Profile for Rachel > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rachel RSS Feed (WV USA)

A Touch Mortal (Touch Mortal Trilogy)
A Touch Mortal (Touch Mortal Trilogy)
by Leah Clifford
Price: $14.97
79 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Touch Mortal--Great YA debut, April 13, 2011
Eden is stuck somewhere between life and death and now "lives" in our world almost invisible to the normal people around her. But dealing with her half life isn't the only thing she has to take care of--there's also the beautiful almost-fallen angel she fell in love with and the devil. Not to mention she's quickly becoming feared by her own kind because Eden isn't a regular sider.

The first in a planned trilogy, A Touch Mortal is a fresh take on the fallen angel theme now popular in Young Adult Fiction. Teens will find the two choice relationship similar to the Twilight scenario, but with vastly different and deeper characters. Recommended for angel/fallen angel story lovers and for paranormal romance fans.

You might also like Unearthly by Cynthia Hand or Fallen by Lauren Kate.

I was not paid for this review. It is cross-posted from my blog.

All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire (Love at Stake, Book 5)
All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire (Love at Stake, Book 5)
by Kerrelyn Sparks
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
235 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire--Great for lovers of funny vampire romance!, April 13, 2011
Toni Davis just needs to get her friend out of the psych ward. To do that, she has to prove that the vampires that attacked her friend are real. So naturally she takes a job working for them where she meets nearly five hundred year old Ian MacPhie--and the sparks fly from there.

This is another hilarious installment to the Love at Stake Series by Kerrelyn Sparks. If you enjoy quirky, humorous characters that are good at making you laugh out loud one minute and go "Aw..." the next, these books are for you. Each book in the series stands alone, but they also have walk-on appearances by previous couples so if you don't like a spoiler, read them in order. Recommended for adult vampire romance lovers.

This is book #5 in the Love at Stake Series. Book one is titled How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire. You might also like The Dark Ones Series by Katie MacAlister, The Argeneau Vampires by Lynsay Sands, or The Jane Jameson Series by Molly Harper.

I bought this book for myself and was not paid for this review. It is cross-posted from my Blogspot blog: Rebel Librarian Reviews at [...]

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Imperial123
Price: $74.99
41 used & new from $44.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Sansa Clip+, August 22, 2010
I had the Sansa Clip for about a year and a half before it mysteriously quit charging (I blame taking it to Egypt, though I have seen other reviewers that encountered the same issue). I really loved the Clip as it was small and very light. It worked well, had good sound and all that good stuff, but I quickly filled the one I had which in combination with the charging problem led to the Sansa Clip+ which I bought primarily for the expandable memory slot. Like the Clip, the Clip+ has nice sound and is very light. My only complaint is the lack of a key locking feature like the Clip has. I've only had it a couple of weeks and already turned it on by accident in my bag. That's a minor thing though. Otherwise I am very pleased with the Clip+. Hopefully it will last long enough to grow with my collection. I'll be editing this review later on to let you know how it goes!

Sterling Silver Marquise Emerald colored CZ Celtic knot Solitaire Ring
Sterling Silver Marquise Emerald colored CZ Celtic knot Solitaire Ring
Offered by Gem Avenue
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this ring!, October 6, 2008
I ordered this for myself. I don't normally wear rings, but I wanted something related to my Irish heritage and thought this would be perfect. It's really pretty. The pictures don't do it justice. I ordered a size too small, but c'est la vie! I can still wear it on my pinkie finger! I'm very happy with my purchase, and it got here incredibly fast too.