Profile for Marianne Gordon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Marianne Gordon RSS Feed (AZ)

Comprehensive Jewelry Guide to Christmas Tree Pins
Comprehensive Jewelry Guide to Christmas Tree Pins
by Kathy Flood

5.0 out of 5 stars charming and beautiful pictures of Christmas pins for everyone's enjoyment, October 8, 2014
If you admire Christmas Tree pins, you deserve this book. If you are thinking about collecting or are already collecting, you deserve this book!
It is a treasuretrove of masterfully written information with unique, charming and beautiful pictures of Christmas pins for everyone's enjoyment. Trust me, you won't be able to put the book down!
As a "newbie" to collecting Christmas pins, Kathy's presentation has not only inspired me but has created so much more excitement in my quest to search for many of these wonderful and illusive pins. The fun is in the hunt!
Comprehensive Jewelry Guide to Christmas Tree Pins is absolutely priceless!
I love my book and you deserve one too!
Thank You, Kathy Flood!

Hurricane Mop
Hurricane Mop
Offered by Amazing DEALS Online
Price: $49.99
11 used & new from $42.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Hurricane Spin Mop -- Yes! It works!, April 30, 2014
This review is from: Hurricane Mop (Kitchen)
I read the negative reviews AFTER I purchased this mop. However, it was sent out promptly and I decided to try it at least once before making my final decision.
Yes, the mop handle is hard to put together and hold together....it took my neighbor to tighten the pieces so I could use it without the handle falling apart. Once that was accomplished, the mop did a better than average job on my tile floors. They came clean even after just using the wet swifter on my floor, so much dirt was left on the tile and this little mop got my floor really clean! The bucket spinner did a great job eliminating the excess water from the mop and was easy to use.
I suppose over time, this design may be improved upon and I hope caster wheels will be put on the bucket so it can roll around...that would be my only suggestion. Once you get the handle put together, you will have a great mop and so easy to use!

Dead Reckoning: The New Science of Catching Killers
Dead Reckoning: The New Science of Catching Killers
Price: $15.08
147 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The study in Forensics Science, September 26, 2005
Dr. Michael Baden gives the reader first hand information upon entering the field as a medical examiner including the pitfalls, the long hours, the research, the politics involved - an exhaustive accounting and journey he has taken for many years. Dr. Baden leaves nothing out as he takes you through heinous murder scenes, tests and analysis, the importance and significance of DNA testing today and how not only it can prove a person guilty but has established innocence of some wrongfully imprisoned.

He quite methodically explains in layman terms so that every scientific procedure is easily understood by the reader.

Very well written and a book by Dr. Baden that is difficult to put down once you start reading.

Remains Silent
Remains Silent
206 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Forensic Entertainment at its Best, September 26, 2005
This review is from: Remains Silent (Hardcover)
I saw the interview by Charles Gibson on Good Morning America of Dr. Baden and his lovely wife, who is an attorney at law, and as Charlie asked questions about this intriguing novel, it turns out it is more of an autobiography of Dr. Baden meeting his wife and the case they were working on together. This interview prompted me to buy the book and once I started to read, I couldn't put the book down until I finished.

Sprinkled with the good guys and the bad guys, it is a outstanding murder mystery with forensic science and just a hint of a romantic love story. The story flies and before you know it, you are at the end wanting more. I hope there will be more books to come by these authors.

Unnatural Death: Confessions of a Medical Examiner
Unnatural Death: Confessions of a Medical Examiner
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.19
133 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Forensics at its Best, September 26, 2005
As a loyal CIS fan, Confessions of a Medical Examiner takes the reader into the fascinating and real world of forensic science. What takes 40 minutes to solve on television in reality can take days, weeks, months and sometimes never.

Michael Baden gives terrific insigt into the life and career of a medical examiner, who, unlike a hospital pathologist, autopies for three kinds of unnatural deaths - suicides, homicides and accidents. This is an untaught specialty and according to Dr. Baden, a stepchild of the medical profession. Training comes as apprentices in a medical examiner's office.

Each chapter is riveting in detail and forensic lore - for any crime buff, Confessions of a Medical Examiner should be on the "must read" list.

Marianne Gordon