Profile for Chigirl > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chigirl RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Centrum Flavor Burst Multivitamin Adult Chews Tropical Fruit -- 120 Chewables
Centrum Flavor Burst Multivitamin Adult Chews Tropical Fruit -- 120 Chewables
Offered by OTCRX4U
Price: $13.18
8 used & new from $10.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Delicious but..., February 12, 2014
As a Smiley 360 member, I received over 20 FREE packets of Centrum Multivitamin Multimineral Flavor Burst Adult Chews in Grape & Pineapple to sample and give away.

Bad: I deducted two stars for several reasons. One serving size is FOUR chews. Most people want to take one or two vitamins and be on their way. This four count serving makes these vitamins expensive. Target nearby sells these for $7.99 for 60 ct, which is a 15 day supply. That's $0.13/chew. The 30 day supply (120 ct) is $9.99, on sale. That's $0.08/chew.
For those of us watching calories, one 4-ct serving of these chews is 100 calories! That's a big calorie count to allocate towards a daily vitamin! 700 calories per month is crazy.

Good: They taste great and have the texture of Skittles.

In conclusion, in addition to consuming nutrient-dense calories from fruits and veggies, I'd rather take a different multivitamin. These Centrum Multivitamin Chews won't replace my current lower calorie multivitamin that not only contains more vitamins and minerals, it's also much, much lower in calories.

Ematic FTABCB 7-Inch 4GB Fun Tab Touchscreen Kids Tablet with Android 4.0 (Blue/Green)
Offered by Global Supplies
Price: $118.99
5 used & new from $118.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete waste of money, August 30, 2013
My child used this tablet only ten times out of the year. Why? It's very frustrating to use, contains very poorly designed applications that are buggy, and mediocre touch screen/response.

APPS
The ones included are extremely buggy. They either:
- freeze up
- don't respond to touch at all 90% of the time
- require several touches to respond
- touch response lag is very unacceptable. Some apps are sensitive to touch while others may require your child to hold down a bit and then let go. This is confusing as you move from app to app.
- have bad, poorly designed interfaces. The navigation menu and buttons are either very tiny or very cramped together. So, my child or myself, always end up accidentally touching buttons that we didn't intend to press.
- are hard to see. Many of the games are not crisp or clear.

The ones that are not included, well, you have to dish out MORE money. $59.95 a year.
- I wouldn't know because I refuse to pay Zoodles $59.95/year.
- the apps that are included don't work correctly, at all, so why would I foolishly dish out more money. I would hate to find out that my son would continue to have a frustrating experience for apps that don't work.

TABLET
- The tablet itself appears to be durable but the screen blacked out on us once. We put the tablet aside for a while and my son decided to try it again.
- Startup is extremely slow. Sometimes you think it froze but it's actually still loading.
- Sometimes, the tablet does freeze up at the Android Ice Cream Sandwich screen.
- The plug for the DC power doesn't seem very durable. It doesn't insert all the way into the table.

CUSTOMER SERVICE
Hard to find and then turned out to be non-existent.

This tablet had the concept I was looking for but failed miserably in graphical user interface design. The touchscreen lag and buggy applications = complete waste of money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2013 9:27 AM PST

Snappy White Popcorn, 4 Pounds
Snappy White Popcorn, 4 Pounds
Price: $10.98
7 used & new from $10.98

3.0 out of 5 stars No unpopped kernels but pops small., June 4, 2013
I make Snappy White Popcorn in a large pot over a gas burner. I've tried coconut oil, canola oil, and corn oil. Canola oil produced better results out of the three oils. Otherwise, this popping corn wasn't the best I've tried. The kernels pop small popcorn. While I haven't had more than 5 unpopped kernels in the pot, there a lot of hulls since the corn pops so small. Once I finish this large container, I will NOT repurchase this brand.

Color Club 2013 Holographic Halo Hues Nail Polish Lacquer 6 Color Collection
Color Club 2013 Holographic Halo Hues Nail Polish Lacquer 6 Color Collection
Offered by La Belle B Supply
Price: $36.99
5 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars True holographic color, April 29, 2013
All of the colors are gorgeous and are genuine holographic colors. If I had to choose one, I would say that Over The Moon is the best of the collection. The polish was very easy to remove.

One small dislike: the holo effect lasted about three days. However, I'm sure that's user error on my part.

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing, 1 Pound
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing, 1 Pound
Offered by Pure Essence Health
Price: $7.82
56 used & new from $2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Spa day for my hair!, February 22, 2013
I used Aztec for the first time over the weekend and it felt like a spa day for my hair!

The jar arrived with anti-tampering seal. The powder is fine textured and has a soft mint-green/gray color. I measured a 1/4 cup of powder in a plastic container . Then, gradually stirred in 1/4 cup of diluted apple cider vinegar/water with a plastic spoon. Once the clay was smooth, I stirred in 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. I applied the powder to my face and my previously deep conditioned hair.

Application was very easy to both my face and my hair. and scalp. I put a plastic cap over my hair so that the clay wouldn't dry out. After 15 minutes, I rinsed my face and hair with very warm water. The clay rinsed out easily.

My face was glowing and smooth. My hair had defined curls and felt soft. I was surprised to find that the 6-month old henna that I thought had grown out to the tips of my hair was vibrantly all over my hair. The clay revealed the henna again and I loved it!

Definitely a keeper!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2013 7:07 PM PST

Dermorganic Leave-in Treatment with Argan Oil, 4 Ounce
Dermorganic Leave-in Treatment with Argan Oil, 4 Ounce
Offered by Hair Passion
Price: $5.75
55 used & new from $5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Glossy hair, January 19, 2013
I first tried this as part of a small sampler pack sold at Ulta. I loved the way the Dermorganic Leave-in Treatment with Argan Oil felt in my hair. It feels like a serum but it's not oily or thick. I had to purchase the larger bottle because I liked this so much. I found the best price on Amazon.

This product left my hair soft and glossy with such a tiny amount. This product will likely last a year or more. Until then, I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

Superman Juniors Blue Cape Socks
Superman Juniors Blue Cape Socks
Offered by MyTeeSpot
Price: $8.49
19 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Gag/Grab Bag Gift, January 19, 2013
These socks were just as pictured. The colors were vibrant and the fabric felt soft. Since these were a part of a white elephant grab bag, I cannot comment on the longevity of the socks.

What I can say is, the bag I made which contained these socks and the Shake Weight, drew a lot of laughs and steals.

I'm going to buy another pair as a gift because I know someone who loves novelty socks. I liked these just that much.

Wolfgang Puck Coffee, Chef's Reserve Colombian (Dark Roast), 24-Count K-Cup for Keurig Brewers
Offered by JustOneCup
Price: $12.75
4 used & new from $12.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good coffee, November 16, 2012
I purchased this through the Amazon Warehouse. The product didn't expire for another 8 months. I wouldn't say that this was my favorite KCup coffee but it was good. I like Caribou KCups best. Wolfgang Chef's Reserve was smooth but had a bitter finish. I will still repurchase.

Canon 2945B011 PGI-220 and CLI-221 CMY Ink with PP-201 (50 Sheets) Combo Pack
Canon 2945B011 PGI-220 and CLI-221 CMY Ink with PP-201 (50 Sheets) Combo Pack
Price: $43.33
80 used & new from $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, November 16, 2012
Dependable and consistent results every time. It's a bit expensive but I won't use anything else. My home printed photos look professional.

Eight O'Clock The Original Whole Bean Coffee, 36-Ounce
Eight O'Clock The Original Whole Bean Coffee, 36-Ounce
Price: $13.08
5 used & new from $13.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and not bitter, September 11, 2012
I've purchased this coffee from my local grocery store before. I love the smooth, bold flavor. I purchased this coffee to experiment with Ekobrew. There is more than enough beans to experiment with! I imagine that this giant bag would be used in restaurants. The coffee arrived fresh and fragrant. Each cup I made was delicious and not bitter.

Page: 1 | 2