Profile for Doc Stew > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 426

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Doc Stew RSS Feed (IL)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Case Logic KDH-101 Kontrast DSLR Zoom Holster (Black)
Case Logic KDH-101 Kontrast DSLR Zoom Holster (Black)
Price: $40.02
3 used & new from $40.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Grea, sturdyt case with a couple caveats, July 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've got a Nikon D7000 with a 55-300mm lens, and this fits it very well. It's snug, but it does fit the zoom lens attached to the camera.

It's got a hammock that the camera sits in. It's nice in that it cushions the camera, but it's hard to remove quickly. There are many times I need to get a quick picture, and my camera gets hung up in that hammock. It's annoying, but it does keep it protected.

It's got a hard plastic bottom, so you don't have to worry about setting this on a wet table or a rough surface. It's got padded sides and is very protected if it falls over or even gets dropped.

There are several exterior pockets, but none of them are very big. My huge charger for my camera doesn't fit, though admittedly the charger for the D7000 is enormous. Carrying that around would defeat the purpose of this case, which is to carry around your camera and one lens for quick photo ops.

This is not the kind of case you would use if you have more than one lens that you want to bring on a trip. It's meant for carrying around one camera attached to one lens, with a few exterior pockets for incidentals. I recommend giving this case a shot, though keep in mind its limitations.

Dyna Glo DG400C Premium Grill Cover, Medium
Dyna Glo DG400C Premium Grill Cover, Medium
Price: $53.51
11 used & new from $45.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits the Weber Genesis E-310 perfectly. Higher quality than the Weber grill cover, July 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a Weber E-310 grill and got the Weber grill cover to go along with it. It ripped after the first strong storm, and luckily I had the chance to try out this Dyna Glo cover.

It fits my grill perfectly. The front and back are equivalent in measurements, so I reverse it to hide the Dyna Glo name. It's pure black, understated, and very functional. It's got handles that surprisingly makes it very easy to take on and off. At first I didn't think I'd use them, but as it turns out they're much more useful than I first thought.

It's got velcro straps to keep it tight at the bottom, and thus far has survived several storms. It's made of high quality nylon, and so far has held up much better than any other grill cover I've owned. Highly recommended!

Wenzel Traveler Pack, Black, 23 x 12 x 13-Inch
Wenzel Traveler Pack, Black, 23 x 12 x 13-Inch
Price: $60.40
4 used & new from $48.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Large, tons of space and zippered pockets - not your school backpack, July 17, 2015
This review is from: Wenzel Traveler Pack (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I own a number of daypacks, and this lies somewhere in the middle.

First of all, it's large. It's heavy. This is NOT your daily college backpack. This is meant for weekend getaways, hiking trips, and day trips. It's huge, roomy, and relatively sturdy.

It has a plethora of zippered pockets. I don't know that I've ever owned a pack with more zippered pockets. Frankly, it's way more than I feel is necessary, unless you typically have pockets full of random items that need to be stored.

It has a solid, firm, plastic back for the frame. It has a zippered waist belt that tucks away when not needed. It has a padded back, but definitely is much stiffer than your typical pack. The top handle is useful but not as sturdy as I would've liked. When this pack is full, it gets heavy, and I fear the handle may break loose if that's how you're carrying the pack.

It has a detachable smaller pack that my daughter loves to wear. It's not really useful as it's quite small, but for a 3 year old, it's perfect.

The fabric is very thin (like tissue paper), though strong. I'm sure they did it this way to keep the weight down, though I would've preferred ripstop nylon instead. It just has a "cheap" feeling to it, and makes me think it won't last long.

Overall, this is useful for a weekend getaway pack. It's great for hiking, though I prefer REI/Kelty packs instead. It seems a bit expensive for the materials used, but it certainly has plenty of room and pockets galore. Worth a try if it's in your budget.

Polar Ware 2J Stainless Steel Dressing Jar with Slip-Over Cover, 1-7/8 qt. Capacity
Price: $79.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a medical practice, easily can be autoclaved, July 8, 2015
I use this in my veterinary clinic, and it's perfect. For some reason I couldn't find these through our normal distributors, but of course Amazon had them! Too bad only one was available, but I am grateful for that.

These are stainless steel, so they can be autoclaved without issue. They hold a lot of gauze (if that's something you want to do), and it can all be wrapped up in an autoclave package without any problems.

Recommended!

Captive Cables - Cable Management Sleeve [4 Pack] - Cord Management System for PC / TV / Home Entertainment
Offered by Otley Creations Limited
Price: $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for hiding cables, but enormous logo makes it unsightly, July 8, 2015
I used these sleeves to hide some cables to a monitor that was hung up on a wall, and they worked very well. You can hide a lot of cables in these sleeves, as they are made of neoprene which is stretchy and forgiving. The zipper is easy to engage and zips up easily.

The only downside is the enormous, bright white "Captive Cables" written on the side. I get that you have to do some branding, but does it have to be SO obvious? Especially on a product that is meant to conceal something?

Besides that, these are great and I would gladly pay full price. I did receive these at a very discounted price in exchange for an honest review.

Bosch GLL 2-20 360-Degree Self-Leveling Line and Cross Laser
Bosch GLL 2-20 360-Degree Self-Leveling Line and Cross Laser
Offered by Nicklesonline
Price: $199.98
10 used & new from $189.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic, useful device for a serious DIYer or contracter, July 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a number of Bosch laser levels, and this one so far is my favorite.

It is typical Bosch quality - well made, light and durable. It comes with a nice case and a positioning device. It has a 1/4" female screw on the bottom for attaching to a tripod (I use Bosch's tripod, but it also fits on my camera's tripod).

What I love about this level is that it projects a 360 degree horizontal line. This is perfect for:

hanging a dropped tile ceiling (what I used it for)
hanging cabinets
aligning window rough ins
make sure picture frames are all hung at the same height
crown molding
wainscotting
painting half walls a different color
hanging chair rail

You get the idea. It has a vertical line that also acts as a cross beam, or to make sure you are plumb.

It easily locks the lines in place once level, and lets you know when you are no longer level.

I highly recommend this laser level. It's pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Bosch GLL 3-50 Three-Line Laser with Layout Beam and L-Boxx
Bosch GLL 3-50 Three-Line Laser with Layout Beam and L-Boxx
Price: Click here to see our price
3 used & new from $252.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic do-it-all laser level for indoor use only, June 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I own a number of laser levels, and this is my favorite one. Bosch makes high quality products in my experience, and this feels like a premium device.

It comes in a rather large box (with an L-BOXX container). The L-BOXX container is part of Bosch's cases that all stack/fit together snugly. This is great for people/contractors that own a number of Bosch tools so they can travel together well.

The level itself is relatively small and light. It can attach to a tripod by itself, or to the 3 legged mounting base. The mounting base is very versatile, allowing you to pan/tilt this in any direction you want. I used it to attach to a door frame and it was perfectly snug.

This is a 3 line laser - two vertical, one horizontal, and one down point to make sure you are plumb. It's the most useful, all-in-one laser level I've ever used.

The level works like all others - keep pressing the button to get more lines, and press it again until everything turns off. It's extremely accurate in my testing, spanning a 30 foot room without any error that I could detect.

I absolutely love this laser level. It comes at a premium price, but for contractors or the serious DIYer, it's a no-brainer - just get it and never have the need to get another one.

One word of caution - I could not see the laser lines outdoors at all. This is best used indoors only - keep that in mind.

Panlong 3 Port 4K UHD HDMI Switch with Audio Extractor Splitter with IR Remote, Optical SPDIF & RCA Audio Out Supports 2160P, 1080P, 3D and ARC
Offered by Ace Deal
Price: $44.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, but occasionally doesn't switch to the correct input, June 24, 2015
This is a handy device for those that don't have enough HDMI ports on their TVs or receivers. I use this with my soundbar, so everything connects to this device, outputs through the soundbar and into the TV. It provides audio out for both HDMI and optical, so it will work with either/or.

It has a remote, which is about the size of a long book of matches. It comes with a power cord, and will not work without it.

It has "automatic switching", where it'll switch to the input that's currently active. However, in my testing I have found that it is not always reliable. At times I've had to manually switch to the input I'm watching.

It's made of metal and has a nice heft to it. Still, it is a bit overpriced compared to competition. All in all, it's pretty good for those that need more HDMI inputs.

AmazonBasics 13.3-Inch Laptop Sleeve
AmazonBasics 13.3-Inch Laptop Sleeve
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Asus Zenbook UX305 like a glove, June 24, 2015
I got this to house my new Asus Zenbook UX305 13.3" ultrabook, and it fits perfectly. There's adequate padding and plenty of room on the inside for a thicker laptop. However, this would definitely not fit anything larger than 13.3", as it barely closes around my laptop.

Knee Brace by VIVE - Best Neoprene Open Patella Compression Support Sleeve for Runners Knee, ACL Injury, Arthritis, Immobilizer - One Size Fits Most - Satisfaction Guarantee
Offered by HEALTH SOURCE
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great knee brace that will fit most people, June 16, 2015
My wife just had knee surgery and wanted this for extra support. She's average build, and it fits over her knee very well despite the swelling from surgery. It keeps her patella in place (kneecap), but allows her to comfortably move her knee.

It closes with 3 large velcro straps, making it quite adjustable. I don't feel this would fit someone with an extremely large or small (child) knee, but will fit about 90% of people.

I was provided this item in exchange for an honest review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20