Profile for Marjorie Yaspan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Marjorie Yaspan "Marge" RSS Feed (Huntington Station, NY USA)

Dream Work
Dream Work
by Mary Oliver
Price: $13.09
88 used & new from $1.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream Work is magic, July 5, 2009
This review is from: Dream Work (Paperback)
I love Mary Oliver's magnificent poetry. She helps the reader feel the connection between nature and the Divine. "The Journey," Mary's incredible poem about loving and saving oneself is a rare gem. As a psychotherapist, I see so many people who do not see freedom for themselves as an option. They feel imprisoned by others, convention, their own harsh self-judgement. A reading and understanding of "The Journey," can be the first incredible step towards freeing one's spirit, allowing it to take flight and soar. I cannot read this poem without my heart filling with gratitude. I took the journey for myself years ago and "...saved the only life I could save;my own." God bless Mary Oliver.

by Alice Hoffman
141 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her Finest, June 26, 2009
The Story Sisters: A Novel
I have read all of A. Hoffman's novels. She is a brilliant writer and tells wonderful, imaginative, compelling stories.
I am a psychotherapist and cannot believe how deeply she understands human nature; young people, in particular. I'm currently reading The Story Sisters and it's one of her best. I can't put it down. I highly recommend this book.