Profile for Jim > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jim RSS Feed (Rockaway, NJ)

Pig Mask
Pig Mask
Offered by The Gag
Price: $15.95
20 used & new from $14.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Super creepy, helped scare Philadelphia, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Pig Mask (Toy)
Brought this to Philadelphia where me and 4 others ran around with the other masks (Horse, Unicorn, Cardinal, Chicken) during a Goruck Scavenger. Really creepy, much creepier than in the pictures. Children gathered to see the chicken, cardinal, horse, and especially the unicorn, but immediatelywere afraid of the pig. I felt bad, but this mask is so funny to me, I didn't care. Love the mask!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2012 10:06 AM PST

Snark SN-1 Tuner
Snark SN-1 Tuner
Price: $10.61
93 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little tuner, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Snark SN-1 Tuner (Electronics)
This tuner is very tiny, does not require being plugged into the guitar, and can handle non-standard tuning too since it is chromatic within the bass guitar/guitar ranges. It includes a metronome function, and can even change the reference pitch of A-440 in case there are instruments in the group that cannot be tuned easily like a piano. Worth the price easily, and the soft-touch finish is a nice surprise.

Opteka SW-1 Sidewinder Joystick Pistol Grip Ball Head with Quick Release Plate for Tripods & Monopods

3.0 out of 5 stars Works for what I need - Great Price, November 17, 2010
I decided to get this ball head due to the multiple mounting configurations, and the great review by Mark. Everything he said is true, so I won't reitterate his points.

I actually didn't realize there was a screw insert for this, so I thought it was an oversight on my part when the head didn't mount to my tripod, so I built my own adapter. C'est la vie, it works now.

The 3-star review is for the "stickiness" and some misalignment:
I noticed the stickiness/stiffness in the rotation, but after moving it around a bit, it loosened up. When you take tension off with the screw, it can be really loose, and squeezing the grip before adjusting the tension helps adjusting it with your hands.

The misalignment is of the seat for the quick-release plate to screw into. More clearly, the release plate is two parts, one screws on the camera, the other screws on the ball head with the allan key. The part attaching to the ball head had two metal guides that are supposed to line up the release plate with the ball head's position, but mine were machined slightly off center, so there's a slight angle to the camera when it sits on top. Nothing critical to the working of the ball head, but panoramic shots may not stitch as easily.

Again, works very well with my Canon 7D and the 24-70mm f/2.8 lens.

Transcend 32 GB Compact Flash Card 400X (Blue)
Transcend 32 GB Compact Flash Card 400X (Blue)
Price: Click here to see our price
92 used & new from $30.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected in Canon 7D, November 17, 2010
This Transcend 32Gb CF 400x Card has the build quality of a SanDisk 8Gb 200x card I borrowed from a friend the weekend before this came. I shot over 1100 photos in a matter of 90 minutes, all 25mb RAW files (totaling 25gb on the card), of two 15 month olds (so a mix of single shot and high speed bursts) and this card kept up just fine.

I don't see a need in my near future for a 600x card, and the 32Gb was more than enough space. When formatted, it is about 29.5Gb.

I have no regrets and for the price and quality, I would buy again without a doubt.