Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Profile for [KNDY] Dennis A. Amith > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 19684

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

[KNDY] Dennis A. Amith RSS Feed (California)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Samsung UN50JS7000 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2015 Model)
Samsung UN50JS7000 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2015 Model)
Price: $1,097.99
9 used & new from $997.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Price, functionality and picture quality makes this 4K television worth owning. Recommended!, August 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With the release of 4K televisions, many videophiles who craved for 4K wanted to hold off until the prices became more affordable.

Then at CES, Samsung announced that they would be releasing affordable 4K televisions as part of their series 7 (7000) line.

So, let’s take a look at the UN50JS7000, a 50" 4K television (49.5 measured diagonally)

I. UNBOXING

Upon unboxing the UN50JS7000, you get the stand and a few screws. So, make sure you have a Phillips screwdriver handy. Putting the stand together is simple and easy.

Immediately, you will notice that the television features 4 HDMI 2.0 inputs (all are HDCP 2.2 compatible), 1 component video, RF input, optical digital audio output, stereo minijack output (For soundbars or home stereo system), Ethernet port, 3 USB inputs (one is dedicated for Samsung UHD media player, while others can be used for a camera or thumb drive).

II. SETTING UP THE TV

My setup is different as I have everything going from my DVR to my Pioneer 7.2 receiver. But for those who watch via cable and want to set their television up, it’s not difficult. Setting up the TV to run via hardwire or WiFi is easy to setup and downloading the apps doesn’t take too long with a fast Internet connection.

Samsung’s UN50JS7000 is similar to their other line of Smart TV. Press the Smart Hub button on the remote and you can access YouTube, Netflix, Hulu Plus and many other apps.

For those who have never owned a Samsung HDTV, one of the first things you will want to do is turn off “Auto Motion Plus” (go to Picture-->Picture Options) otherwise, everything is going to look like a soap opera (or BBC sitcom). For videophiles, you can also turn off Film Mode, Digital Clean View and MPEG Noise Filter.

III. TESTS

At this current time, there are not many 4K sources. Amazon and Netflix are currently in the front seat of 4K content. A few shows such as “House of Cards” and a few films (such as “Ghostbusters”, “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”) are presented via 4K at this time and they look great. But since this is a 50" TV, can I tell the difference between watching these films on Blu-ray via 1080p and 4K? Not really. They look great, but I have read that the difference in 4K quality can be seen much clearly especially via 4K projector on a larger 100-inch or larger screen.

Unfortunately, I don’t currently own a 4K Blu-ray player or a Dish Network 4K set top unit but aside from Netflix and Amazon, I was able to do some tests on YouTube (the Costa Rica 4K UHD clip looks amazing).
But there is no doubt that 4K looks amazing, it’s just that it will take a commitment from owners to invest in a 4K Blu-ray player, media unless you watch via web streaming and have a great connection to the Internet.

I did do tests on 4K mastered Blu-rays and they still look great on Samsung’s UN50JS7000.

But this television features Samsung’s latest breakthrough of backlight technology. Anfd instead of white light, the LED produces blue light and utilizes Samsung’s quantum technology and is supposedly producing 20% richer colors and a brighter picture.

The television also features UHD 4K upscaling so video from a Blu-ray player, video games, cable or satellite, and so far I have been quite pleased.

And another plus is that the television features a quad-core processor for web browsing. I’ve used the TV for occasional browsing and so far, I have also been pleased with the speed, moreso via hardwired but wifi was quite quick for web browsing on this television. But for businesses who do webinars or presentations via web, may want to look towards this 4K TV as an investment as well.

JUDGMENT CALL:

For anyone in the market for a 4K TV will no doubt love the price of the Samsung Series 7 7000 televisions (50, 55, 60).

While most people who own an awesome 1080p television may not want to jump the 4K wagon just yet, for people or companies in the market for a new television will definitely want to purchase this TV, as they will have the 4K technology and will be able to utilize the technology as 4K becomes more widely available. But also for those who also want awesome picture quality and SmartTV functions.

Personally for me, I think it’s awesome that Samsung has made 4K televisions much more affordable.

I absolutely am impress with this television that despite having a larger 1080p television, this 50" outperforms my other television not just in functions but also in picture quality. My Blu-rays and even programs look so much better on the UN50JS7000.

There really is nothing negative that I have to say about this television. Price, functionality and picture quality makes this 4K television worth owning.

Highly recommended!

PNY 240 GB CS1211 Internal 2.5" SATA III Value Solid State Drive SSD7CS1211-240-RB
Offered by J-Electronics
Price: $110.69

5.0 out of 5 stars For photographers or video editors looking for an SSD Drive for easy, quick access and transfer and storage, I recommend it!, August 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Having used and tested different SSD drives, my next test is with the PNY 240GB CS1211 SSD.

The reason why I utilize SSD drives is for storing my RAW photos (photography) and videos. Having had issues with many SATA drives for storage of my photos, I wanted something less problematic and reliable and SSD drives have provided me with that. Easy to access, fast to open and less time waiting to see thumbnails of all the photos in the drive.

It's important to note that with this test, I am primarily using a SATA docking station with the PNY 240GB CS1211 on a newer Mac Mini.

According to PNY, the drive features sequential read up to 520 mb/s and sequential write up to 310 mb/s. The drive comes with a 2.5mm spacer and is for those who know how to install an SSD drive or how to format them as instructions are not provided.

The first test was to transfer 45GB of photos. It took about 20 minutes. Transferred 10GB of videos and it took only 5 minutes.

While I can't comment on running a laptop using this SSD as the main drive, I can comment that if you are one who is looking for reliable storage for photos and videos (or other types of files), I do recommend the PNY Solid State Drive.

What mannered to me was portability, quick opening, quick preview/thumbnails via Lightroom or Adobe Bridge and also quick access for Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop for RAWS and also videos via Adobe Premiere, this drive didn't lag on me, nor have I had problems with it! And also, to have storage that doesn't take too much space, like my SATA drives or old external drives. I prefer using SSD storage for my files.

Dove Men+Care Styling Paste, Fortifying 1.75 oz
Dove Men+Care Styling Paste, Fortifying 1.75 oz
Price: $5.99
29 used & new from $5.62

4.0 out of 5 stars A good product but this Dove Men+Care styling paste should be priced much lower..., July 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a frequent user of Malin+Goetz, Hanz de Fuko and Blind Barber's "60 Proof Hair Wax", I tend to also purchase a variety of brands pomade and paste for my hair.

Always looking for a medium hold, natural or matte finish, I have tried many brands.

My latest test is Dove Men+Care Styling Paste.

One of the differences I learned with this styling paste is that you don't need to have so much of it, just a finger tip's worth and you will want to rub it in your hands thoroughly, as it can come out a bit clump, so rub it on your palms and run it through your hair and comb or blowdry.

I have been using it for the last two weeks and surprisingly, it has a pretty good hold. Especially in the summer, working out in the heat or always on the move, it's held up pretty well so far.

But if there is one caveat, it's the price. While in the middle of pricing of other paste from department store brands around $6-7 and the brands I use which are typically $18-20, in a way, I think of Dove as a brand that would be great for the budget conscious person and would be under $10, let alone under $8. So, I am a bit surprised it's selling for $11 on Amazon and that's coming close to Matrix Biolage pricing that you would find at a hair salon.

While I'm not crazy about the price, I will say that the product has worked for me. A tiny bit clumpy, but you just have to rub it in your hands and not dip so much.

Overall, I'm impressed with the Dove Men+Care Styling Paste and I definitely recommend the product, but at $6-8, I would have scored it higher but at $11, I'm giving it a 3.5 stars.

Aura Outdoor Products AOP-GLV Silicone Heat Resistant Grill Gloves Set
Aura Outdoor Products AOP-GLV Silicone Heat Resistant Grill Gloves Set
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, heat resistant up to 425 degrees and have become my personal oven/grill cooking gloves!, July 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I first saw these gloves....the first thing came to my mind was if these gloves were for real? I mean, heat resistant up to 425 degrees?

So, I decided to give these gloves a try. First, with a few things I baked in the oven. Broiled some veggies and also made a pizza and used these gloves and trusted they work. Otherwise, I'm in for trouble.

And sure enough, I picked up these hot trays with no problem and immediately I told my wife, let's ditch your oven mitts that never work and use these gloves instead! Of course, she said "no" as it doesn't fit her kitchen couture, but I will be using these gloves because the fact that I didn't burn my hands or feel scared of holding very hot trays, that's a plus!

The gloves fit well, but because they are rubber, not the kind you want to wear all that long or they can get all sweaty. But for those short moments of going in and doing your job on the grill or pulling a hot tray out of the oven, these gloves work extremely well!

Overall, I dig these silicone heat resistant gloves. Sure, I would imagine some would prefer them in other colors outside of black, but for those wanting gloves too cook that are heat resistant up to 425 degrees, these gloves are recommended!

Aura Outdoor Products AOP-TPT-A Non-Digital TPT Tel-Tru Temperature Gauge Thermometer for Big Green Egg, Kamado Joe, Primo
Offered by Eggcellent Products
Price: $34.95
3 used & new from $29.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic temperature thermometer that works! Just needs a longer probe and it would have been perfect!, July 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With 4th of July happening today and food is cooking aplenty, I had a chance to test the Aura Outdoor thermometer and tested this on an Big Green Egg and also on the grill. The thermometer worked very well and while I just focused on Fahrenheit, it read accurately.

Similar to another reviewer, I also felt that for grilling, it needs a longer probe.

But anyone looking for a temperature gauge for theirt Big Green Egg and I guess for other similar products and grills, this Aura Outdoor thermometer is definitely recommended and with a larger probe, I would easily have given it five stars!

Recommended!

KitchenAid KTEN20SBDB 2.0-Quart Kettle with Full Stainless Steel Handle and Trim Band - Doulton Blue
Price: Click here to see our price
4 used & new from $65.41

4.0 out of 5 stars [3.5 stars] Looks attractive and appealing but because of the stainless steel on top...use gloves!!!, July 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While I have used Circulon kettles and try to go for solid colors with chrome trims, KitchenAid's 2.0 porcelain blue quart kettle grabbed my attention thanks to its aesthetics.

Blue with stainless trim on top and the sides, it goes well with stainless steel or solid color kitchens and it comes with a silicone grip.

While I love my Circulon for its larger grip (similar to KitchenAid's C-Handle version), I like how the grip is on the back versus the front. The lid fits snugly into the center. And of course, heating my water for my soup and tea, the kettle works perfectly.

But there is one caveat of having polished steel for the grip, it gets hot! Personally, it's one of the reasons why I prefer my Circulon because the whole grip has no steel on the grips, for this one...the silicone is on the top and bottom middle, so, you will definitely want to wear gloves with this kettle.

While I love the look of the KitchenAid 2.0 quart kettle, safety is more important for me and the way this thing gets hot, you have to be careful with it.

While my review shows as 4 stars, I actually give it a 3.5 star rating!

Dove Men + Care Fortifying Styling Gel, 7 Ounce
Dove Men + Care Fortifying Styling Gel, 7 Ounce
Offered by OurCrazyDeals
Price: $8.99
23 used & new from $5.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, alcohol-free and also utilizing caffeine! Most importantly, IT WORKS WELL!, July 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For those who use styling gel, while most people tend to look for price and size, one thing about the Dove Men + Care Fortifying Styling gel is the fact that it uses caffeine.

The styling gel definitely works in a strong hold, there is no outstanding odor, which are pluses for this gel, but the caffeine is interesting because since 2014, studies are showing that caffeine enhances hair shaft elongation and helps in growth-promoting effects for hair follicles (source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24836650).

I know most people probably could care less about that but I would rather use hair gel that is alcohol free and uses caffeine. I have had problems with styling gels that dry out my hair because of the alcohol, so I tend to stay away from those.

So, if you are in the market for a styling gel that is effective, alcohol-free and also utilizing caffeine, Dove Men + Care Fortifying Styling Gel is the way to go! And most importantly, the styling gel WORKS WELL!

Seagate Personal Cloud Home Media Storage Device 3TB NAS STCR3000101
Seagate Personal Cloud Home Media Storage Device 3TB NAS STCR3000101
Offered by APEDEAL
Price: Click here to see our price
22 used & new from $128.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than Lacie's Network Space, easier to use and can be accessed by multiple devices, July 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Seagate’s Personal Cloud Home Media Storage is one of the coolest storage devices I have used, but it may not be the most user-friendly device but it works quite well.

Having used Lacie’s Network Space product, in some ways, the Seagate Personal Cloud Home Media Storage and the Lacie Network Space look very similar to each other, with the Seagate being more rectangle (more width) and both are black with the shiny sheen on top.

But that is where the comparison ends.

One of the things that irked me about the Lacie Network Space is everything was wi-Fi based. Want to transfer files or stream, it was wi-fi based. Still, I was able to utilize the device through my Sony Blu-ray player and PS3 at the time. It was also not the most user-friendly device to work with either. But once you used it, you found it to be a useful storage device.

With the Seagate Personal Cloud Home Storage, it offers so much more and it’s quite easy to use.

Hook up one Ethernet cat-5 cable to your router, the other is the power adapter and give it a few minutes and it will automatically be detected (note: I tested this on a Mac and PC).

While my PC detected the device and immediately took it to a URL for setup, the Mac didn’t. You had to connect to smb:\\10.x.x.xx

Nevertheless, once you are in and finish the install and firmware update, you immediately see apps which include:

- Device Manager, Download Manager, Backup Manager and App Manager.

I first selected the App Manager and immediately you are given the following apps to run and install:

- BitTorrent Sync (sync and share unlimited files and folders), ElephantDrive (online backup), Plex Media Server, Sdrive (give secure access to your files), Seagate (connect to your Seagate network devices), WordPress (web publish) and ownCloud (access your files on your own personal cloud).

Once I got those installed, I was able to create my own passworded, secure server and you also get a public folder.

And from there on, you can drop your files in and access it on other computers.

With Media Services, you can stream multimedia files from the Personal Cloud to UPnP and DLNA compatible devices on the network.

You can also enable for streaming of multimedia files from the Personal cloud to compatible devices on the network using iTunes.

With Seagate Media, you can browse your files from anywhere with the free Seagate Media app. This will allow you to access files on the Personal Cloud from your smartphone or tablet and you can download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play, Amazon appstore or Windows Store.

The files must be on the public folder but I was able to stream videos and music and view photos from the Personal Cloud through my tablet and my cell phone with no problems.

You can also stream to Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, LG & Samsung Smart TV’s.

I was also able to get my Blu-ray player and a video game console to recognize the PersonalCloud as well.

Overall, I found Seagate’s Personal Cloud Media Storage to be worth having and worth using, especially if you want to backup files, stream your files to a tablet and cell phone or just want to have access of files and utilize the 3TB of space of the device. I find that very useful.

But the fact that I can also access on other devices was another plus. And I had no lag issues.

Personally, I feel that Seagate’s Personal Cloud was much easier to use over Lacie’s Network Space.

While people not familiar with setting up servers or transferring files may find this device difficult, especially when the instructions are more of the how to turn on the software, those familiar with installation of software, file transfers and typical troubleshoot, should have no problem with this device. It’s not too difficult.

The only thing I do want to emphasize, if you are using a the Personal Cloud for wireless streaming, just remember to keep an eye out on your broadband bandwith limit (if you have one) for your provider or also bandwith on your cell phone/tablet.

I also recommend this device if you have a stable connection to the Internet.

With that being said, I absolutely enjoy this device. But I do have my reservations as I have had recent Seagate harddrives (external) that are no longer working for me. I could only hope the drive that Seagate’s use for their Personal Cloud device is a better drive that is meant to be used as a media server but also file backups.

If anything goes wrong, I will update this review to reflect that.

But from one I have experienced with this device for the last few weeks and comparing it to Lacie’s Network Space, the Seagate Personal Cloud Home Media Storage is highly recommended!

Fiber One Snacks Bar Cheesecake, Strawberry, 5 Count (Pack of 12)
Fiber One Snacks Bar Cheesecake, Strawberry, 5 Count (Pack of 12)
Price: $39.08

5.0 out of 5 stars The most DELICIOUS Fiber One snack bar that I have tasted!!! RECOMMENDED!, June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love cheesecake and when I saw that Fiber One was offering a cheesecake snack bar, I couldn't help but give it a try!

And I have to say that this is the best tasting Fiber One snack bar I have tried so far! With each bar at 150 calories, 10g of sugar and 5 g of Fiber, you get 5 pouches with each box.

The good news is that these fiber snack bars are delicious, the bad news is that after you eat one, don't be surprised if you (and others) go through a full box too quickly, as the bars are not big and they are too delish that you eat them all.

Overall, this is the ultimate Fiber One bar in terms of taste and you get your 20% daily value of fiber!

Curel Itch Defense Body Wash, 10 Ounce
Curel Itch Defense Body Wash, 10 Ounce
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who suffer from eczema or itchy skin, should try this body wash! Recommended!, June 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a big supporter of Curel products, as their products really have helped people with eczema or dry skin issues.

With the Curel Itch Defense Body Wash, the body wash is not incredibly thick nor is it overpowering, but for those most part, it does work.

For my job, I often have to get down in the ground and be exposed to dirty elements and I get all itchy. And when I get home, I have used this body wash and sure enough, I don't feel itchy. So, it does provide relief.

The product contains hydrating jojoba and olive oil, no added fragrance and features a non-irritating formula.

I know that body wash is subjective but for me, Curel products including this body wash does work very well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20