Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for kevin831 > Reviews

Browse

kevin831's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kevin831 RSS Feed

Plantronics BackBeat 903+ Wireless Headphones with Mic - Compatible with iPhone, iPad, Android, and Other Smart Devices
Offered by johnnyfirehawk
Price: $99.99
90 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones and no more ear infections !!!, April 3, 2012
The 903+ is beautiful. Very good sound in both ears, good battery life, overcomes the road noise in my little car, people hear me just fine, and no more ear infections! These headphones sit in the 'well' of my ear and are not crammed into the canal where I would constantly get ear infections before. I have had the headphones 3-months and the ear infections have gone away. The tips of the headphone are directed to the ear canal and there is more than sufficient volume from these things to hear clearly - and in stereo. Seriously, one ear units are primarily a bother and not that great to begin with. Now I use these for driving, walking/exercising and working. Really convenient with a smartphone. Easy to use phone controls too.

Asus Dual Band Wireless-N 600 SOHO Router, Fast Ethernet, 8 Guest SSID, Parental Access Time Control (RT-N53)
Price: $49.73
101 used & new from $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased for Home use - Windows 7 issue now resolved, January 3, 2012
Got this ASUS RT-N53 on Christmas Eve and got it working in about 15-minutes, then tinkered with the additional SSID's for about another hour the next day. Very pleased with the speed, quick computer access on start-up and now my wife's Compaq Presario CQ-61 with Windows 7 now can access the internet with no issues.

My previous router was the Netgear WNR2000 that I had and worked without many problems for about 4-years. When I got my wife a laptop over a year ago, she had difficulty connecting wirelessly to the internet that often took over twenty minutes to resolve (including rebooting the router). It was just her laptop that was having the problem but then our Panasonic DMP-BD655 Blu-Ray Player with the Netflix feature started taking longer and longer to connect (hardwired to the router). The WNR2000 does have a pretty good Parental Control filter that I was pretty pleased with for the kids but didn't have good time control features. I was researching other Netgear routers and would have gotten the WNDR3800 or WNDR4500 for the faster processor and USB ports for external hard-drives. The ASUS RT-56N router then came on my radar thanks to Amazon's 'other products people bought' when researching this item feature. At about $130 the n56 got better speed ratings (fastest) and customer reviews - however it lacked parental controls and VPN to name a few items. So I went to get my 'wife' one more Christmas present and tried the N53 thinking I would return it if it disappointed me. I am very pleased with my decision and so is my wife! The Netflix issue is also fixed. I have 4-multi-media internet devises and tested movies on them at the same time...I am happy :) (I have Comcast internet as well and my Speedtest.net speeds are now 5mbps faster)

I have a pretty small house, so I cannot give any range comparisons. I have about 8+ wireless connections total, plus the Blu-Ray connected to the router and MagicJack plus. Everything is quickly connected to the internet and speed is quite a bit better than before.

The processor on the N53 is only about 30mhz slower than the N56 and about $50 cheaper and it still provides Gigabit ethernet network connections like the N56. I will use my router savings to go towards an Ethernet drive. I can now set access time to the internet for my kids to assist them with their 'time-management' issues based on their MAC address(s). I can also set-up URL filters but haven't got into that yet. No reboot or dropped connections - but it's only been 1.5 weeks.

I am now a very pleased ASUS network router convert and hope it can be a solution for you too. If not, send it back!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2012 8:30 AM PST