Profile for Ethan John > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ethan John RSS Feed (Metro Detroit)

Orbit 57096 Super-6 Controller with Remote
Orbit 57096 Super-6 Controller with Remote
Price: $47.97
17 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Remote is Fantastic, August 12, 2011
The new system was pretty easy to install. I removed the wires from my old system after marking which wire irrigated which zones. You'll need a small screwdriver to tighten the screws on the new controller. Set up was easy using the instructions and there is pretty good flexibility with the options.

The best part of the system is the remote, though. Our sprinkler control unit is located in the basement and tucked deep inside a closet. It was a pain going down there to run a zone manually. Now I or my wife can control the system from upstairs with ease. Also, repair of the sprinkler heads outside is so much easier - I'm not trudging in and out with muddy boots to test things.

I found the range to be very good. No problems from anywhere in my yard getting a signal transmitted to the control unit in the basement (through concrete in one direction).

Also, this unit was only a few dollars more than a standard timer sold at my local big orange hardware store.

Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B Flush Tilt (1.3" Profile) TV Wall Mount Bracket for 32-65 inch LED, LCD and Plasma Flat Screen TVs Up To VESA 684x400 and 165lbs, Including a Twisted Veins 10' Braided High Speed with Ethernet HDMI Cable and a 6" 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level
Offered by CheetahMounts
Price: $25.69
14 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV Mount, December 21, 2008
The Cheetah mount is an incredible value. The mount is amazingly sturdy and very well built. It took me about 30 minutes to assemble the parts out of the box. Then another hour to mount the TV to the brick above our fireplace. I used 4 Quicktap blue masonry anchors to attach the mount to the wall, and it is so secure I could probably hang from the TV itself.

I was also pleased to find that the mount included all of the hardware (bolts, washers, spacers) that you would need to mount almost any VESA compatible flat panel. Our TV is a 52 inch Samsung (750 series) and the bolts I needed were included.

Overall, a great buy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2013 9:25 PM PDT

318518-761 Bryant Humidifier Replacement Evaporator Pad
318518-761 Bryant Humidifier Replacement Evaporator Pad
Offered by Filters-Now
Price: $20.99
3 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality Filter, shipped quickly, December 21, 2008
Filter arrived just as described and is top quality. It was shipped quickly and seller kept me well informed. Thanks, and I will do business again.

SportDOG In-Ground Fence System, SDF-100
SportDOG In-Ground Fence System, SDF-100
Offered by Shop-Til-U-Drop
Price: $239.95
9 used & new from $239.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Pet Containment, May 30, 2008
I received the Petsafe fence system yesterday and it took about 6 hours total to install for my yard. I didn't use any fancy machinery, just a flat shovel and some back-breaking hard work. I wanted to keep my dog within the backyard so I ran a single wire around the backyard, pinched it in on the sides and completed the loop by running wire near the front of the house. Setting up the actual system was quite easy. I just hung it on the wall near an outlet and split the wire as it came out my garage. The receiver on the collar looks a little big for my 55 pound dog (German Shorthaired Pointer), but I don't think he minds. Its also nice that the unit takes regular 9-Volt batteries as replacements. Today was the first training day with the system, and boy did the dog jump with his first shock. I felt really bad for him, but he quickly learned to associate the beeping and vibrating of the collar with the painful correction shock. By the end of the day he wouldn't go closer than 4 feet from a white flag - even for a treat or his favorite ball. Actually, at the end of the day I turned the system to beep/vibrate mode only since he is doing so well. I have more training to do and supervised outdoor time, but I can already tell that this product is a good buy.

BLACK SILICON SKIN Cover Case for Sprint Palm Centro 690 - Flexible Soft
BLACK SILICON SKIN Cover Case for Sprint Palm Centro 690 - Flexible Soft
Offered by SF Planet
Price: $1.99
3 used & new from $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Case is Loose, May 30, 2008
I have the same problem as some of the other reviewers. The case is a little too loose when placed around the phone. When the encased phone is in your pocket, the case can move around and become misaligned. Its just not as tight as I would think. I ended up removing the case and just using the bare phone with a screen protector.