Profile for Ian Chase Vincent > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ian Chase Vincent RSS Feed

Case-Mate CM014538 Black Barely There Brushed Aluminum Case for iPhone 4 / 4S
Case-Mate CM014538 Black Barely There Brushed Aluminum Case for iPhone 4 / 4S
2 used & new from $12.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Best case for style and function (camera), January 28, 2012
This case is simply as close to perfect as we will likely get. I went through several cases (all sufferered from flash bleed), and none have impressed me like this one. The build quality is superb (gun metal plastic), the durable aluminum brush inlay on the back is stylish and will not get fingerprints at all, the case is so sleek that you can barely tell it's there except where you want it, every port is easily accessed, the case fits perfectly, and (the main reason I chose this case) the extra large opening for the camera/flash reduces if not nullifies flash bleed present in the majority of the cases I've seen. As an added bonus, while this case clips onto the chassis of the phone (very snug), it offers a slight lip for front protection; you can lay your phone on its front without the surface touching the glass of your screen. I recommend this case to anyone because it is stylish, exceptionally functional, and built well. You can't go wrong with this case.

Anker® Astro 5600mAh Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank for Smartphones and Tablets including iPhone 6 / 5, Galaxy S5 / S4, HTC One (M8) and Many More
Anker® Astro 5600mAh Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank for Smartphones and Tablets including iPhone 6 / 5, Galaxy S5 / S4, HTC One (M8) and Many More
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $55.99
4 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 28, 2012
The Anker Astro 5600 mAh is simply fantastic. The main product I use it with is my iPhone 4S (though this will be useful for just about any electronic device I own). I typically get ~18 hours of usage from my iPhone 4S without the Astro in moderate usage. I frequently go long periods without ability to charge, so my battery on my phone goes dead or close to occasionally. The Astro has made battery life concerns a non-issue; no longer do I have to be worried about using my phone too much. I simply keep the compact Astro in my backpack or pocket at all times. If I run low of charge on my phone or device, I just pull it out and charge my phone to full--quickly too. It charges remarkably fast (probably as fast as the default charger). I have yet to come even close to draining the Astro dry (I can charge well over 60% without even draining one light!!!), but I imagine I will be able to pull 3 full charges from its massive 5600 mAh storage and then some (i.e. 50-60 extra hours, depending on usage). One thing most people don't recognize is that with every reaction, physical laws dictate that some energy is lost to the environment (i.e. heat), so it is not possible to get a 1:1 charge ratio. For instance, it usually takes about 1700+ mAh to charge the iPhone 1430 mAh battery. So when figuring your math for how much you can charge, keep this in mind.

The Anker Astro is going to be a life saver when I travel to South Korea for pleasure and to various medical schools for interviews this summer and fall. The product itself is small, attractive, well-built and sturdy (it's actually a lot better made than its picture indicates), and well-designed. The LED flashlight is a nice addition if I don't feel like opening my flashlight app on my iPhone. This product is only missing an Apple 30 pin connector (*hint, hint*), which would have been nice since the main product I use this for is an iPhone. However, I am completely satisfied with my purchase and the price is unbelievable for 5600 mAh. 5 out of 5 stars. Well done! This is my first product I've ever purchased from this company, and I'll keep it in mind for future purchases.

The Hillman Group 35094 Brass Flat Head Phillips Wood Screw, 12 x 1 1/2-Inch, 25-Pack
Price: $18.99

2.0 out of 5 stars 30-pin connector broke, January 28, 2012
The 30-pin connector side broke and no longer holds onto the device. This happened on the first usage. I'm not sure if it was a design flaw or a product defect. Since it was so cheap, I don't consider it worth it to file a claim, but I'd definitely welcome a new one that isn't broken.