Profile for Jenny MacDonald > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jenny MacDonald RSS Feed (Canada)

The Tao of Equus: A Woman's Journey of Healing and Transformation Through the Way of the Horse
by Linda Kohanov
96 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A book written especially for me and my horses!, May 8, 2005
I savoured this book, re-read paragraphs as I went along, and made it last for as long as I could. You may want to start with the last chapter first, as it hits on the familiarity of animal communication and sets you up for the rest of the book. I think it could be the type of book where it doesn't matter where you open it up and read ~ her entire subject is so diverse and fascinating that you are sure to re-read many parts over anyway!
She takes us to the other world of understanding horses, to the spirit side of communication. My children have wondered why I can make a hyper horse "whoa" just by "thinking whoa". I have told them that the horse hears what I'm saying in my head. They are now also using non-verbal communication, and 'visioning' to communicate to their horses with much success. This book gave me good stories to read to my horse crazy daughters, which gives proof to the "unexplained". I was enthralled while reading and felt that what I have sensed is confirmed by Linda Kohanov's ingenious writing. Her words are a song and a story and a lot of research combined. I rushed out and bought her second book before I finished reading this one!