Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale
Profile for [KNDY] Dennis A. Amith > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 20717

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

[KNDY] Dennis A. Amith RSS Feed (California)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
100% Natural Sleep Support - Extra Strength Nighttime Sleep Aid Supplement - 60 Vegetarian Non-Habit Forming Capsules With Melatonin, L-Taurine, L-Theanine & 5-HTP - Pills for Deep & Restful Sleeping
Offered by Zenwise Health
Price: $49.95

3.0 out of 5 stars While for majority of reviewers, this worked for them... it worked for me but unfortunately it kicked in much too late..., February 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've tried the 100% Natural Sleep Support and after seeing positive reviews, I think that with every sleep support, it's all subjective to the individual.

In my experience, I've tried it three times. And unfortunately for me, it worked more on a delayed reaction and didn't work after the hour of taking it...it kicked in nearly many hours later and to the point, I had to go home from work because I didn't get adequate sleep.

I'm describing my appearance which is a small percentage to most of the positive around here, so that's why I'm giving it a three stars instead of anything lower, because I'm sure it works (as many of the reviewers have posted positive), it's just for me...it did but its effects were not felt until hours later just an hour or two before a new day of work was to begin.

So, if you go for this sleep support and it works, all power to you.

Belkin 4-Port Mini USB-C Hub with Two USB-C & Two USB-A Ports (F4U090btBLK)
Belkin 4-Port Mini USB-C Hub with Two USB-C & Two USB-A Ports (F4U090btBLK)
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $43.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Belkin's 4-port mini hub works well....just be careful of what type of USB-C cable you plug into it or on your hardware!!!, February 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Belkin 4-Port Mini USB-C hub allows for one using a newer laptop with USB-C hub capabilities to connect multiple USB devices to a USB-C enabled laptop and tablet.

This is convenient for those who use multiple devices, in my case, I like the ability to attach devices such as my cell phone, scanner, SATA dock and external drives.

The device is quite small and I have no problem carrying it in my backpack or laptop bag.

The only thing I wish is that the hub had an additional USB-A and USB-C port (so three of each would have been nice).

USB-C is 10 times faster than USB 2.0 and for the most part, the hub is simple to use if your computer/tablet supports it. So, it's very important to make sure your newer device has USB-C before purchasing this hub.

With that being said, while Belkin is a reputable company, its important to emphasize that I would NOT use cheap USB-C cords with this device or on your expensive hardware.

As of February 2016, there are horror stories of people using third party USB-C cords on their newer, expensive laptops and cords wired incorrectly frying their laptops. Because of this, the USB Implementers Forum is issuing a seal of approval for safe USB-C cords. Also, Google engineer Benson Leung has been doing a fine job of reviewing USB-C related cables on Amazon after his 3M cable that was incorrectly wired, fried his $1500 laptop. So, definitely keep an eye out for his reviews.

So, as of right now, It's best to be careful.

Overall, Belkin has created a product that works. It requires a newer laptop/smart phone/watch or tablet that utilizes USB-C to work. But just be careful of what USB-C cable you plug into this device (or your hardware).

MagnoGrip 002-696 Pro Utility Magnetic Glove with Touchscreen Technology, Large, Black
Price: $17.97
3 used & new from $17.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Comfortable, secure and great use for the magnetic portion that is quite strong and more!, January 31, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had the opportunity to use the MagnoGrip Pro Utility Magnetic Gloves on a worksite and also doing work at home.

I have large hands, so was glad to know that size Large was good enough to fit on my hands. They fit perfectly and was able to do work with them and not feel any discomfort.

Had a few screws that were connected to the magnetic portion of the glove which worked very well. Even at one time, had to connect my Swiss Army knife real quick to the magnetic portion while I handled a call and it didn't fall off at all.

For the most part, the glove is sturdy and like the grip placement. Also, liked the velcro strap on the bottom which kept the glove even more snug.

I really have no negative things to say about this glove. Comfort, great secure fit, useful magnetic portion and also, you can use this glove on a cell phone and tablet (this worked really well).

Overall, if you are working for a work glove, I highly recommend the MagnoGrip Pro Utility Magnetic Glove!!!

Belkin MIXIT Lightning to USB Keychain with 2.4 Amp Lightning ChargeSync Cable for iPhone, iPad and iPod (Gold)
Price: $34.99
4 used & new from $34.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The Belkin MIXIT Lightning to USB works well, but I do have concerns..., January 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Belkin MIXIT Lightning to USB keychain is one of those things that will be subjective to the owner and for those who are needing access to their iPhone or iPad to easily transfer files or even charging their device via a portable battery.

When it comes down to it, this is convenient for those who do not like to carry cables and for those who do a lot of work on their iPhone or iPad.

It's convenient for me to transfer photos from my iPad or iPhone while I'm traveling by using this keychain device and I have plugged it into recharge my device alongside my portable battery but is it worth the money? Personally, if you are used to using a cable/adapter, then not really.

But I can see it useful as backup if you forgot your cable/adapter at home/hotel or if you accidentally messed up your cable, then you can go to this Belkin MIXIT Lightning to USB keychain. I don't know how often I hear from people at work if anyone has an iPhone charger, because they forgot their cable. But even then, comes the caveat of the charger being short. If you need to charge it on a PC during your work hours, unless you work on a laptop, it'll be inconvenient to let your phone dangle from a PC or MAC USB slot.

Overall, It all comes down to if you are willing to spend nearly $35 for this keychain. For those wondering if it will put added weight to your chain, not at all, as it is fairly light.

But as for the overall design, I wish there were some plastic cap covers to prevent dirt from getting contact with the connections. For $35, Belkin should have thrown those in, because keychains do get dirty.

JUDGMENT CALL:

First and foremost, this keychain works. Want to get access to files from your iPhone or iPad or want to do a charge, the Belkin MIXIT Lightning to USB keychain does get the job done. BUT it's price, its short connector with no protection or cover is a major concern.

But it is useful for those who travel and need access their iPhone or iPad and don't have their cable/adapter nearby.

SteelSeries Siberia 150 Gaming Headset
SteelSeries Siberia 150 Gaming Headset
Price: $56.99
39 used & new from $46.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, cool lighting effects and good sound...for those who are looking for a SteelSeries headset but are on a budget., January 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For those looking for a USB gaming headphone, the SteelSeries Siberia 150 gaming headset offers comfort, prism RGB illumination and solid audio for its pricepoint.

Having reviewed many gaming headsets, there are several positives that I can find with the headset.

For one, you get a thick cord, not thin that will snap off if snagged, you have control of selecting a color that suits you with 16.8 million colors, creating your own various lighting modes and colorshift effect. I like the fact that the lighting for this headphone does not require two USB jacks (as some headsets do), just the one single USB and that's it.

Another positive is how comfortable the earcup is and didn't hurt my ears and it does a great job at blocking sound.

Again, for its price point at $59.99, it's a very solid headset. But if you can spend and extra $20, you can opt for the Syberia v3 or 200 which has better adjustment, as the 150 has a basic padding and durable plastic, for those who want to adjust on the fly, no matter what shape of head you have, this is where upgrading to a better Siberia V3 or 200 will come in handy.

Also, if you want to use this for gaming and need a mic, the V3 has a mic, this 150 doesn't. As a gamer, a mic is important for me. For my son who is a young gamer, I don't care for him to use the mic and so I prefer for him to have a simple setup.

The 200 version features better high, middle and low end...the 150 sounds good but the low-end is not the greatest for those who like the booms and the bass. But if you are an audiophile and want the virtual 7.1 surround sound experience and wireless, then that is where you're going to have to spend much more for the SteelSeries 800 headset.

It's also important to emphasize that the Siberia 150 utilizes USB only, so no headphone jack. I have tested this on a PC laptop, my Mac and also on the PS4 and it works very well.

Overall, I really feel the SteelSeries Siberia 150 Gaming Headset is a really cool, cheaper headset. For those who don't need wireless, don't need a mic and are not expecting the best in audio quality but just wants something good enough to game with but still get quality sounds and have a cool light display, then you really can't go wrong with the Siberia 150!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2016 8:32 AM PST

AtmosFlare 3D Pen Set
AtmosFlare 3D Pen Set
Offered by sushka
Price: $42.24
8 used & new from $37.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and great for creative artist, modelers/hobbyists!, January 11, 2016
This review is from: AtmosFlare 3D Pen Set (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There are ways to approach the use of a 3D Pen set. There are those who will create wonderful works of art with the 3D pen and then there are those who will use that creativity to build things. I'm going to approach this with the latter and look at ways these could be used to create accessories for action figures or models but how awesome the AtmosFlare 3D Pen Set truly is!

The set comes with the pen, red and blue ink cartridge, four drawing tips and a ink cartridge cover.

Setup is easy. Install a double AA battery, twist open the ink cartridge, put the drawing tip on it and install it on the pen. And then you can begin.

I do recommend a few things prior to starting. A work board (cardboard, paper or whatever to work on) and if you have elastic gloves, then that would be great as you don't want to have the ink on you fingers (especially if you are going to cure). Also, to make sure you do not to have pieces or blobs fall over where your child or pet can eat it.

As for creating things...Make your creation first, use the pen light to cure after you are done. After a few short experimentations and then watching the AtmosFlare 3D photo on YouTube and seeing how one pro was moving things in a circular pattern, that actually helped in me building a few things with it.

I also learned that curing it with the light pen by focusing the light on your creation really makes things dry quickly. First time, I ran the pen to quickly and got part of the ink on my fingers. Also, it's important to keep the pen upright when in use and using the cap to clear blockage on the nozzle.

I did see moisture vapors but it's the 3D ink curing the excess moisture. But curing it for a several minutes versus minute makes a big difference, not just in the drying process but how solid and less brittle the creation ended up to be.

Because there are only two cartridges, I didn't want to create anything to large as I didn't wan to run out of ink too quickly (you do get an adequate amount, but I wouldn't think of creating anything larger until we learn about new colors, availability and pricing for ink cartridges) but I saw the potential of this pen set.

The pen lasts for four hours on one AA and when it's time to change the battery, the M emblem will begin flashing.

For modeling, I used tweezers to get the right bend that I wanted immediately and I used model clippers to snip away unwanted pieces after creations were done and for cleanup. And also an exact knife if you need to do tiny modifications to it.

While I wish other colors were available for the AtmosFlare 3D pen set, as I would have loved to have orange, white, silver, black, green, etc., for now, the red and blue ink cartridges will suffice.

But overall, I see the potential of this 3D pen set for those who can create their own works of art and those who use the pen for other creative situations.

For those who are hobbyist, especially those who like to be creative with models, gunpla or even action figures like figma, then I can see this being really useful. Create a blazing sword, create a fire or thunderbolt, create ammo firing effect pieces, possibilities are endless. So, I can only hope Redwood Ventures releases more variety of ink cartridges.

Is there anything I wish that this set came with. That would be two caps instead of one, as it the set comes with two ink cartridges. Otherwise, I feel this set is pretty awesome for all it comes with.

Overall, creative artist or hobbyists, if you are looking for a 3D Pen Set, the AtmosFlare 3D Pen Set is highly recommended!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 3500, QT4018/49
Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 3500, QT4018/49
Price: $26.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient with 20 length settings using one comb. Doesn't yank on your beard!, January 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Having reviewed several beard trimmers, the Philips Norelco Beard trimmer (Series 3500) is the first that I have used with its own built-in length setting with a single comb.

This is actually pretty significant as some beard trimmers have way too many combs to replace but this one, has 20 length settings and no comb changing, you just turn the dial and the comb elevates (you can set from 1/32" to 13/32"). And the heads are washable.

The blades are self-sharpening titanium blades and while I have not used this blade for many years, I can't say if the claim is accurate. But Norelco advertises it on the box and that the blades cut each hair perfectly and prevents skin irritation. The blades do have rounded tips for smooth skin contact.

The trimmer has a solid run time at120 minutes and comes with a pouch and a cord and a mini-cleaning brush. Also, you can get an extended warranty for an additional 6 months for 2.5 years total.

I have trimmed once and didn't feel any major yanking, so no major pain and that's very important for me when using a beard trimmer.

For the most part, I'm pretty selective on how much control I have in leaving stubble, so I am enjoying this product way more than the Philips Norelco YS524/41, which have comfort blades but yet gives me a rash.

Overall, I find this beard trimmer convenient and the fact it has one comb and adjusts to 20 length settings will be appealing to a lot of people who travel and are often on the go and need something small and portable.

Recommended!

OXO Good Grips Extendable Tile & Tub Brush
OXO Good Grips Extendable Tile & Tub Brush
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tile and tub brush scrubber!!! Sturdy bristles and gets the job done!, January 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife and I have been looking for an easier way to clean our tiles near our tub and shower area and I have been doing everything by a bathtub scrubber and bathroom cleaner tool.

And while the hand scrubber has worked out, I have been looking for something extendable and with sturdy bristles.

And comes the OXO Good Grips Extendable Tile & Tub brush which extends from 26 to 42 inches and had what I was looking for...sturdy bristles.

The way the brush is shaped, makes it easy to clean out grout and corners. While I did worry about snapping the brush at full extension, made sure I didn't push too hard.

So, for what this brush was made for, it's excellent. I was able to clean up soap/shampoo grime quite easily off the tiles and I can imagine for those who have tile or areas around their bathroom, this brush would do very well.

What I'm not in love with is the pricing for the refill. $8.99 on Amazon? That's pricey!

But since I'm reviewing the product not the refill, then for its overall price, its sturdy bristles and how it gets the job done, I'll give it 5-stars.

Aqualia Thermal Awakening Balm Eye Cream with Pure Caffeine for Dark Circles and Puffiness
Price: $29.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Vichy product that is small, a little pricey but also works better than other competing brands., January 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Having reviewed another Vichy product, there are two things that are consistent...small product and pricey.

But I also learned that their products work!

Before typing this review of the Aqualia Thermal Eye Balm, I wanted to make sure I at least used it for nearly a month.

While the text on the label is in French, I can say that the balm doesn't sting, nor is there any strong odor. Pretty much rub under each eye and the top of each eyelid, during the morning and night and I felt this worked better than the Neutrogena version I reviewed.

But so far, I felt this eye balm worked wonders for me overtime, especially when I had to go to work and felt tired, helped rejuvenate right under my eyes.

Overall, it's another Vichy product that worked well. Wish there was a bit more in terms of bottle size and was priced a bit less, but for the most part, I feel the product does work.

Unforgettable... With Love
Unforgettable... With Love
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $8.96
547 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful and complete album that is worth owning!, January 1, 2016
When I heard the news of Natalie Cole's passing on New Year's Day 2016, the first thing I did was took out Natalie's "Unforgettable" album and listened to it.

Back when this first album was released, it was a big part of my young adult year growing in college and actually because of this album, it made me purchase albums from Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Dean Martin, to name a few.

But going back to this album, it's one of the few albums that I listened on replay over and over again until my cassette warped and eventually upgraded to CD. I can remember going on family trips and it's one of the few albums which my parents would listen to, that belonged to me.

I can remember when the music video came out and I was just in awe and fell in love with "Unforgettable" and then later falling in love with every track on this album. It's complete and just beautiful music that you can appreciate and enjoy in every season, in every commute or just that moment of dimming the lights after a good dinner and with your love one, dancing or just sitting together and enjoying the romantic evening.

A wonderful album that I will forever cherish. And a beautiful voice that will continue on forever!

Rest in peace Natalie Cole!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20