by BIGFLY
Price: $6.95
6 used & new from $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars WPS, September 25, 2014
This plate is a high quality item. As a resident of Indiana but having been born and raised in Arkansas, I find it imperative that I place a hog tag on my truck. Wouldn't want to let the home team down!

I found this on Amazon. I clicked the link and in three days it was on the front of my Siverado. I'm a happy camper!

The material is not flimsy and the red in the hog is rich in color. I love it.

WPS!

Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase & Fable, 18th edition
Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase & Fable, 18th edition
by Ebenezer Cobham Brewer
58 used & new from $2.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Mama Mia This is Good, September 25, 2014
I love this comprehensive dictionary. It is major fun and should be on everyone's book shelf. My copy is the 18th edition and contains many new items. It is certainly eclectic with a very wide scope. At an astounding 1,460 pages (small font) you will most assuredly find arcane and exciting information that you previously did not know. I consider myself to be a successful autodidact but I am constantly blown away every single time I open the book for general reading. Yes it is designed to "look things up as needed" but slow reading each page is big time fun!

This edition contains so many enticing nuggets of information you will be entertained and enlightened for hours.

Highly Recommended

Michael L. Gooch

Buy this and you just might become a Brewerphile!

100% Natural First Aid Spray - Relief For Minor Cuts & Bruises, Stings, Bites, Rashes, Sunburn & Skin Irritation - 'Make It Better!' by Vi-Tae® 4.46oz
Offered by Vi-Tae®
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, September 25, 2014
Aloe, Castor Oil and Spearmint all in one spray (plus many more!). No wonder it works so effectively. My mother raised me and my 3 brothers with these 3 essential healing ingredients and we can testify they work.

I have used many different creams, sprays and ointments through my 58 years and this ranks up there with the best. The performance, that is, actual healing time is enhanced by the pleasant peppermint smell. A healing spray DOES NOT have to smell like a hospital to be effective. I appreciate the makers for making this leap.

I highly recommend this product.

Michael L. Gooch

Vi-Tae® Detox, Cleanse & Heal Aromatherapy Dead Sea Bath Salts with Organic, Natural Ingredients- "Reboot+Restart", 16oz
Offered by Vi-Tae®
Price: $52.00

5.0 out of 5 stars it is beyond doubt the best bath salt I have ever used, September 25, 2014
This is a very Calming bath salt. In fact, it is beyond doubt the best bath salt I have ever used. As the literature states it is "Anti-Aging, Deep Cleansing and Detoxifying".

Whether or not it contains a powerful placebo effect, I know it works for taking away the daily stress of life. As previously said, a very CALMING bath salt. I feel deep cleaned and mentally refreshed after my bath.

There is a faint smell of cinnamon in the salts. Upon investigation, I saw where it in fact contains cinnamon leaf oil which is know to relax, purify and deep condition the skin. This was an added bonus.

I would highly recommend this batch salt for those under stress and with muscle tiredness or soreness.

Reckoning: Vietnam and America's Cold War Experience, 1945-1991
Reckoning: Vietnam and America's Cold War Experience, 1945-1991
by Neal F. Thompson
Price: $18.84
22 used & new from $14.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Read of a Very Hard Working Author, September 25, 2014
This excellent book took 16 years to research and write - and it shows. I must say that at 15 chapters and cover 500 pages it is an exhaustive tome. But - it is well worth the effort because it is one of the very few non-fiction books that I have agreed with on every page. Indeed, it opened my eyes while solidifying my already held beliefs.

While the book focuses on Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, etc., it also has some focus on Bush and Obama. Matter of fact, the subtitle is a bit misleading in that the potential buyer is lead to believe that the book will only cover history until 1991 when in fact it goes up to 2012. This is not a bad thing. I greatly enjoyed the expansion into the near past but as you can tell, it can be misleading. I also enjoyed the fact that the author shared responsibility for all the past errors on both the left and the right. Both parties need a "Reckoning".

The depth of research which for any intelligent person will validate the authors conclusions is highlighted in footnotes on virtually every page. In fact, with the marvel of Google, I was able to find a select few of the items and do some expanded reading. In each case, they matched the author's assessment in the book.

The people that might benefit from this book is anyone concerned about the future of the United States. It is that serious of a tome. I would love it if they made it required reading for all members of Congress and the executive branch. Maybe the scales would fall from their eyes.

If you are a student of non-fiction U.S. history, you will find a tonic within these pages.

Highly recommended.