Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Browse

Kindle Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 118

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kindle Customer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Eight Hundred Grapes: A Novel
Eight Hundred Grapes: A Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable if not very predictable., May 4, 2016
What made this book work for me was the dialogue and the twists and turns it requires to get to the end of this book. Well done and I could easily see this book adapted to the big or small screen as I read in one of the earlier reviews.

The 24-Hour Wine Expert
The 24-Hour Wine Expert

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done as in everything she writes., May 3, 2016
A very concise and interesting start for wine beginners. This woman has been successfully writing wine books for a long time and is well respected and honored. She is a British Icon.

Journey to Munich: A Maisie Dobbs Novel
Journey to Munich: A Maisie Dobbs Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best., April 28, 2016
I haven't read a Maisie Dobbs novel in a while, but this was tense, very dramatic, and full of suspense. In many ways it is far edgier than many of her previous books. If you like this author, this will be a welcome read. Don't miss this.

Sideways 3 Chile
Sideways 3 Chile
Price: $7.55

5.0 out of 5 stars The third time is the charm., April 20, 2016
This review is from: Sideways 3 Chile (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book and admit to not having read the series in a while. There is humor aplenty, neurosis, and great writing. I missed all three main characters, Miles, Jack, and Maya and they are all here in this wonderful end to the Sideways Trilogy. I think this compares favorably with the other two books. It's always great to visit with Miles Raymond.

American Wino: A Tale of Reds, Whites, and One Man's Blues
American Wino: A Tale of Reds, Whites, and One Man's Blues
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure this was time well spent on my part., April 15, 2016
I almost stopped reading this two or three times but kept at it. It always seemed to me that this would be more appropriate at a comedy club or a play. Too long near the end so I skimmed over the final chapters. There is no pretense here but for me the reason I continued was the well crafted self- dialogues using slang and vernacular . If you enjoy crude jokes you might enjoy this.

Encore Provence: New Adventures in the South of France (Vintage Departures)
Encore Provence: New Adventures in the South of France (Vintage Departures)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but not as impactful as its predecessors., April 13, 2016
Still enjoy Peter Mayle and his Provence based writings but they are not as much fun as they used to be. I plodded through this more than I usually do and wondered why. Still agreeable but missing something of the originals.

Extra Virginity: The Sublime and Scandalous World of Olive Oil
Extra Virginity: The Sublime and Scandalous World of Olive Oil
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very provocative and investigative in scope . Well done., March 16, 2016
After reading this book, I realize I have never tasted really good or extraordinary extra virgin olive oil. We have all become accustomed to cheap oil that is not the real thing and at a cheap cost to consumers. We are all ripped off and it is sad to see fraud succeed and hard work of bona fide producers fail in the marketplace. Worth the time to read. You will never view extra virgin olive oil the same again, I assure you.

Wine in Words: Some Notes for Better Drinking
Wine in Words: Some Notes for Better Drinking
Offered by Penguin Random House Publisher Services
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well done. Enjoyed reading this ., January 19, 2016
I have been involved in the wine business for ten years now and thoroughly enjoyed reading this. It was humorous, entertaining, and fun to read not always easy when the topic is wine. The attitude is light hearted and pure fun.

American Wine: A Coming-of-Age Story
American Wine: A Coming-of-Age Story
Price: $14.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat interesting but poorly edited ., January 11, 2016
I found myself skimming over several chapters while reading this. I always felt like the author was trying to include too much information without much success . The book feels disjointed, boring at times and forgettable. Would not recommend . Time not well spent .

A History of the World in 6 Glasses
A History of the World in 6 Glasses
Price: $8.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Some chapters better than others., July 29, 2015
I enjoyed the book on the whole but felt like it got bogged down in some places. Would recommend to history buffs only. Not light reading , but interesting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12