Profile for Michael Wasson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Wasson "bird carver" RSS Feed (West Grove, PA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Body-Solid Manta Ray Snap-On Squat Attachment
Body-Solid Manta Ray Snap-On Squat Attachment
Offered by Pro Therapy Supplies
Price: $44.95
9 used & new from $43.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to do., June 25, 2012
When I first discovered the manta at the gym, I thought it was great. No need for pads and wrapping towels to cushion the neck during squats.

After a while, I realized that there was a snobbery to using one. Die-hard gym rats considered it "cheating" or "for wimps".

I think it is pointless to debate the 'ethics' of a piec eof gym equipment. If you want to do squats without the pressure on your neck, get one and it will solve the problem.

I prefer to workout rather than engage in weight room bravado.

Mr. Coffee BVMC-PSTX91 Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker, Black/Stainless Steel
Offered by Global Supplies
Price: $74.49
42 used & new from $33.00

1.0 out of 5 stars I echo the other 1 stars, May 16, 2012
DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK!!!

At first I loved this coffee maker. Good looking, brewed quickly and kept coffee fresh for hours.

Then, the leaking started...

At first, there was coffee in the maker where the pot sits. So when I brew, I have to line the bottom with a paper towel. Inconvenient, but not earth-shattering.

Then the carafe started leaking when I poured! This is annoying.

And then it started dumping water all over the counter top when left on auto brew. So now, I have to get up and make coffee instead of having it waiting...like the $15 makers I used to get before I treated myself to this "top of the line" piece of garbage.

This all happened in less than 1 year!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2012 3:43 PM PDT

Pacific Natural Foods Rice Non-Dairy Beverage, Low-Fat Vanilla, 32-Ounce Containers (Pack of 12)
Offered by THE NATURAL BUY
Price: $31.13
5 used & new from $31.13

4.0 out of 5 stars WHy not?, August 8, 2011
I had never had rice milk before and did not know what to expect.

I was afraid that it was going to be starchy water. But this is a nice drink with good flavor.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2014 11:58 AM PDT

Hamilton Beach 67601 Big Mouth Juice Extractor, Black
Hamilton Beach 67601 Big Mouth Juice Extractor, Black
Price: $59.00
25 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the home!, August 8, 2011
I had bought a juicer for $10 on ebay, 10 years ago and used it sporadically.

I recently started to juice again and wanted a better one. Not wanting to fall into the hype of infomercial juicers, I looked on amazon. This was the only one with zero complaints, so I purchased it and it was a good choice.

It is powerful, reasonably quiet and extracts a lot of juice. And I don't have to cut stuff into small pieces!

A great buy for the home.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Yet another dud of a supplement., July 6, 2011
I like to try new supplements when they come out and see if they yield any results.
Deer antler velvet and its contents of IGF-1 was much-hyped.

Unfortunately, I rate this supplement as completely worthless. I saw no benefit in terms of performance, recovery or gains.

Lesson learned......next!

EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Lighted Display, 400 lb. Capacity and "Step-On" Technology [2014 VERSION] - 10,000+ Reviews EatSmart Guaranteed Accurate
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $39.95
19 used & new from $28.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Turned bad, February 11, 2011
Started having issues with this scale soon after I bought it and was initially pleased.

I started going through batteries quickly. A pain, but not the end of the world.

It started being inaccurate. I could weigh myself in clothes, remove them and then still be the same weight to 0.1 lbs....impossible.

Then the springs on the back legs gave out and it won't turn on. Totally dead.

Typical of products today. Look good and work well initially, but cheap components quickly fail.

The Lost Boy: A Foster Child's Search for the Love of a Family
The Lost Boy: A Foster Child's Search for the Love of a Family
by Dave J. Pelzer
Price: $9.86
1650 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars More of the same!, May 20, 2010
After determining that the first book was really a work of FICTION, I started to read this book because it claimed that questions would be answered.

That turned out to be a sales gimmick!

There were no answers, no explanations, no closure... merely the further embellishments of the author through the foster care system.

If I want fiction, I at least want fiction that is honest enough to be in the fiction section of the bookstore!

A Child Called It: One Child's Courage to Survive
A Child Called It: One Child's Courage to Survive
by Dave J. Pelzer
Price: $7.88
1568 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Self-serving and obviously embellished, May 17, 2010
I read this "book" in about two hours because my daughter had read it for a school assignment. It is poorly-written, short and with overly large type.

It "is" a fascinating read in terms of hyperbole...much like an exploitation movie or slasher flick.

I would imagine that David suffered some abuse, however there is SIMPLY NO WAY THAT THIS HAPPENED TO THE EXTENT TALKED ABOUT IN THE BOOK!!

Lets take for example; the burning incident where he claimed to be burned for a minute over a flame.

1. He would not have been able to remain conscious.
2. This would have produced a burn that would have required medical attention to survive.
3. A person who was as starved as he claims, would not have the consitution to survive such an injury.
4. This would have been so traumatic that he would not have remembered it in such vivid detail (he was burned for "58 seconds")

He also claims to have survived an infected abdominal stab wound without medical treatment? And cleaned the pus with dirty rags!?

He claims to have been beaten on a daily basis and was always black and blue, but did not develop rabdo?

He claims to have been forced to vomit every day after school, yet suffered from no erosion of the esophagus?

Yet, his parents went to the trouble of getting glasses for him!?

Ammonia and bleach form chlorine gas when mixed, he survived being locked in a room for hours with it?! When WWI soldiers died after exposure?

Had the mother committed these atrocities (even in the 70s) and the police, teachers and social workers knew, the mother would have been charged. Seriously! He claims to have been rescued because he "accidently" told that his mother had stabbed him, then the police allow 4 other children to stay in a home with her?!

This book is a crock and the author is another Frey.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2013 7:51 AM PDT

Greco - Roman Wrestling
Greco - Roman Wrestling
Offered by SourceMedia
Price: $25.19
2 used & new from $25.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the money, April 16, 2010
This review is from: Greco - Roman Wrestling (DVD)
Not a bad dvd for some GR techniques.

However, it is far from comprehesive and some of the East European instructers could use some voice-overs.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars A cheap piece of garbage!, January 14, 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
How fun is this toy?
How do I rate its educational value?

Who knows!? As soon as we opened the box and tried to separate pieces one of the treads (made of cheap, stamped foam) snapped. No point even building a tank with no treads.

Page: 1 | 2