Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 96

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kindle Customer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
The Vacationers: A Novel
The Vacationers: A Novel
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful summer romp ., August 7, 2014
Didn't think I would enjoy this, but I truly did. It's light, it's breezy, and I enjoyed the ending.The characters are well-written and the pace moves along nicely. it feels like a summer romance that has ended too suddenly.

Long Mile Home: Boston Under Attack, the City's Courageous Recovery, and the Epic Hunt for Justice
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars There aren't enough superlatives to describe this book., August 3, 2014
I grew up in the greater Boston area and haven't lived there for many years. This book was an inspiration to me and often made me grateful to the Boston Globe reporters who co-authored this to bring this story to those of us not in Boston during this senseless attack. Embrace this book , it will tug at your hear strings.

Summer House with Swimming Pool: A Novel
Summer House with Swimming Pool: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not compelling, nor boring. Simply interesting., July 26, 2014
I think I was expecting more from this than I received. I judged this by whether or not I wasted my time or not. I don't think it was time well spent for me. Doubt that I will read any of his other novels. Just wasn't to my taste.

And the Mountains Echoed: A Novel
And the Mountains Echoed: A Novel
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful story skillfully told. Will become a classic., July 17, 2014
For me there was too much sadness and too many characters to remember in this book. Nonetheless, it is so beautifully told that you will be drawn in at page 1.Well worth the effort.

The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair: A Novel
The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair: A Novel
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Too long and convoluted but worthwhile nonetheless., July 5, 2014
Don't pay attention to all the negative reviews. The writer is a gifted storyteller and knows how spin this tale. Yes, some of the plot was hardly believable, but the story kept on moving always in twists and turns. I recommend to anybody who loves mysteries and thrillers. I have to admit that I never was certain until the very end whodunit.

Stone Cold (Joe Pickett Book 14)
Stone Cold (Joe Pickett Book 14)
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read filled with adrenaline., June 30, 2014
I have only read one other C. J. Box book, but this one far surpassed the other one. Full of twists and turns galore. I enjoyed this very much and will continue reading other books in his Joe Pickett series. Well-done and fast-paced.

David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants
David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure I would recommend this., June 27, 2014
I have never read anything by this author before, but I know he is prolific.This felt very scattered to me and aimless. I often found myself asking " What is his point?". Often I couldn't answer that. Even as a book of essays it would still be too disjointed for me. Take my advice and pass on this book. I learned very little from reading this.

Brazil's Dance with the Devil: The World Cup, The Olympics, and the Fight for Democracy
Price: $8.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Too hard-hitting for me. I felt like he was preaching at me the whole time., June 25, 2014
While parts of this were interesting, I found myself saying over and over to myself " I get it already already".The author kept hitting repeatedly over subjects he covered amply . It seems like the big message of this book is that the World Cup and the Olympics simply cause more misery, displacement, and untold suffering for Brazilians before anyone rejoices about these sports extravaganzas. The people of Brazil have been ripped off and will continue to suffer the consequences over the decisions made by politicians.

American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A good examination of Seal behavior, war, and military life., June 17, 2014
I knew Chris Kyle was fatally shot before I read this. He provides an intense look at war and although he is a complete professional, he is not afraid to show all the warts and all. He seems very genuine, conflicted about his departure from the Seals, and at times a role model for the misbehaving jock. Often, I felt like he rambled on a bit, and I got a bit bored, but I thank him for his dedication and am sad his life was cut short.

The Fatal Gift of Beauty: The Trials of Amanda Knox
The Fatal Gift of Beauty: The Trials of Amanda Knox
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb journalistic investigation that provides rare insight into this travesty of justice., June 14, 2014
Truly surprised how many facts I didn't know that I thought I did. The authors analysis is so thought-provoking and scientific that I gained a new perspective on this infamous murder. I have to confess that I was living in the Pacific Northwest when all this unfolded and I believe the press covered this drama ad nauseam there. Nonetheless, this is a first-rate look into Amanda Knox and yields many answers that I always lacked before reading this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10