Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Jay R. Dee 2 > Reviews

Browse

Jay R. Dee 2's Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jay R. Dee 2 RSS Feed (NY, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gore
Gore
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A stellar evolution, April 8, 2016
This review is from: Gore (MP3 Music)
I am really loving this album! First off, It is a paradox for a 90s band to still be making quality music this far into their career. Most of those bands either went mainstream and lost their edge, or kept sounding the same and faded. Ive been a listener since Adrenaline, not die hard though. Many songs like Change and Minerva gave me a kick in the arse, but Saturday Night Wrist engulfed me. Then a combo of crunch came along, Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan, which I still listen to both consistently. Ive been waiting for this album, worried at times that they might become victims of hitting their ceiling and sounding the same, but of course they did the smartest thing which is to reinvent. All three of the singles took a few listens to really appreciate, Deftones' transitions can catch you off guard sometimes, but then you realize the songs wouldn't make sense otherwise. This is a real album, not a bunch of good songs thrown together, each song actually flows with one another, which is insane seeing that they sequenced the tracks in the same order they recorded them. Gore is nothing less than a stellar evolution from one of the most consistent bands. I get the comparisons to Team Sleep and Palms, but we have to understand, in your 40's you may not want to scream and be angry all the time. You mature and grow. Listen, its 100% Deftones riffs, pop snare, distortion, vocal effects and atmosphere but somehow different, more emotional. I feel the soul of this album already and look forward to spending alot of time with it. I also look forward to this new era of the Deftones. There's no band quite like them!

GGI WTK19 Watch Repair Kit
GGI WTK19 Watch Repair Kit
Offered by SELL BELOW COST
Price: $18.49
2 used & new from $18.49

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome little set, August 28, 2015
This review is from: GGI WTK19 Watch Repair Kit (Watch)
awesome little set, everything i need

Women's New Sexy Faux Denim Printed with Leopard Animal Print Capri Leggings
Women's New Sexy Faux Denim Printed with Leopard Animal Print Capri Leggings
Offered by ELEGANT4U
Price: $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars quality material looks like real jeans, August 28, 2015
wife loves em, shes a cougar

Solid Knee Length Short Spandex Yoga Leggings 6 Pack (19 inch, C_Type)
Solid Knee Length Short Spandex Yoga Leggings 6 Pack (19 inch, C_Type)

5.0 out of 5 stars 6pack please, August 28, 2015
wife loved the 6pack and options, she is small/med and these fit perfect.

Diamond Eyes (Deluxe) [Explicit]
Diamond Eyes (Deluxe) [Explicit]
Price: $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Crunchy Sound, August 28, 2015
Im surprised I never reviewed this gem. Been a fan since day one, and was in and out of love with them over the years. Saturday Night Wrist sucked me back in and this one took the cake. Crunchy sound! It spent at least a month in my deck without skip. Still gets regular play. How a band, this far in their career is still evolving, progressing and making great music is just crazy. Never fell off, never sold out or got cheesy. Best lasting band. Leaders in the genre.

The Pressure [Explicit]
The Pressure [Explicit]
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonic sound, boom bap, quality music., August 20, 2015
Front to back, this is some of the dopest hiphop Ive heard in a while. True lyricism and dope banging beats. Sonic sound, boom bap, quality music. So glad I found this one!

Currents
Currents
Price: $11.08
76 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Its Evolved, So am I., July 30, 2015
This review is from: Currents (Audio CD)
Spent over a week, on constant repeat so I could give it an honest review. Upon first listen I was kind of scared. I really anticipated this album, so much I bought the CD, received day of release, unwrapped and listened straight through. It was weird. Not like the others. Very synthy. Few stand out tracks. I knew I needed more time with it. A week later, I love it! A lot of genius on here. Considering this is really a Kevin solo album and you can hear a lot of relationship inspiration. Singing in the higher octave, which proved successful for both the Broken Bells and The Strokes last efforts. I'd say Currents is more related to his electronically produced, Melody's Echo Chamber, than the last Tame record. No its not Lonerism, but honestly did we really want the same thing? This is a lasting band that changed and explores sounds. Alla Radiohead, Bjork, Beck, Julian Casablancas and dare I say The Beatles. They are not U2 or the Chili Peppers who, although great bands, always sound the same. I will admit some songs are too long, and some are just so good I wish they were longer. The two short intermission style loops are some of the most amazing sounds... like, WHY DIDNT YOU LOOP THAT FOREVER! haha. Thank goodness for repeat. It does leave you wanting more overall. Maybe one more rocker like The Less I Know The Better. But hey they have plenty of those in their arsenal. My absolute fav is The Moment. I love most tracks, maybe only skip Past Life once and a while, but even that is like a weird poetic trip. Great album, different, which was smart because you cant really compare it to their others. Its evolved. So am I.

Morning Phase
Morning Phase
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars as diverse an artists as I am a listener, February 12, 2015
This review is from: Morning Phase (MP3 Music)
Bought the CD on release day. I was a childhood fan of loser... and stopped paying attention after his commercial success with Odelay. I had forgotten all about Beck until I head the song Romona in Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. Then I delved into his catalog which I missed. Guero, Sea Change, Midnight Vultures, Information, Modern Guilt... this guy is different on every album... as diverse an artists as I am a listener. He became one of my favorites.. among Radiohead, Bjork, Deftones, Beatles/Lennon, Strokes/Julian. He's one of those artists... Started of with commercial success gaining a strong following, then focusing on his creative talent, somewhat dropping behind the scene, making music he feels. I anticipated this album, told people about it... Beck? Loser Beck?... I know I know but its mature, it is his morning phase, which happens to be great for the morning drive and one of the few albums I can see playing for my children when that time comes. I appreciated the Grammy nod, surprised by the wins, finally the unpopular but very well done album wins, underdog gets it, art really being awarded for what it is. Glad the fiasco happened allowing new people to hear his work, old fans revisiting his catalog and hopefully reinventing him for the next one. Just felt the need to buy it again.

Goorin Bros. Men's Jim Cramer Gatsby, Black, Large
Goorin Bros. Men's Jim Cramer Gatsby, Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 20, 2015
looks better than picture... not too black... lots of compliments and keeps the head warm.

Cosco Fabric 4-Pack Folding Chair, Black
Cosco Fabric 4-Pack Folding Chair, Black
Price: $71.11
14 used & new from $71.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 20, 2015
folding chairs with reasonable cushion for the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3