Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for David > Reviews

Browse

David's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Apple MacBook Pro MD101LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop
Apple MacBook Pro MD101LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop
244 used & new from $489.00

5.0 out of 5 stars ALSO a pc user... 's review, September 23, 2012
As you can see from the title, I also use PC. My desktop is a PC and the macbook pro is just something I picked up.

This laptop is an absolute beauty. The Mac OS is surprisingly fun. Windows allows more "tweaking" but the Mac was just plain fun to use.

The display's resolution isn't the best. However......... Actually, I'm not going into ANY details on the pros as you can probably see from all the other reviews.

***************************
I want to mention a few cosmetic caveats:

The aluminum: VERY beautiful but also VERY prone to damage. Try not to get too much sweat on the aluminum, as it will cause these black specks to appear that cannot be erased. I recommend getting a palmguard as well as an outer case/ skin.

Keyboard: the material of the keycaps WILL wear out. I know a lot about keyboards and this type of material will definitely gloss up/ wear out. I recommend a keyboard skin.

Besides these 2 caveats, I still give this a 5/5. Very nice.

Oh right... honestly, comparing PC to APPLE, the price is a little steep. Everyone knows that Apple charges more because it produces it's own thing. However, it's still a great machine.

ASUS UX31 13-Inch Laptop [2012 model]
ASUS UX31 13-Inch Laptop [2012 model]
Offered by EZ Mart
Price: $899.00
4 used & new from $499.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality control issues NEED to be addressed, September 21, 2012
I can imagine this ultrabook being perfect in every way with some quality control.

#1: Dead/ stuck pixels. I went through 3 of these ultrabooks. 7, 2, 2 dead/stuck pixels respectively.

#2: sandisk vs adata ssd. All 3 were sandisk. I don't know about you, but how can someone live with a $1000+ ultrabook knowing they could have had a much better ssd. Granted the sandisk ssd isn't "slow" compared to hdds, the transfer rates are noticeably slower compared to other ssds.

#3: Rubber feet: 2 / 3 of my ultrabooks were wobbly, the rubber feet don't seem to align.

Some improvements to be made: trackpad. I found that even with updated drivers, the trackpad definitely has issues.

This ultrabook looks and feels like a very high quality piece of technology. The box is very nice as well as the included accessories. However, quality control is absolutely horrible. I really can't believe I went through 3. I ultimately decided not to try my luck with #4 and bought a different laptop.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2012 6:25 PM PDT

Mr. Clean 444602 Mini Static Duster
Mr. Clean 444602 Mini Static Duster

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, February 17, 2012
I was surprised this product was so cheap, especially as a 4 pack. The quality is there, doesn't seem to be falling apart, and best of all, it WORKS as advertised. Maybe that's why it's out of stock, since it's a bang for your buck.

Meguiar's M40 Mirror Glaze Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner & Conditioner - 16 oz.
Meguiar's M40 Mirror Glaze Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner & Conditioner - 16 oz.
Price: $8.14
45 used & new from $7.53

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW - from a detailer's perspective, February 17, 2012
I am a part-time detailer and had a chance to get my hands on hundreds of products. For the dash/ vinyl, I always recommended 303 protectant and I still rank that as my top item. HOWEVER, for me, Meguiars #40 serves a new purpose: HARD, TEXTURED PLASTICS. The plastics you see usually around the bottom portion of the seat, door sills, seatbelt areas, bottom portion of interior door panels...

This produces a very "full and thorough" matte shine (if that even makes sense). It's perfect for hard plastics since ordinary or even superb protectants don't produce that full effect on hard plastics.

Very easy to apply as well. Simply wipe on and wipe off after letting it set for a few seconds. 5 stars!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2014 11:38 AM PST

GreatShield "EZseal Plus" 100% Bubble Free Guaranteed Anti-Glare (Matte) Screen Protector Film Mask for iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S AT&T, Verizon, Sprint Version (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars almost 100% perfect, January 6, 2012
I don't do reviews on things like this but I thought I'd share since screen protectors are one of the biggest pet peeves of mine.

This one advertises 100% bubble free: yes true if you are careful (by careful, I don't meant pretend you're doing a live surgery, just careful as in you are trying to protect your phone)

The black color borders actually look nice, if you are worried about that.

TIP: just because it repels bubbles doesn't mean it does the same with dust. Take a hot shower and leave doors closed, then apply screen protector.

TIP: I suggest you start from bottom up. Try to adjust at the circle home button of the iphone.

Worth the money? Well... if you are like me and fail almost 100% of the time on the first or second try with screen protectors because of the bubbles or dust, get this one.

If you are a professional with other screen protectors, save some money and get that one.

Human Toolz 3-in-1 Notebook Pad (Galaxy Black)
Human Toolz 3-in-1 Notebook Pad (Galaxy Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, October 25, 2011
I use this to cover my laptop keyboard, as well as a screen wiper. It does what it does, and the quality is nice.

Nutri-Vet® Hip & Joint PLUS Chewables for Small Dogs, 100ct
Nutri-Vet® Hip & Joint PLUS Chewables for Small Dogs, 100ct
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog likes it, breaks very easily., October 25, 2011
I have a small dog (yorky/maltese)

I feed him 1/5ths of a tablet 2x a day.

Breaking these tablets is very easy to do. It doesn't crumble easily, but rather breaks apart nicely. Also, my dog had no problem eating it right off my fingers.

As for the results, they are quite noticeable. Within 2 weeks his limping from one of his hind legs, which my doctor says it's not worth it to get surgery because of the long recovery/ possible infections, has gotten much better. I would recommend this product. Oh, and between the different levels, (level 1, 2 3) of this product, I called Nutrivet and they said Level 1 is mainly for the younger dogs, just to prevent joint problems. Level 2 can be used for dogs who may demonstrate joint problems/ limping, etc. Level 3 is for the dogs with bad joint problems.

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-WX9 16.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Still Camera with Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 5x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080/60i Video (Black)
25 used & new from $63.00

5.0 out of 5 stars bad ergonomics/ photos/ battery life?? are you kidding me?, October 25, 2011
I've read the negative reviews and the 3 key reasons to negative reviews were: small buttons, bad photo quality, short battery life.

I bought another genuine battery the same time as I purchased the camera because of the reviews. I can say that the battery life is NOT short. (that is to say, it's not very very good either). You can go on a day trip, take a good share of photos (~200), and there will be some battery left. I took a total of 220 photos out on a trip to a university, and I still had battery life. I also took a 20 minute 1080i, 24m video in my house, and the battery wasn't close to draining out.

Small buttons? Come on, these buttons are fine. Some people complain about the scroll wheel, it just takes time getting used to.

Photo quality is excellent. You can't compare to a nice dslr people, that's not the selling point of this type of camera. The photo quality is very similar to that of the Sony hx7v (which I also have owned), just not as many options as the ladder.

The build is very nice, and the silver color looks excellent (not that cheap silver, but brushed, darker silver)

All in all, for the price point, this camera is very nice.

Razer Deathadder Infrared Gaming Mouse
Razer Deathadder Infrared Gaming Mouse
Offered by BinkieMelane
Price: $65.69
3 used & new from $52.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the STANDARD version, October 21, 2011
So I've been using the deathadder as well as other mice for as long as I can remember. I am a tech-savvy, must-buy-anything-new kinda guy.

Let me just tell you in my mouse collection, I have: Steelseries Kinzu, Steelseries Xai, Steelseries Sensei, Thermaltake TT esports black, Zowie EC2, Logitech G500, Logitech G5, Razer abyssus, Razer Deathadder Black, Razer Deathadder 3.5g, Razer Deathadder 1.8g.

The Deathadder is a wonderful mouse. It is designed for a comfortable palm grip, but I (and many others), find it perfect for finger-tip/ claw grip. The left and right clicks are very easy to click so you can essentially position your hands in any manner.

I say get the "standard" edition over the black edition because of one reason. The black edition's side grip "rubber" wears out... very quickly (1-2 months). I take extremely good care of my mice and the last 2 deathadder black edition mice I had, demonstrated the rubber rubbing off completely in one portion (1 cm x 1 cm spot) on the right side of the mouse.

The standard edition features plastic sides, where although it might not feel as comfortable as rubber sides, at least it will stay like that.

Other than that, the standard edition of the razer deathadder has a rubber top that is quite durable (my original deathadder 1.8g lasted me a good 2 years, and still going strong).

The scroll wheel does not wobble like some other mice I used in the past. The braiding on the cable is quite high quality, with gold plated usb connection.

The teflon feet is of nice quality, but I do recommend purchasing hyperglides mouse skates for the future. (excellent mouse feet for very cheap).

The razer glowing logo can be turned off if desired using the razer drivers.

The biggest PRO about this mouse is its tracking. The sensor is absolutely amazing. I am a high sensitivity gamer and not once has this mouse jumped on me. (I use the steelseries 4hd mouse pad)

The tracking just glides over the screen, very smoothly.

All in all, this is an excellent mouse, fairly priced, and will last you quite a long time. But please, buy the standard edition, you won't have any problems with material rubbing off.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2012 6:25 PM PST

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Offered by Shopville USA
Price: $44.99
205 used & new from $21.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, June 22, 2011
I played this on a friend's 3ds. Amazing game, get it! 3d works well, controls are nice, very hard to put down.

Page: 1 | 2