Profile for Peter J. Barton > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peter J. Barton RSS Feed (Camp Victory, Iraq)

Cirago International (Direct) NUS2000 CiragoLink+ USB Network Storage
Cirago International (Direct) NUS2000 CiragoLink+ USB Network Storage
Price: $60.45
9 used & new from $44.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not recognize ExFat, September 22, 2014
No Support for ExFat. I bought this hoping to put my two external movie drives on it. It does not support ExFat which is a problem for me. I have a mix of Mac and Windows machines and ExFat is the best solution for me. Fat32 has a file size limitation of 4GB and NTFS is not MAC friendly... It doesn't seem difficult to add ExFat support

SmartFold SCR3500 Smart Card Reader
SmartFold SCR3500 Smart Card Reader
Offered by SCB Solutions, Inc.
Price: $17.35
7 used & new from $13.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, and is convenient, November 13, 2013
Works great, I get a lot of comments from people who want it. It is very compact, and gets the job done

WD Nomad Rugged Case
WD Nomad Rugged Case
Offered by Inkwell Gifts
Price: $44.99
18 used & new from $44.99

4.0 out of 5 stars really good protection, November 13, 2013
This is a great case for protecting the hard drive. The only thing stopping me from giving it 5 stars is that there is no storage for the cable. Also you need to be careful when inserting the cable, it would be rather easy to damage the pins if you are not careful

Melissa & Doug Trunki Tote - Pink/Purple
Melissa & Doug Trunki Tote - Pink/Purple
Price: $14.99
10 used & new from $10.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Works As described, November 13, 2013
works as described, with no issues. I'd say its a tad pricey, but my daughter Loves it. convenient for keeping small toys in one place on trips.

GMYLE(TM) 5Gbps BC618T 54mm 2 Port USB 3.0 Laptop Express Card support win7
GMYLE(TM) 5Gbps BC618T 54mm 2 Port USB 3.0 Laptop Express Card support win7
Offered by gigacity_amn
Price: $13.98
2 used & new from $8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, November 13, 2013
When I plug this into my Dell 6420 I get an error that the USB is trying to use too much power. I am in Afghanistan, so returning it is more of a hastle than its worth.

Da-Lite Screen 203 Project-o Stand Projection 11.25INX19IN Table Shelf
Da-Lite Screen 203 Project-o Stand Projection 11.25INX19IN Table Shelf
Offered by PORTABLE GUY
Price: $130.28
25 used & new from $123.64

4.0 out of 5 stars good for its purpose, September 22, 2011
I bought this for my outdoor projector setup, and it works quite well. It is very high quality. I was a little put back by the price, but I do think it was a decent buy. The only thing I didnt like is that I wish it was able to go about an inch lower. To get my projector to fit my screen; I need to put a small book under the back of my projector.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2013 10:56 AM PST

Camp Chef 120-Inch Portable Outdoor Movie Theater Screen
Camp Chef 120-Inch Portable Outdoor Movie Theater Screen
Price: $222.99
13 used & new from $189.54

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, September 22, 2011
I purchased this screen along with an Acer H5360 projector. I like this screen a lot. it sets up really easily and has a hood picture. I have not used it outside yet due to weather, but I have set it up and used it indoors. I would think that if using it outdoors then using the stakes will be really important. The screen and bag are made of really heavy duty material. The screen has wrinkles in it that did not straighten out, but it's barely noticeable. I am considering using a steamer to straighten it out but I want to check with the manufacturer to make sure it's safe to do so first. I was disappointed with the quality of the zipper on the bag. The very first time I used it both zippers broke (it's a double zipper I would think that with the high quality heavy duty material they used for the screen and the bag, they would have used a heavy duty zipper as well. It's not that big a deal, the bag is still functional without it. I have some concerns that the frame could get damaged over time if it's not properly secured / staked down. Overall I think this was a good buy. I chose this screen over the air blown type because I figured it did not require electricity and I wouldn't have to worry about fan noise etc. I think the same concerns I have about this screen would be bigger worries with an air blown screen. Overall I am excited about this screen and look forward to many years of memories!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2011 6:11 AM PDT

Acer® H5360 3D-DLP Projector
Acer® H5360 3D-DLP Projector
2 used & new from $495.00

5.0 out of 5 stars fit my needs perfectly, September 21, 2011
I purchased this projector along with a Camp Chef outdoor screen. My intent was not to use this as a daily use TV. I bought this specifically for outdoor family movies. I did not use this yet outdoors because the weather has not cooperated. I was able to set up the screen (barely) inside and the whole family was really impressed. My total setup is this projector the Camp Chef 120 inch outdoor projector screen, a project o projector stand, and an old Samsung sound bar / subwoofer I had lying around. As stated before I was really impressed with the setup, the quality was much higher than I expected. The projector was extremely easy to set up; the auto keystone feature is great. It was all but plug and play. The only thing I had to do was to adjust the zoom and focus it. The brightness was great; at night (the intended time to use it) the picture was bright and crystal clear. I used it during the day the next day just to see how it held up with the room well lit, and there was a noticeable drop off but it was still "usable". I live in Hawaii so I was curious how it would handle a daytime Super Bowl party... I was not impressed with the daylight operation, but for those of you on the east coast this is the ultimate Super Bowl setup!!! The projector has "sound" options but it would only really be suited for presentations... it is much like listening to music on a phone without headphones if that paints a picture for you. I turned the volume down and used the sound bar I had laying around. Overall I was very impressed with this projector. I had no idea I could get this high quality of a picture for this price. I would definitely recommend this to a friend

Career Diplomacy: Life and Work in the U.S. Foreign Service
Career Diplomacy: Life and Work in the U.S. Foreign Service
by Harry W. Kopp
38 used & new from $3.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overview, August 24, 2010
This is a good book for anyone who is interested in how the foreign service works. As with all other books I have come accross on this topic there are a lot of generalizations, and it seems to be written under the nose of "big brother" if you will. I think this is an absolute must read for anyone considering a career in the Foreign Service, but do not expect it to answer all your questions. For instance there is no further insight into assignments or career progression than is available free of charge on the State Dept. web site. There is however a little more descript explaination about the different career tracks. While I am still looking for a book that gives a little better "behind the scenes" look I definitely think this was a great buy.

Griffin iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Auto Charger for iPod (Black)
Griffin iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Auto Charger for iPod (Black)
Offered by Kay Store
Price: $20.99
13 used & new from $17.95

3.0 out of 5 stars will not charge IPOD Nano, May 5, 2009
First of all this device works great as far as the FM transmitter is concerned. The vehicle I am driving in Iraq gets very poor radio reception, and I have had trouble with other units. With this Unit the vehicle gets crystal clear reception. That being said it does not work completely as advertised. when I plug it in my Ipod displays "charging not supported by this Ipod accessory". It does however auto shut off when the vehicle is turned off (my power outlet does not provide power when the vehicle is off), and turns back on when the vehicle is turned back on. The Radio transmitter is powered by the vehicle, so battery life should be similar to using it with headphones. overall I am satisfied based on the fm transmitter, and the price, but on a long road trip the battery will eventually die.