Profile for James L. Stanfield > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

James L. Stanfield RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Crown Stapler, 20 gage, Electric with Molded Case
Crown Stapler, 20 gage, Electric with Molded Case
Offered by AtoZ Online
Price: $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we were looking for, February 26, 2014
This thing really works. We will use it in the garden to attach netting to the frames for climbing veggies and to keep birds out. One warning though: The staples aren't easy to find locally, so it is a good idea to order them with the stapler. It will also be useful in some upcoming upholstery projects.

Scratch Stock & Beader by Hock Tools
Scratch Stock & Beader by Hock Tools
Offered by Group Four Int'l
Price: $31.92

1.0 out of 5 stars Scratch Stock and Beader by Hoak Tools, January 31, 2014
I received it in good condition. It it truly a piece of CRAP. I have already tossed it in the trash and started looking for the real thing. A real one will cost a lot more, but at least I will have one.

Large Solid Brass School Bell w/ Wood Handle ~ School Bell
Large Solid Brass School Bell w/ Wood Handle ~ School Bell
Offered by Magoo's General Store, Inc
Price: $25.00
4 used & new from $20.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Old-time charm, December 18, 2013
We bought this to give to a good friend who is retiring from an outstanding teaching carreer. It will be on a deck plaque with the message: "Kathy Schwab changed the future". It is better than we expected and is a genuine bronze sand casting with a nice tone.

Sycamore Row
Sycamore Row
by John Grisham
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $22.88
53 used & new from $16.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Jake Brigance is Back, November 5, 2013
This review is from: Sycamore Row (Audio CD)
John Grisham never disappoints. This is a long-awaited sequel to "A Time To Kill. Jake Brigance is back on the job.

Tree Fruit Field Guide to Insect, Mite, and Disease Pests and Natural Enemies of Eastern North America
19 used & new from $48.95

1.0 out of 5 stars A big disappointment, November 5, 2013
This is just a long commercial for the big chemical industry. It contains no biological control information, a disappointment to those of us who are interested in saving further damage to the environment.

Shep's Army: Bummers, Blisters and Boondoggles
Shep's Army: Bummers, Blisters and Boondoggles
by Jean Shepherd
Price: $11.55
46 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Jean Shepherd's newest, November 5, 2013
As a youngster, I listened th Shepherd's radio broadcasts from New York. When I read this in a quiet place, I can almost hear 'Ol Shep's cigarette damaged voice. Amazon carries a number of his books..........read them all.

Trustee from the Toolroom
Trustee from the Toolroom
by Nevil Shute
Edition: Audio CD
3 used & new from $48.00

5.0 out of 5 stars An exciting read, November 5, 2013
Nevil Shute is the greatest writer no one has ever heard of. This book is a replacement for about the fourth copy we have given away or lost to someone who borrowed it and kept it. He calls his books (except Slide Rule) fiction but I personally doubt it. I actually met him at Farnborough in 1960 (we were both engineers) when I presented a paper. We now own copies of every book he wrote. I would recommend his books to anyone who reads.

Morality for Beautiful Girls (No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Book 3)
Morality for Beautiful Girls (No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Book 3)
by Alexander McCall Smith
Price: $12.37
1206 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good light reading., May 7, 2013
Okay, I admit that we are hooked on the book. We have another in the series on order (you guessed it) from Amazon already.

Stanley PPRH5 450-Amp Professional Power Station with Built-In Air Compressor
Stanley PPRH5 450-Amp Professional Power Station with Built-In Air Compressor
Price: $108.79
11 used & new from $105.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another really handy tool., May 7, 2013
When your tractor has a discharged battery and is in a distant barn with no electricity, this thing saves much trouble. I used it to inflate a "soft" tire at the same time. This is probably another tool the neighbors will be borrowing often. I have it on a work bench down in the basement.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Crocs for (almost) everyone, May 7, 2013
We ordered the "Crocs" for my wife on a recommendation from a friend. My wife didn't like them and has already tossed them out. They looked comfortable to me, but then what fo I know? Lots of folks swear that they are the best shoes ever. My wife's opinion was probably just an aberration.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3