Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for [KNDY] Dennis A. Amith > Reviews

Browse

[KNDY] Dennis A....'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 2677
Top Reviewer Ranking: 311

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

[KNDY] Dennis A. Amith RSS Feed (California)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lonely Planet Ireland (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Ireland (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet
Price: $17.29
82 used & new from $13.28

5.0 out of 5 stars "Lonely Planet Ireland" is well-researched, informative and a travel guide I highly recommend!, June 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have had the opportunity to review a good number of travel guides over the years but this is the first time I will be reviewing Lonely Planet's Ireland travel guide.

For those not familiar with Lonely Planet, for the last few years it was owned by BBC Worldwide until it was sold to NC2 Media in 2013. The Lonely Planet Ireland guide is over 700 pages of information of areas throughout Ireland including a city map of Dublin.

The first 53-pages deal with planning your trip to Ireland, things you need to know, the great outdoors, eat and drink like a local, wild Atlantic way, and more.

The the guide goes into traveling to Dublin, Counties Wicklow & Kildare, Counties Wexford, Waterford, Carlow and Kilkenny, County Cork, County Kerry, County Clare, Counties Limerick and Tipperary, County Galway, Counties Mayo & Sligo, County Donegal, The Midlands, Counties Meath, Louth, Cavan & Monaghan, Belfast, Counties Down & Armagh, Counties Londonderry & Antrim, Countries Fermanagh & Tyrone and more.

This latest guide features writings from various writers of what they love about Ireland, and I noticed that special features incorporate 3D illustrations of Trinity College, Glendalough, The Cuisine of County Cork, Wildlife in Killarney National Park, Rock of Cashel, Aran Islands scenery, Yeats Country, The Shannon-Erne Waterway, Down & Armagh Walking & Wildlife, Londonderry & Antrim: The Causeway Coast.

JUDGMENT CALL:

What I look for in a travel guide with up-to-date information, maps and as much detail for the region as possible. Some tend to skimp on smaller regions but this Lonely Planet guide really does a good job of giving coverage for locations throughout Ireland. While I do enjoy the Fodor's travel guides for its use of color throughout, while photography of a region is nice to have, for travel guides, it all comes down to detailed information and I will can easily say that "Lonely Planet Ireland" is well-researched, informative and a travel guide worth using and help in planning and preparing for your trip to Ireland.

"Lonely Planet Ireland" is recommended!

LaCie Porsche Design 2TB USB-C Mobile Hard Drive STFD2000402 - Silver
LaCie Porsche Design 2TB USB-C Mobile Hard Drive STFD2000402 - Silver
Price: $149.99
25 used & new from $131.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Performance, design and so far a solid USB-C mobile hard drive that works wonderfully!, June 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If there was one thing I have been waiting for, it's a new LaCie drive that offers USB-C and also USB 3.0 compatability.

The look of this redesign slim harddrive is absolute gorgeous with its metallic silver and so small and thin, you can literally put it in your pocket. And of course, with style comes the promise of delivery speeds of 5 GB/second. And with 2TB of available storage, I couldn't wait to give this drive a test.

I had a chance to test out the LaCie Porsche Design 2TB USB-C Mobile Hard Drive during several trips. Primarily for file storage and to download my DSLR RAW files and video for my vlogging files.

The drive features a curve edge with a somewhat extending piece that can snag, as others have brought up. Not to the point of cutting anyone, but I can see if one accidentally rubs their skin with it, it does offer a bit of a scratch. Again, nothing terrible, but I can see how a few people have concerns about the drive. The drive comes with cables and the drive is USB powered.

There is a single, small white LED light on the drive. And I suppose it would have been nice to see it a little bigger but for me, it was not a big deal.

I was able to download many of my RAW's on the drive from my DSLR, download my video files quickly to the drive. Then using the drive to make a video, render it and have it ready to post on social media fairly quick. Also, was able to open my RAW's and also using the drive as a scratch drive with no problems.

It's important to note that I did not use any of the pre-installed software, I don't like using any software that comes on a drive. I just format it and work from there.

Unfortunately, I don't have the software that some others use to show data on how quickly the drive performances for read and write speeds but testing the drive for my usual work, while in the hotel and getting things done, it performed very well and it's quiet.

With that being said, I want to wait and see how this drive performs more than a month later. Give me a year and I will update this review because a lot of USB powered harddrives that I have used, have DIED on me. Granted, the others that failed were not LaCie and I do have LaCie drives that I have had for five years and are still performing well. So, if it dies or performance starts to suffer, I will update and revise this review.

But for now, it has performed quite well, through trips around the state and in a few months, I'm going to put my faith in this drive as I travel overseas and see how things work out.

For now, I'm quite pleased with the drive's performance and it's speed and it's Porsche designed look.

Recommended!

Cuisinart CSG-111 Instant Read Digital Thermometer, Black
Cuisinart CSG-111 Instant Read Digital Thermometer, Black
Price: $21.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but pricewise, there are so many other digital thermometers that sell for much less..., June 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One of the things I tend to use a lot of are digital thermometers when I'm cooking poultry or meats.

There have been two things that have bothered me in the past with digital thermometers and that is a short stem and broken heads (that come off the stem).

So, one of the things that I do like about the Cuisinart CSG-111 is that it does feature a longer stem, a swiveling head, comes with a holder and battery. Also, that it does have an auto shut off after 10 minutes (there is also an off-on button), you can switch from Fahrenheit to Celsius with a press of the button and has instant temperature reading.

I've used it already on a recent potroast, grilled steak and roasted chicken, so I'm quite confident that the Cuisinart CSG-111 does the job. There is a warning not to leave it in the heat for too long of a time because the plastic can melt, which is common sense.

Personally, I would have loved it if the price is under $20, especially when other competitors sell there digital thermometer for under $15.

But other than that, the Cusinart CSG-111 works well, but considering there are other competitors that have theirs priced at under $15 and others who do sell in the $20+ price-point has much more, definitely do your research on digital thermometers.

Tommie Copper Men's Athletic Light Weight Compression Ankle Socks, Slate Grey/White/Black, Size 9-11.5
Price: $19.50

4.0 out of 5 stars These socks offer comfortable compression, wicking and anti-odor. Really snug, not too tight., June 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a runner, I believe in compression sleeves and compression socks.

Tommie Copper may have had a difficult situation last December with the FTC ruling due to their advertising practices of compression technology, but one shouldn't count out compression socks or sleeves.

If anything, you'll need to try it out for yourself and see if they work for you. Because there are those who believe in that compression sleeves and socks do work.

I actually have used compression socks to alleviate my plantar fascia (granted, that along with stretching and having to wear my running shoes with major padding during work, and a boot at night, I have worn compression socks during and after injury). In fact, whenever I go out running, I wear compression socks.

While I felt they helped personally for me, I don't know if it would help anyone else but for me, I believe they work and I still wear them.

These Tommie Copper compression socks are meant to be slightly tight. Not to the point of squeezing out blood circulation but more of fitting like a glove on your hand, but a sock that fits snugly around your foot.

They are anti-odor, they provide airflow mapping so mesh ventilation for breathability, arch support and an ergo-fit, so band does not roll or pinch.

And as ankle socks, for those that want to wear ankle socks that actually stay on your foot and not wanting them to completely show while wearing certain shoes, they worked really well.

As for the breakdown of material, they are 66% Nylon, 28% Comfortrel Polyester, 4% Olefin and 2% Spandex.

Now, one thing that may turn people off with compression socks are pricing. And Tommie Copper compression ankle socks are $19.50 for one pair. I know, that's more than two pairs of Balega running socks and there are competitors selling cheaper compression socks (I can't comment on how these cheaper ones are and how they compare).

For me, the fact that the Tommie Copper socks have wicking, are anti-odor and provide comfort and fit around my size 11 foot perfectly and not too tight but enough to provide comfortable compression, it's really hard to say anything negative about the sock at all.

While I'm not crazy about the price, I do like these compression Tommie Copper Light Weight Ankle Socks and recommend them!

Burt's Bees Men's Gift Set, 5 Products in Giftable Tin
Burt's Bees Men's Gift Set, 5 Products in Giftable Tin
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five great natural products in a men's gift set for a wonderful price! Recommended!, June 19, 2016
Today, I am reviewing the Burt's Bees "Men's Gift Set" which comes with:

• Natural Skin Care for Men Shave Creme
• Natural Skin Care for Men Aftershave
• Natural Skin Care for Men Body Wash
• Beeswax Lip Balm
• Hand Salve - Travel Size
• Burt’s Bees Heritage Box (tin case)

Burt's Bees Natural Skin Care for Men Shave Cream is 6 fl. oz. and is made with Calendula, Chamomile and Linden extract and it calms the skin, hydrates thanks to the chamomile and gives a close, smooth shave.

Burt's Bees Natural Skin Care for Men Aftershave is 2.5 fl. oz. and features a formula consisting of Sunflower and Coconut Oils and Vitamin E. The aftershave softens and moisturizes and hydrates with Sunflower and Coconut Oils, without leaving the skin greasy and nourishes with the Vitamin E.

The Burt's Bees Skin Care for Men Body Wash is 12 fl. oz. and features natural cleansers made from Coconut Oil with a refreshing Citrus Scent.

The kit also comes with a Burt's Bees award winning Beeswax Lip Balm which conditions the skin and features antioxidant Vitamin E which moisturizes and a hint of Peppermint Oil for a refreshing tingle.

And for those with super-dry hands, Burt's Bees Hand Salve is .30 oz and features botanical oils and Beeswax with a herbal scent for hand relief.

I have used the lip balm for years but it was the first time trying out the shave cream and aftershave. I didn't have any negative reactions to the shave cream (which I did have a smooth shave) or aftershave, while body wash was refreshing with its citrus scent. And the salve was simple and easy to use.

And for the Heritage Box (tin case), I used it to put on my bathroom shelve to hold my products, so definitely put it to good use.

Overall, this is a convenient and cool gift set that any man would feel good to receive from anyone. The product is not overpowering and the fact that its made with natural ingredients and it works very well is great but also the price for the overall set makes the Burt's Bees Gift Set for Men worth owning.

Recommended!

OtterBox COMMUTER SERIES Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Retail Packaging - GLACIER (WHITE/GUNMETAL GREY)
Offered by GADAIV
Price: $34.95
7 used & new from $26.79

4.0 out of 5 stars A little extra protection over the SYMMETERY CLEAR SERIES!, June 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used OtterBox products for many years now and I have found them to be dependable products.

The Commuter Series OtterBox products are also a series that offers protection but for those wanting something slim and lightweight and for people who are constantly on the go.

I. WHAT'S IN THE CASE:

You get the GLACIER (WHITE/GUNMETAL GREY) COMMUTER SERIES OtterBox case. Unfortunately, unlike the Samsung 7 COMMUTER SERIES cases, a screen protector is not included.

It's important to note that while OtterBox says GUNMETAL GREY, it's primarily grey, not the slight dark grayish gunmetal colors that one may be accustomed to seeing.

II. THE CASE

The case features drop protection, dust protection, screen protection and there is a dual layer protection offered (dual layer is the gunmetal gray rubber inside and then outside is the hard white shell). OtterBox offers a 1 year limited product warranty.

But this case allows for a good hole in the rear for the camera, bottom portion offers a snug flap just in case you need to recharge or put some head phones on. Volume buttons are conveniently placed and the power button on the right.

And the Commuter Series is not difficult to put your phone in and take it out, unlike other cases which can be a pain to remove from its case.

JUDGMENT CALL:

For the most part, OtterBox cases are awesome and dependable products. But in the case of what are your needs, Commuter Series gives you the protection with simplicity. Want better protection? Then go for the Defender Series. Want something slimmer, then go for the Symmetry Series.

Overall, want double the protection, dust protection and OtterBox quality for your Samsung Edge 7? You really can't go wrong with the Commuter Series cases from OtterBox but definitely do your research as the company offers so many different series and colors.

I do prefer the extra protection of the Commuter Series over the Symmetery Clear Series. Wish there was a screen protector that came with it, like the Commuter Series do with the Samsung 7 OtterBox Cases but I guess because of the curved Edge surface, they couldn't do it.

But for the price and that extra protection over the Symmetery Clear Series and a cheaper price over the Defender Series, the OtterBox COMMUTER SERIES Case for the Samsung Edge 7 is worth getting!

Franklin Sports Equipment Bag
Franklin Sports Equipment Bag
Price: $9.99
7 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for holding equipment, your children's toys/stuffed animals or used as a lightweight travel laundry bag!, June 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Franklin Sports Equipment Bag is a fairly large equipment bag at 25" x 36" and utilizes strong plastic meshing.

While schools, coaches or parents can easily utilize this bag to hold equipment or toys/stuffed animals to be kept indoors, it also works great as a lightweight travel laundry bag as well.

The only thing that I'm not sure is how durable this mesh is. Granted, one can stretch out the plastic mesh and rip it up but I'm not sure if it would withstand being left outdoors, especially through soggy winters and hot/dry weather during the summer. But in terms of an equipment bag to hold onto equipment and other things, and you are careful from preventing any snags, the bag works great.

If you are in need of an equipment bag to hold onto your athletic gear, balls, stuffed animals or travel the world and use it as a lightweight laundry bag, the Franklin Sports Equipment Bag is recommended!

Vornado 460 Compact Whole Room Air Circulator, White
Vornado 460 Compact Whole Room Air Circulator, White
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great air circulation, great price for the Vornado 460!, June 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a proud owner of a Vornado 660 Whole Room Air Circulator, I wanted to see how the Vornado 460 Compact Whole Room Air Circulator compares. Especially compared to a similar sized and priced Honeywell Turbo Force Whole Room Air Circulator.

First and foremost, the Vornado 460 is a bit smaller than the 660, moves air up to 70 ft (as opposed to the 660 which is 100 ft). While both have the chrome glide bar for full control of the airflow direction, the 460 has 3 airflow speeds and is switched by a mechanical knob versus the 660 which has five buttons (four speed + one to power on and off) on the top.

The 460 works perfectly for small office or for the bedroom as it really delivers great air circulation for its size. I feel at its fastest speed, it pumps out better airflow than the Honeywell Turbo Force Whole Room Air Circulator which I use in my work office.

Having used the Vornado 660 for the past few years, it's still going strong and I would imagine that the Vornado 460 retains the same quality. Personally, I am very pleased because it's good enough to fit on a desktop or table, or kept on the floor and keeping one cool. In fact, I'm typing my review while this Vornado 460 is circulating my home office.

A big question for some people is whether or not they should go for the Vornado 660 or the Vornado 460. For the living room, definitely the 660 for its larger size and speed, but it's important to mention that there is a misconception that one air circulator will make your room super cool. That's not not going to happen! It helps to circulate airflow but it's not a replacement for an air conditioner.

If I had to do it all again, knowing now how well the 460 circulates air, if I had only $100 to spend, I would purchase two 460's versus one 660.

Reason being is that I thought the four-speed would make a big difference, but in the last two years, we only used three of the four speeds of the 660 and I could see myself having a much easier time cooling my living room by having two 460's pointing on different corners, versus one 660. And getting two 460's is nearly the same price as getting one 660.

Don't get me wrong, I love our Vornado 660, it's larger and it really has great air circulation, but having used the 460 and for its price, I would get two 460's if I only wanted to spend $100. I would position two in different areas of the living room and can easily leave one and utilize the other in another room.

Otherwise, if you had $200 to spend, then you can spend and purchase two Vornado 660's (or four Vornado 460's).

But overall, I was quite impressed by how well the air circulation was with the smaller Vornado 460. It's more powerful than the Honeywell Turbo that I have in my office and I like that you can choose white or black versions.

For the price and it's great air circulation and compact size, the Vornado 460 Compact Whole Room Air Circulator is recommended!
Comment Comment | Permalink

OtterBox SYMMETRY CLEAR SERIES Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Retail Packaging - GREY CRYSTAL (CLEAR/GUNMETAL GREY)
Price: $35.96
7 used & new from $29.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, one-Piece Design, easily to install and remove a cell phone but the color was more Gray than GunMetal Gray., June 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For those who want a case that is simple and not bulky will find the OtterBox SYMMETRY CLEAR SERIES to their liking.

It's counterpart, the COMMUTER SERIES is slightly bulkier with two forms of protection, while the SYMMETRY CLEAR features a one piece design and protection, a clear scratch-resistant backing and is easy to install and remove your phone from the case.

Of course, the caveat with the SYMMETRY CLEAR SERIES is a) not as much protection compared to its slightly bulkier counterpart, the COMMUTER SERIES and b) unfortunately OtterBox does not include a screen protector like they do with the COMMUTER SERIES (which is cheaper than SYMMETRY). [NOTE: Screen protectors come with Samsung 7, but not Samsung 7 Edge for the COMMUTER SERIES]

The version I got was Gunmetal Gray version but unfortunately, this is not Gunmetal Gray (which is a darker shade of gray, in paint often a little metallic but was expecting a darker shade of gray), it was just gray. It looks darker in the photos but the actual product was not that dark.

But overall, the OtterBox SYMMETRY SERIES is for those who want protection but yet does not want to have anything too bulky. If you want better protection and are fine with a more bulkier design, then go for the COMMUTER SERIES or better yet, the DEFENDER SERIES.

But if you are looking for Gunmetal Gray, just know that this color leans more to regular gray and not like what you see on the product photos.

OtterBox SYMMETRY CLEAR SERIES Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Retail Packaging - BLACK CRYSTAL (CLEAR/BLACK)
Offered by Amazing Deals Online
Price: $39.00
15 used & new from $20.62

4.0 out of 5 stars For those who wanting an OtterBox S7 Edge Case that is slim, one-piece and provides drop protection, June 4, 2016

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20