Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Roseanne T. Sullivan > Reviews

Browse

Roseanne T. Sull...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Roseanne T. Sullivan RSS Feed (San Jose)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Freelance Writer's Battle: How to Shatter the Nine Myths that Stop Freelance Writing Success
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars No Easy Answers, But Good Information, July 23, 2016
This book has a lot of interesting and useful information about the current freelance marketplace. I'm a writer who has spent almost a lifetime trying to figure out how to make a living at it. I did make a great living for twenty-five years as a computer technical writer, which is a path I took after earning an M.A. emphasis writing, because I needed to support my family. Since I was laid off from tech writing, I have been publishing almost everything I write and collecting readers for my blog, but not making more than $1,000 a year on what I've written. This book looks at all the myths, tells you that there is truth in all of them, and doesn't offer any easy answers. For me the answer is to continue to write because it is my calling, like many writers before me. The book is well worth the read so you too can make an informed decision about what your chances are and where you should best concentrate your energies.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2016 10:20 AM PDT

Danielle Enterprises Soft Touch 10X Magnification Round Vanity Mirror, Silver
Danielle Enterprises Soft Touch 10X Magnification Round Vanity Mirror, Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars Chrome finish seems to be chrome colored plastic. Nice, otherwise., July 6, 2015
It's nice, but when I selected chrome finish, I expected real chrome. The "soft-touch" finish looks to be plastic. I don't like plastic accessories, but I like this well enough to not go through the trouble of returning it. I wish the product listing had been specific about what materials are used for the frame.

BRAINERD 64277 French Lace Single Decorator Wall Plate / Switch Plate / Cover, Sponged Copper
3 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Color didn't match earlier order. And the larger size is a bit of a problem.I know it is stated that the size is larger, but .., May 25, 2015
The color on this plate didn't match the color on the triple switch plate that was supposed to be of the same style "sponged copper." This plate is much more brassy than the other one Also, it's bigger than a normal switch, I can't get it to fit correctly in the space where the former switch plate was.

iOttie Easy One Touch Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6s/6, Galaxy S7/S6- Retail Packaging- Black
Price: $16.95
15 used & new from $12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Reattachment was easy. (Correction to an earlier negative review.), April 20, 2015
I used it for about six months. I wrote an earlier review that said it didn't reattach as promised after washing. That was my fault. I forgot to lower the clamping arm.

Cotton Craft 2 Piece Reversible Step Out Bath Mat Rug Set 17x24 White, 100% Pure Cotton, Super Soft, Plush & Absorbent, Hand Tufted Heavy Weight Construction, Full Reversible, Rug Pad Recommended
Offered by Orient Originals
Price: $13.99

1.0 out of 5 stars The mats look nice, but they started to have loose threads the ..., April 20, 2015
The mats look nice, but they started to have loose threads the first time I washed them. Shoddy quality. Many goods are being made in China that look like the same quality, but they don't live up to the other requirements. In this case, the bath mats should be able to be laundered and not fall apart.
Comment Comment | Permalink

15 Minute Vegetarian Gourmet
15 Minute Vegetarian Gourmet
by Paulette Mitchell
37 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My Personal Favorite Cookbook by a Genius Cookbook Writer, August 7, 2014
One of the cookbooks by this author won a contest in Paris, which earned it the title, Best Cookbook in the World. This cookbook is my personal favorite. Somehow she manages to create subtley multiflavored dishes without any salt. Although I add salt anyway. I think she is a genius.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Love the concept, but it broke the vanes on the vents, August 9, 2013
I love using this. It holds my new iPhone at a good viewing position, makes it easy to ask Siri for directions and for calls to be made to people in my Contacts list. But connecting this phone holder to the vanes on the vents for the HVAC, broke the vanes. I tried it out on 5 vanes and they are now broken. I can force them into position so they look okay, but the vanes no longer move when I adjust the vent.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2013 1:39 PM PDT

A Treasury of the Sierra Nevada
A Treasury of the Sierra Nevada
by Robert Leonard Reid
20 used & new from $1.43

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sierras, Described by the Original White Explorers and Visitors, January 14, 2013
I bought this collection of writings about the Sierras to read when I stayed in a cabin up there. I enjoyed it a lot.

Mark Twain's article in this book, which is called "The Fairest Picture," is from his book, Roughing It, and it is about camping on Lake Tahoe. That is the only story from this book that I remember vividly, these ten years later, since it went from inspiring to hilarious and back to inspiring from one paragraph to the next. I'll never forget being shocked, horrified, yet intrigued with the part about how Twain accidentally started a forest fire at the edge of the lake while making dinner, and how he and his friend were driven off the land by the flames. From their little boat they watched fascinated for four hours at the spectacle reflected in the lake while the fire consumed the undergrowth and the trees and raged over the ridges and away through the mountains.

A few years ago, on a steamboat called the Delta Queen that takes tourists out on Lake Tahoe, I met a Mark Twain impersonator who has managed to get permission to have the cove where Twain and his friend watched the blaze dedicated to Twain. But that's another story.

50 Fabulous Flea Market Makeovers
50 Fabulous Flea Market Makeovers
by BJ Berti
37 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting projects with step by step instructions, December 29, 2012
The projects portrayed in this book can serve as examples of how to take castaway items and turn them into attractive, useful items for the home. Lists the tools and materials needed for each project.

Journey Out of the Garden: St. Francis of Assisi and the Process of Individuation
by Susan W. McMichaels
24 used & new from $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars What does it profit our knowledge of a saint to psychoanalyze him?, December 22, 2012
The back cover blurb says, "In this fascinating new study of Francis of Assisi, author Susan W. McMichaels describes one man's struggle to become the hero of his own life."

What does it profit our knowledge of a saint to subject him to the theories of someone like Jung? In this book, the jargon of Jung, which was picked up by Joseph Campbell and embraced by public television viewers everywhere, is applied to a Catholic mystic: Suddenly the poverello, the little poor one of Assisi, was not simply seeking to follow Lady Poverty and Jesus Christ with a great passion. The poverello according to Jung according to McMichaels was a non-conformist on a quest to be individuated, to get out of the garden and to become his own hero. I think not.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3